Aug 15 - Young Jeezy: “I’m Not Capitalizing Off The Recession”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 15 - Young Jeezy: “I’m Not Capitalizing Off The Recession”

Gas prices are going up, but Young Jeezy sure can afford a gallon. Interestingly, the trapper, who usually leans more towards drugs tales than social commentary, titled his third solo album, The Recession to mixed responses. On one hand, fans are applauding Jeezy for addressing the common man’s struggle. On the other hand, skeptics think Jeezy, a millionaire who isn’t subjected to company-wide layoffs, is using the country’s bad economy as a marketing tool.

“It’s the same as my first album [Thug Motivation 101], Jeezy told XXLMag.com. “When money was plentiful, I was the first one who told you to stack it. Live your life with it. Now that money slowed up, I’ma be the one telling you to save it like they ain’t gon’ make it no more.”

“I wouldn’t say that I was capitalizing off of it,” he continued. “You wanna know who is capitalizing off of it, you gotta go talk to Bush. He’s at the basketball games over in China. Gas is like $9 almost it seems like, but he’s enjoying himself while the rest of us are suffering.”

Don’t let the bigger bank account fool you. Jeezy contends he’s personally affected just like 9-to-5ers.

“I got family members, aunts, uncles and friends that still live their life,” the Atlanta rapper explained. “You going through trials and trills, but you can’t save everybody, so it definitely affects me when I get the phone calls and somebody’s getting put out of their house, somebody doesn’t have a ride to work, somebody can’t pay their bills and there ain’t really a lot of opportunity out there for you.”

SOURCE
    Originally posted by midwestwitch
    If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

capitalizing off the recession? thats not what he's trying to do lol

Comment

Yeah, like his family is really suffering. Dude is a multi-fucking-millionaire. Why can't he just stick to songs about drugs, guns, and money? That's what he shines at. I hate when rappers overstep their boundaries and try get all political and aware. It's boring, preachy music and it comes off phony as fuck. Gas is $9 a gallon but you're dropping $100,000 on bracelets. Stop pretending you're a genius and put out more of that unapologetic G shit.
      Last edited by Jeff; 08-15-2008, 11:05 AM.
      Young, white, and educated. And poor.

Originally posted by BrianPeppers
      And by the way, I got 90%+ in all my PSAT categories. You?

Comment

thats fuckin ignorant. this is where hip hop was once at an now he's taking it back to the issues involved in common peoples lives. ppl bitch about rap not being real then when it turns real your mad cuz he isnt spitting about livin lavish? you think this fools a millionaire? LOL i highly doubt that. he's setting nicely though but that dont mean shit. mo' money mo' problems.
        you don't know the technique so don't tell lies, i'll shoot your mom in the back an fuck the bullet wound until she dies

Comment

more money more problems is one of the most illogical popular quotes

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Yeah, like his family is really suffering. Dude is a multi-fucking-millionaire. Why can't he just stick to songs about drugs, guns, and money? That's what he shines at. I hate when rappers overstep their boundaries and try get all political and aware. It's boring, preachy music and it comes off phony as fuck. Gas is $9 a gallon but you're dropping $100,000 on bracelets. Stop pretending you're a genius and put out more of that unapologetic G shit.
            Werd...
            Trust me nobody is touching me..

Comment

Originally posted by Chacrateazey View Post
              thats fuckin ignorant. this is where hip hop was once at an now he's taking it back to the issues involved in common peoples lives. ppl bitch about rap not being real then when it turns real your mad cuz he isnt spitting about livin lavish? you think this fools a millionaire? LOL i highly doubt that. he's setting nicely though but that dont mean shit. mo' money mo' problems.
              If this guy's not a millionaire it's because he doesn't know how to manage his money. Also, he's not hip-hop. Andre 3000 is hip-hop. Goodie Mob is hip-hop. Young Jeezy is rap's equivalent of an action movie, and that's what makes his shit so fun. Him getting socially-conscious is like Schwarzenegger doing drama.
              Young, white, and educated. And poor.

Originally posted by BrianPeppers
              And by the way, I got 90%+ in all my PSAT categories. You?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                If this guy's not a millionaire it's because he doesn't know how to manage his money. Also, he's not hip-hop. Andre 3000 is hip-hop. Goodie Mob is hip-hop. Young Jeezy is rap's equivalent of an action movie, and that's what makes his shit so fun. Him getting socially-conscious is like Schwarzenegger doing drama.
                he's got two albums out only one of them did really well, on a major label he's not getting that much per an album, and his clothing line is not doing that sucessful they've already re-launching it again. other than that he's got nothing else going on he may have had a million at one point but you got bills an family an luxury shit you want. as far as the schwarzenegger line thats a good statement but i dont see why rappers cant be socially-conscious and be on that gutter shit at the same time. isnt that what rap an hip hop has always been about? not the glamorization of shit but the struggle?
                you don't know the technique so don't tell lies, i'll shoot your mom in the back an fuck the bullet wound until she dies

Comment

Why CAN Nas be talking about poppy shit on older albums and talk about political stuff on later albums? Just an example..that's nonsense IMO.
                  And maybe Jeezy doesn't wanna rap about drugs anymore after saying ... "And i hope god forgives me for every drug i sold" ...something along those lines.
                  Why would he still wanna rap about drugs? I heard Crazy world from his new cd yesterday and i have to say lyrically it's quite good, so i don't mind it if the whole album is more like that.
                  Besides, you got rappers like Young Buck who keep rapping about selling drugs, but of course they don't do that anymore, but he also raps about harsh times in life in songs like Slow ya roll and the recent What did ya'll do.
                  "Sometimes, it's only madness that makes us who we are. And who we will be"

Comment

Originally posted by Chacrateazey View Post
                    he's got two albums out only one of them did really well, on a major label he's not getting that much per an album, and his clothing line is not doing that sucessful they've already re-launching it again. other than that he's got nothing else going on he may have had a million at one point but you got bills an family an luxury shit you want. as far as the schwarzenegger line thats a good statement but i dont see why rappers cant be socially-conscious and be on that gutter shit at the same time. isnt that what rap an hip hop has always been about? not the glamorization of shit but the struggle?
                    Both albums did well. First sold around 1,3 mill, second album sold around 1,2 mill ..
                    If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

Well, looks like Jeezy got a new fan...lol. I listened to his previous two albums and i'm liking it alot. Not many songs i dislike, production on most songs is great.I've noticed that lately i'm listening alot to southern rappers....i've been listening to Young Buck for a long while now...and Chamillionaire as well, but also Bloodraw recently, and now Jeezy. I think i might check out some T.I. as well....i just never really bothered to check out any of their stuff, but seems like i'm missing out on some nice music fo sho.

Comment

Download the USDA (Jeezy, Bloodraw, Slick Pulla) album 'Cold Summer' ^

Comment

Originally posted by Mano View Post
                          Download the USDA (Jeezy, Bloodraw, Slick Pulla) album 'Cold Summer' ^

Definitely, that should be nice. Let's see if i can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by ml2niceguy View Post
                            capitalizing off the recession? thats not what he's trying to do lol
                            Originally posted by CWCooper810
                            I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

jezzy is a good rapper not a economist

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by uipfdvhjkss, Today, 01:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post uipfdvhjkss