Chino XL mentions Eminem in a recent interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chino XL mentions Eminem in a recent interview

Found this posted at Canibus-Central.com .. I thought y'all might be interested since he mentions the Eminem-Benzino beef...

MC AK (Interviewer): What’s your take on the new beef between Benzino and Eminem? Basically Benzino dissed Em’ cause Eminem was a white MC who is the top selling Hip-Hop artist. Benzino claims he’s taking food off every other artists plate, and as, in his words, “a white boy gimmick” every other artist should be “against” him. What’s your take on this situation, and race in Hip-Hop?

Chino XL: I don’t know anything about what their problem is with one another, I’ve only heard about it on the tail end cause I’ve been doing movies for the past year. But the race thing I can get into. Speaking from the first person, I know I’ve had an uphill battle. I mean, the first “Source” Hip-Hop Quatables I got in 96’ for “No Complex” was new, cause before that I didn’t even see a light skinned rapper get it, better yet a Latin rapper. And being that I don’t put “Latin” out there like “I’m Latin I’m Latin I’m Latin”. I always thought that if I was dark skinned, easily digestible MC who looked like everybody else, everybody would be like “He’s a genius, he’s the greatest of all time!” So, being that I’m a little bit different, it makes it easy for people to say “He’s different, he’s suppose to be smarter, he didn’t grow up like everybody else”. I know from like listening to Eminem records I’ve heard him say because of his complexion he recognizes he sold more than he usually would. I hate that whole complexion shit, cause I had to grow up with that. It affects how you feel about yourself, and I’m sure there’s people who say my video “Kreep” was all over MTV cause I wasn’t dark skinned. The track “What Am I” from my 1st album talks about this exact subject.

heres a link to the full interview: http://www.sewersounds.com/SSChinoInterview.html
    The hip-hop renaissance is coming ...

10q
    S#!THAPPENS.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by tgedawjklhf, Today, 03:52 AM
    0 responses
    1 view