• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's Mom Gravely Ill

EMINEM'S MOM GRAVELY ILL
    February 19, 2004 Provided by:
    Eminem's mom ill

The dysfunction within the family of rap star Eminem seems to go deep -- way deep.

Five years into his estrangement with his mother Debbie Mathers, Eminem remains so resentful of her that his only response to her recent carjacking was to call her a "bitch," a family member tells Star.

Late on the night of Thursday, Jan. 22, Mathers, 49, was visiting a gas station on Detroit's dangerous Eight Mile Road when she was carjacked at gunpoint. (A 16-year-old Detroit boy was apprehended and charged shortly after the incident.) Her purse -- which was in the car and has yet to be recovered -- contained "a manuscript of a book she was writing about Marshall and baby pictures of him," says the source.
    WILL EM FORGIVE HER?

This ordeal was yet another stroke of bad luck for Debbie, following her diagnosis with breast cancer a few years ago, says the source. And although she avoided injury during the crime, the source says that Debbie was subjected to a fusillade of angry words from her son.

"Look b****, of all the places for this to go down, Eight Mile Road, where my movie [2002's 8 Mile] was filmed!" Eminem allegedly yelled over the phone after learning of his mother's latest misfortune, the source says. "Couldn't you pick another place for it to happen?"

For years, war has been raging between the 31- year-old hip-hop mogul and his mother. In 1999, Debbie filed an $11-million slander lawsuit over some disturbing and potentially defamatory lyrics (he fantasized about killing her and called her a pillpopper) on his debut album, The Slim Shady LP.

In response, Eminem cut Debbie off both financially and emotionally, the source says.

To make matters worse, Debbie recently lost her Michigan home to foreclosure, and has since been living with a friend in a bad area of Detroit, according to the family member. Now, this vicious reaction from her son is almost too much for Debbie to bear, says the family member.

Eminem may not have much time left to mend fences. According to Debbie's brother Todd Nelson, she isn't getting treated for breast cancer, which she has been secretly fighting for two or three years. "It only became known to family members in the last six months," Nelson tells Star. Another family member thinks the disease is causing Debbie to waste away to what seems like a skeletal figure. "Debbie isn't receiving any treatment for her cancer, partly because she can't afford it, and partly because she's in denial," says the source. "At this point, she doesn't care about her health: She continues to smoke, and most of the time, she's too weak from grieving over the eldest son she's lost to get out of bed. But maybe if Marshall showed her some love and compassion, she'd have a reason to live."

The source adds that friends and family are stunned at Eminem's alleged insensitivity and indifference toward his mom: "None of this seems to be a wake-up call to Marshall to extend an olive branch. He just doesn't seem to have it in his heart to forgive her for whatever past mistakes she made, and help her out -- especially now, when she needs him the most."

-- BOB HARTLEIN

I can only speak from my p.o.v. but I think Em needs to mend his beef with his moms. She's his blood and for whatever reason even saying "I wish it was you who was dead instead" you gots to let that shit go.

I can't speak for Em and I won't, I can't say I feel his pain from his moms when he was younger but he has to let that shit go. You mom is your mom and you have to help her out in times of need, which she obviously is right now.

It'll be bad if Em's mom dies and he had an opportunity to prevent that, shit is irresponsible on Eminems part, but that's just me. I know I would help my moms out, even though she's done some dumb shit in the past.

Comment

Who cares the bitch fucked up. Why the fuck should Em care about this when he already made it known that he wants no part of anything to with his mother. What's he gonna do? "I'm sorry mom I really love you" Oh Marshall my cancer is gone thank you!

Comment

somthin real fuked up must of hapened between them, cuz he don care
        -FREE PSP- Just sign up and complete one easy offer that costs no money. IT REALLY WORKS, trust me ive doen it b4

Comment

Sad Child. (greggmb16)

By your statement you make it seem like you hold the Holy Grail in your hands.

You should know what I mean by that, if not....

Comment

Originally posted by ST aka Dirrty
            somthin real fuked up must of hapened between them, cuz he don care
            No shit, sherlock. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Comment

well i can't speak on the nature of the relationship between eminem and his mother; that is their business...just cause eminem says that she is one way, does not mean that she is that way...a person can only make that call if they have known about eminem and his mother since eminem was a child...most of the people that know about eminem now, have only known him since he was in his late 20s; so most people aren't really in any position to say anything about their relationship...

although, if she is suffering from breast cancer, maybe he should extend his hand out...if i were in his position, no matter how much shit my mother has put me through (unless she was trying to kill me every time we met), i would pay for the treatment...

if she does have breast cancer, and she dies as a result of it, its not like eminem can go back and save her...if she dies, despite all of the problems he has had with her, he might regret it as he gets older...but by that time, it'll be too late...

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                well i can't speak on the nature of the relationship between eminem and his mother; that is their business...just cause eminem says that she is one way, does not mean that she is that way...a person can only make that call if they have known about eminem and his mother since eminem was a child...most of the people that know about eminem now, have only known him since he was in his late 20s; so most people aren't really in any position to say anything about their relationship...

although, if she is suffering from breast cancer, maybe he should extend his hand out...if i were in his position, no matter how much shit my mother has put me through (unless she was trying to kill me every time we met), i would pay for the treatment...

if she does have breast cancer, and she dies as a result of it, its not like eminem can go back and save her...if she dies, despite all of the problems he has had with her, he might regret it as he gets older...but by that time, it'll be too late...
                Exactly homie...Like I said Eminem may regret this shit in the future, he should do something about it since he has the resources to do so...Your mom is your blood, you should be able to help out if the shit ever pops off, no matter what type of shit happened in the past.

Comment

look, i have all kinds of probs with my mother, from her throwing me into institutions and grouphomes as a kidwhen she got tired of taking care of me, and refusing to get a jobher intire life just to live off welfare, and seem to not give a crap when there was no food or water in the house. she always had some stupid boyfriend that i hated and who hated me just as much, we always argued sometimes i felt like she destroyed my entire life...but for all the shit weve given each other my whole twenty years, i woudnt trade our good times for nothing.
                  youre right, you do only get one mom, and im kind of appauled at how he "supposedly " treats his own mother ( althoughi have a hard time believing that all this is true...call it a "hunch"..)
                  eihter way, this shits unhelathy, and i dont know anyone who wouldnt agree that someone who is in that situation is just stubborn and afraid to show weakness. loving your mom, or even showing some form of RESPECT for her, for that matter, is not a sign of weakness, its supposed to be human nature.
                  this shits fucked and it really disturbsme..
                  i really wish i could personally relay some type of message similar to what im typing here...because i feel like i know exactly how it feels to be stubborn towards your mom and never want to see her again EVER but secretly wish to just have peace because beefing with ANYBODY is hard work!
                  i hope one day he gets to know that making up with your moms and starting over feels really really good; its like this huge weight is gone, and you kind of feel like a kid again, when you needed your mommy's love the most.

im glad i got a chance to be on good terms with my mom; wouldnt it feel horrible to not have that chance?
                  please delete my old profile (this 1)now that i have found the pass which is spongebmorebob27 or sunshine one of the two thanks

Comment

That's good Kivorkian that you made mends with your moms, shit beefing like that isn't good for nobody.

And I think that's also true about Em not wanting to show 'weakness' to the public, though behind the scenes he shouldn't be like that. But that's for him to decide, he just better not hope it's too late for him to forgive his mom and vice-versa.

Comment

I think that's fake as fuck. Star magzine is a gay ass magazine
                      Last edited by BlackSlimShady; 02-22-2004, 05:40 PM.
                      Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

thats what i was thinkin too. who knows for sure though if its true and what happened between them in the past. if its true em should pay for the treatment but if shes in denial about it then she wont go through with it anyway. who knows it could even be somethin shes doin to try to get back in his good graces cuz she lost a job. if someone in my family had breast cancer they wouldnt hide it for 2 years.
                        i got the white boys mad at me/
                        cuz em just signed another black boy like he ***** happy/
                        caucasians marshall knows talent/
                        obie trice a riot thats why he hired

Comment

Originally posted by greggmb16
                          "I'm sorry mom I really love you" Oh Marshall my cancer is gone thank you!
                          AH AH AH AH
                          I'm sure Em's mother is still here the next 10 years.
                          Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

werd
                            hes most hated most def, but hes most def one of the most def wit exception of Mos Def, correction hes most def one of the most with depth, but most slept, cause he prolly went over most heads"

Comment

thanxs for news
                              aka Fifty0550

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Smilert, 12-23-2020, 06:03 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes