HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

01/12 - O'Brien rejects NBC's proposal to follow Leno at 12:05 a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leatha Face
    replied
    ha. smh.

Leave a comment:

• Oil Man
    replied
    ^

yea hes not funny, only thing I enjoyed of his show was the misprinted newspapers an shit also..

Without Letterman Leno was nothing, Back when Leno would make appearances on Letterman he wasnt funny it was David who made him seem a little funnier.

Leave a comment:

• Leatha Face
    replied
    what has leno ever done that was funny? the only funny thing he ever does is once a week when he has those misprints in the newspapers and shit, but even then his comments to them arent funny.

Leave a comment:

• |Eddie|
    replied
    Honestly who heres thinks Leno is funny?..This dude could live off selling his freakin car collection, he should retire..Conan ftw ..

Leave a comment:

• GreenHydra
    replied
    Originally posted by red rum View Post
    Conan simply didn't pull in the ratings that leno did. Conan is in a fucked position right now. If he leaves NBC he has no chance of being successful on network tv. Fox has never had any success in the 11 or 1130pm time slot.
    They could put Conan on at 10:00 and bump the news to 11 like they did on NBC, except this time there would be no 11:30 franchise at stake.

Leave a comment:

• SolderingCowbell
    replied
    ^Mike Epps would like to have a word with you, young man!

EDIT: Post was so obviously directed at the young man two posts above me! (I believe his name to be McWannaBe)

Leave a comment:

• RemiX
    replied
    Kimmel dressed up as Leno on his show, I normally like Kimmel but this was pretty stupid after the first minute.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/13/j...mmel-jay-leno/

Leave a comment:

• McWannaBe
    replied
    Further proof that it takes true intellect to be a comedian. Conan is that dude.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yea maybe I crossed the line with that last one. Apologies to anyone I've offended.

Leave a comment:

• Pyromaniac6687
    replied
    This article gives you an idea of the ratings. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100113/...leno_o_brien_9

Everyone's in a tough position it seems. I just hope Conan does what's best for him. If he goes to Fox, he might be able to draw more ratings because Fox might fit his demographic better, and it will be a Leno and Letterman battling for the same viewers once again.

However, it may not work out and might actually be best for Conan to go on at 12:05 with Leno as a lead-in. No question Leno is going to top the ratings, and a lot of those will go to Conan (hopefully). If Conan is going to actually get better ratings from it, why not go on a half hour later?! I know it's not a great feeling to get bumped, but hey, maybe it's the best for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    he is going to FOX

Leave a comment:

• King Fresh
    replied
    Conan is the fuckin man

Leave a comment:

• Pyromaniac6687
    replied
    It's not Jay's fault. Yeah, he's always wanted to keep that time slot, but he seemed content in the 10PM slot as well. I used to watch Jay a lot, and didn't too much like Late Night with Conan O'Brien, probably because I didn't find some of the skits funny. However, after Leno moved to 10PM and Conan took over, I like Conan a lot more. I think his monologue's are the funniest, and his interviews are funny as well. Jay's show can be more entertaining for sure, as it always has been.

However, Jay's ratings did as they expected at 10, but they didn't think about how the lower ratings compared to a crime series or whatever would impact the late news, and ultimately The Tonight Show. Jay is simply the best at drawing ratings at 11:35, whereas Conan is competing with David Letterman. I don't like what they're trying to do to Conan though, because his show is hilarious, and he deserves what he's worked hard his whole life for.

I like Jay Leno as well, but since Conan isn't down with getting bumped to 12:05, I think they should commit to Conan. Even though Jay is still a huge ratings puller, Conan is going to be there for at least 10 years. I think he deserves the chance to let his audience grow, and he's right. Without a drama at 10PM, it's impossible to draw ratings comparable to what Leno had.

I don't want to see Leno canned either, but I think it's unfair to Conan. Anyone know how much Conan makes a year with his current contract? They said Jay can make up to $30 million/year depending on his ratings, even though he only made $20 million/year with The Tonight Show. They're in a real predicament. I'm sure Jay didn't want to cut his show to half an hour, but he was down to try it. Hopefully they can work something out. I think it might be the right thing for Jay to do to step down if Conan won't agree to going on at 12:05. But then again, NBC really wants Jay to go on at 11:35, because he's a huge ratings puller, and I'm sure in his heart he doesn't want to fuck over NBC either.

NBC is in a pretty big predicament. Yesterday on Conan's show though, he said he would continue to do the show as best he can "while stealing as many office supplies as possible" but I guess he changed his mind. I would do the same thing. NBC definitely shouldn't let Conan go, he's too good and is young.

Leave a comment:

• JMart
    replied
    80 fucking million dollars what the fuckkkkkkkkkk

Leave a comment:

• Tone Riggz
    replied
    Conan is my cracka, fuck NBC...

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS