Important question, and hopefully good discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important question, and hopefully good discussion

Alright I don't mean to talk about the beef 'cause it seems like everyone is.

I am not picking a side for a few reasons. I don't think Ja is anywhere Eminems level lyrically, but I also don't think Eminem is winning.....by choice. Ja Rule comes out all hard just screaming nothing that hasn't been said already...so there is no way you can say he is winning....Eminem is just throwing warning shots "we'd all much rather get along then fight you/me and Hailie dance to your songs we like you!/and you dont really wanna step inside no mic booth/come on now you know the white boy'll bite you".....I think if eminem really gave two shits about Ja rule he would have served him all ready..I think he is just standing by and attempting to let 50 handle a beef that is his....and letting D12 throw some shots at Ja, kinda like Tupac did with the Outlawz and Mobb Deep.

You don't have to be a dick rider to understand that in a lyrical battle Eminem would serve just about anyone on the planet....Thats almost a direct quote from Royce.

My question is why isn't he doing it?....thats the best that I could think of. It isn't like he's losing lyrical capability, I thought his verse on "We All Die Someday" was pretty amazing...but I really don't think he gives a shit.

Oh and as far as Nas and Em beefing....that'll never happen.
    Last edited by PhRaOvDoIcGY; 04-18-2003, 11:37 PM.
    "I mention, nuthin but the real shit presentin/the hollow tip 4-41st side convention"- Havoc

"Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin/Cause in my physical, I can express through song/Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong/I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell/From the spliff that I lift and inhale"- Nas

Why isn't EM serving Ja? Coz Ja's a bitch and everyone knows it. When Ja first came out everybody I'm assuming even you thought he sounded like X, then when he started beefing with X he lost respect with the true Hip-Hop heads if he ever had it I can't remember. Ja's hopeless even when DMX made that diss track, the beat sucked so much that I didn't finish listening to it but I still have all the respect for X and no respect for Ja, I honestly can't listen to his songs anymore, though I heard loose change where two lines were directed at Em, two at Dre, a warning for busta, one line for Hailley, it's a shame he even has a record deal.
    Who woulda known that jesus would come to the ghetto
    On that level,
    And that thorough, like a black hero
    And pack metal, so rap rebels will back pedal
    The rap pharoahe,
    Of five boroughs
    Rakim

Comment

Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

Originally posted by PhRaOvDoIcGY

I am not picking a side for a few reasons. I don't think Ja is anywhere Eminems level lyrically, but I also don't think Eminem is winning.....by choice. Ja Rule comes out all hard just screaming nothing that hasn't been said already...so there is no way you can say he is winning....Eminem is just throwing warning shots "we'd all much rather get along then fight you/me and Hailie dance to your songs we like you!/and you dont really wanna step inside no mic booth/come on now you know the white boy'll bite you".....I think if eminem really gave two shits about Ja rule he would have served him all ready..I think he is just standing by and attempting to let 50 handle a beef that is his....and letting D12 throw some shots at Ja, kinda like Tupac did with the Outlawz and Mobb Deep.

You don't have to be a dick rider to understand that in a lyrical battle Eminem would serve just about anyone on the planet....Thats almost a direct quote from Royce.

My question is why isn't he doing it?....thats the best that I could think of. It isn't like he's losing lyrical capability, I thought his verse on "We All Die Someday" was pretty amazing...but I really don't think he gives a shit.

Good post homie, Nope not by any stretch of the imagination is em winning so far. Even though thats a direct quote from Royce I do think that royce himself can hang with em after hearing that lyrical mansluaghter he did to proof and his boys. So could Beans sigel and Jada and we know JAy and Nas would take it to em. So peeps need to stop believeing that em is invincible in battles, shit he didnt even win rap olympics. He would have lost on 8 mile dvd feature to that 1st guy that got to battle him when em was saving his voice.

Oh and as far as Nas and Em beefing....that'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MKay
        Why isn't EM serving Ja? Coz Ja's a bitch and everyone knows it. When Ja first came out everybody I'm assuming even you thought he sounded like X, then when he started beefing with X he lost respect with the true Hip-Hop heads if he ever had it I can't remember. Ja's hopeless even when DMX made that diss track, the beat sucked so much that I didn't finish listening to it but I still have all the respect for X and no respect for Ja, I honestly can't listen to his songs anymore, though I heard loose change where two lines were directed at Em, two at Dre, a warning for busta, one line for Hailley, it's a shame he even has a record deal.

Do you think it's that smartest thing for him to do, to stand back?
        "I mention, nuthin but the real shit presentin/the hollow tip 4-41st side convention"- Havoc

"Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin/Cause in my physical, I can express through song/Delete stress like Motrin, then extend strong/I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell/From the spliff that I lift and inhale"- Nas

Comment

Re: Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

Originally posted by d3murf
          Good post homie, Nope not by any stretch of the imagination is em winning so far. Even though thats a direct quote from Royce I do think that royce himself can hang with em after hearing that lyrical mansluaghter he did to proof and his boys. So could Beans sigel and Jada and we know JAy and Nas would take it to em. So peeps need to stop believeing that em is invincible in battles, shit he didnt even win rap olympics. He would have lost on 8 mile dvd feature to that 1st guy that got to battle him when em was saving his voice.

My point is that I think that Em could be winning if he gave a shit. As far as those rappers you mention that could bring it to Em, I hate them all except for Nas and Royce.

What'd you think of his verse on "We all Die Someday?"

Comment

Do you think it's that smartest thing for him to do, to stand back?
            Against Ja, yeah. Swifty or Kuniva can handle him.
            Who woulda known that jesus would come to the ghetto
            On that level,
            And that thorough, like a black hero
            And pack metal, so rap rebels will back pedal
            The rap pharoahe,
            Of five boroughs
            Rakim

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

My point is that I think that Em could be winning if he gave a shit. As far as those rappers you mention that could bring it to Em, I hate them all except for Nas and Royce.

What'd you think of his verse on "We all Die Someday?"
              See thats whats wrong with battles today--peeps automatically take sides just bc they like the rapper. Look at the battle not the artist. As for we all die--it was pretty good man, Im just expecting more from em he aint doing it. On a side note, Royce surprised the hell out of me with his diss song hes got all the makings to be an excellent battle rapper. He should just skip over proof and take it straight to em! Not to say proof cant handle Royce it would be a good battle too. Oh yeah i forgot about canibus he would match em in every kind of way in a battle an we all know this.

Murf
              Last edited by d3murf; 04-19-2003, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MKay
                Against Ja, yeah. Swifty or Kuniva can handle him.

I pretty much think the same way, minus Kuniva.....although he can take Ja Rule, that's no reason to get excited or anything.

Comment

So which one is it X, Luther, Pac, or Michael? Just keep singing the same songs recycled. lmao thats all em ever needed to say hahaha.

Anyway, Em didn't even drop a verse on Doe Ray Me...because this ISN'T Em vs. Ja. All Ja even said about em is that he won't ever have waves and that he wears dresses. And then he said something about his daughter..cuz he doesnt have anything to say about em besides calling him 'feminem' as if we havent heard that a million times. Feminem, Gay Dre, and Loose Change....o man Ja Rule is really breaking their hearts with these nicknames.

Comment

Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

I am not picking a side for a few reasons. I don't think Ja is anywhere Eminems level lyrically, but I also don't think Eminem is winning.....by choice. Ja Rule comes out all hard just screaming nothing that hasn't been said already...so there is no way you can say he is winning....Eminem is just throwing warning shots "we'd all much rather get along then fight you/me and Hailie dance to your songs we like you!/and you dont really wanna step inside no mic booth/come on now you know the white boy'll bite you".....I think if eminem really gave two shits about Ja rule he would have served him all ready..

its called "juicing it". its good publicity for his label........if you notice he had d12, obie and g unit do most of the yapping on the mixtape........stretch it out, juice it, milk it, whatever you want to call it but it keeps you guys listening waiting and anticipating.
                    My lyrics are blueprints to money makin' - Tupac

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

As for we all die--it was pretty good man, Im just expecting more from em he aint doing it.

Murf

To me, it's only mix tape shit, and he's so fucking creative. He never sounds the same on any two tracks, and he even seems to be fucking with the Shady side again...which can only be good...I mean what was a flaw of that verse...?

Yeah Royce does have all the makings, and yes Cannibus could take it to just about anyone in a battle.

Comment

Re: Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

Originally posted by four dub
                        its called "juicing it". its good publicity for his label........if you notice he had d12, obie and g unit do most of the yapping on the mixtape........stretch it out, juice it, milk it, whatever you want to call it but it keeps you guys listening waiting and anticipating.

That's exactly what I was saying, which Is why I made the Pac and the Outlawz reference.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

To me, it's only mix tape shit, and he's so fucking creative. He never sounds the same on any two tracks, and he even seems to be fucking with the Shady side again...which can only be good...I mean what was a flaw of that verse...?

Yeah Royce does have all the makings, and yes Cannibus could take it to just about anyone in a battle.
                          Ems verse was just cute. Nothin special he was being too nice man. He is at his best when he gets angry like at benzino and everlast. i dont know man I think lloyd Banks came the best on that song. I dont know how to put it maybe he needs a whole song to himself like "nail n the coffin". But man that line Royce dropped about d12 gettn beat up by b2k at an award show had me rolling for like 4 hrs man, em hasnt had somethin that tight yet, u get it man?

Murf

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Important question, and hopefully good discussion

Ems verse was just cute. Nothin special he was being too nice man. He is at his best when he gets angry like at benzino and everlast. i dont know man I think lloyd Banks came the best on that song. I dont know how to put it maybe he needs a whole song to himself like "nail n the coffin". But man that line Royce dropped about d12 gettn beat up by b2k at an award show had me rolling for like 4 hrs man, em hasnt had somethin that tight yet, u get it man?

Murf
                            Yeah I get exactly what you're sayin'. I just don't think We All Die Someday was about the punch lines, but for him to test himself lyrically. When he does get a song to himself, no one can touch his punch-lines, and I hope he brings them back.

Comment

yeah his verse on we all die is sick. prolly his best verse on the mixtape. and yes, this IS only mixtape shit guys. This isn't an album, where they got a year to lay out the tracks. I mean, some of the tracks is in responce to shit released a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 07-03-2020, 05:40 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Hivesd.com  
                              Started by touhidfiver1, Today, 06:51 AM
                              0 responses