X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dotcj2
    replied
    Originally posted by Chacrateazey View Post
    thats fuckin ignorant. this is where hip hop was once at an now he's taking it back to the issues involved in common peoples lives. ppl bitch about rap not being real then when it turns real your mad cuz he isnt spitting about livin lavish? you think this fools a millionaire? LOL i highly doubt that. he's setting nicely though but that dont mean shit. mo' money mo' problems.

Leave a comment:

• Pyromaniac6687
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    ^ I doubt he knows what a recession is. And Nas was NEVER poppy. He may have had a few hits, but that motherfucker has always been on some afro-centric shit.
    Plain and simple, Jeezy needs to keep making that shit you want to bump in your car. Period.
    I didn't say NaS was poppy, so Im assuming u were talking to someone else, but bacc 2 Jeezy. But NaS has always been a rapper who speaks on issues ever since he came out. First it was hood issues, then he moved up to speaking on nation wide social issues and government issues.

I haven't heard Jeezy's album yet, so who knows what he's talking about. He does have bangers that u wanna bump in ur trucc...hmm..."Put On" is a super banger. But I respect any rapper who wants to talk about something real instead of how much money they got, cars, hoes, houses, or how much dope they've sold, or how gangsta they are etc. As long as they are educated enough to speak on the subject with relevance why the fucc not?!

Jeezy is a clever guy who comes w/ clever rhymes, and he's in the community a lot, so I'll listen 2 what he has to say. Luda wasn't always speaking on political issues, but he has a couple songs about the president, and has transformed a little bit to not be a one dimensional rapper.

All rappers wanna be like 2Pac, who spoke on EVERYTHING...so these guys are kinda following his lead and understanding that there's more to music than just selling ringtones. I respect any artist trying to make a change for the better as long as they know what they're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• WPG
    replied
    Whats up homie

Leave a comment:

• The Remix103
    replied
    jeezy's probably the only non-lyricist from the south i constantly check for...he's fuckin dope

WPG204 whatup!

west end booooy

Leave a comment:

• WPG
    replied
    Squidge I assume Ill be #1 on your 3K shoutout

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    jeezy on thet REAL talk fool

Leave a comment:

• WPG
    replied
    ^Jay-Z in Blueprint 2

Im not a Jeezy fan at all, but The Recession is a dope ass album title, and theres absolutely nothing wrong with using it. He's reflecting real stuff.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    ^ I doubt he knows what a recession is. And Nas was NEVER poppy. He may have had a few hits, but that motherfucker has always been on some afro-centric shit.
    Plain and simple, Jeezy needs to keep making that shit you want to bump in your car. Period.
    Im a huge fan, but rofl @ saying he was never poppy. Do you remember 1999?

And I hate when people put rappers in a box. Would I expect Jeezy to be on some political shit? No. But that doesnt mean he shouldnt do it. He's trying to do something important, and I applaud him for it. Like I said, Im not a fan at all, but I may give this a listen cause it seems like hes got a pretty good head on his shoulders right now and hes trying to do something important.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
    Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
    Damn who said that again?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
    Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pyromaniac6687
    replied
    i think it's good that he's acknowledging it, and trying to relate with the people. Like Ya Boy's song "Recession" me & my *****s were laughing when we heard it because it's like "it's true" lol. Like when he was like "I went from iPhones to the burnout" or pretty much all his lines it relates to people goin thru the struggle.

That's why I like Devin the Dude so much too...even b4 the recession like a year and a half ago he had that song "Almighty Dollar" talking about how prices are goin up everywhere and u can't buy what u used 2 be able to buy. I really respected that a lot because he's a true artist. Most of these guys are talking about all the money they have and what they have, not relating at all to their audience. At least these guys can relate to their audience, and even if they aren't doing as bad as regular people, at least they're making a song about it because if they didn't get lucky by becoming famous rappers, they'd be in the same boat as everybody else and still have people close to them in the same boat.

Rappers are supposed to be (the ones who claim they're from the hood anyway) representatives of the hood, and minorities. So, anyone speaking on these issues gets respect from me. These guys claim to hold down their hood and respresent their hood, so if they stand up to their government, they're doing the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• digitalnima
    replied
    jezzy is a good rapper not a economist

Leave a comment:

• red rum
    replied
    Originally posted by ml2niceguy View Post
    capitalizing off the recession? thats not what he's trying to do lol

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by Mano View Post
    Download the USDA (Jeezy, Bloodraw, Slick Pulla) album 'Cold Summer' ^

Definitely, that should be nice. Let's see if i can find it.

Leave a comment:

• Mano
    replied
    Download the USDA (Jeezy, Bloodraw, Slick Pulla) album 'Cold Summer' ^

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Jared30, Yesterday, 06:58 AM
1 response