HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The beef wit nas is the reason jay is retiring. check this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beef wit nas is the reason jay is retiring. check this.

I saw this on another site and i agree 100% with it.

'If it hadn't been for that beef, and if Nas hadn't dropped the Ether napalm bomb, and if Hot97 listeners hadn't voted like they did, Jay-z wouldn't be retired now.

He wouldn't have grown doubtful over his own legacy as he so obviously has done over his past two releases (basically screaming out to be considered the goat by everyone and insisting that he's the best rapper alive....), he wouldn't have decided that the only way he was going to get the recognition he thinks he deserves is by dying or retiring......

Either way, it ALL goes back to the Nas beef.

It's a valid point.'

Think about it Jay brought Nas back to life with this beef, Nas' last two albums were below average but with Jay calling him out he returned with Stillmatic and is now nearly on top of his game. Since 'Ether' Jay's 2 albums have been possibly his worst 2, it may not be the best diss record but to me 'Ether' and Jay's attitude in the battle is responsible for his downfall.
    I know this must be awkward for yo dumass, but im ur real daddy. foreal! Yo moms and me got drunk onw night, and after 9 months u suddenly fell out of her.

your an fucking idiot. He dropped 2 albums since then. He's retiring cause he's getting old he's rapped about pretty much everything and he wants to relax and make money other ways like clothing and shit.

Comment

I don't know about all that but I will say that if Nas had the type of production Jay had, it would be hard not to have him mentioned in everybody's top three. Jay's production is what really kept my interest. Jay's reasonable doubt and blueprint were classic. every other album was either wack or good. Nas is the only emcee I can listen to over wack beats because he has had so many and some of his best work are done over those beats. Jay knew, and I would say all heads knew too, he couldn't fuk wit Nas. Nas is a living legend in hip hop. Jay is the biggest clone in hip hop. He's one of the main reasons kids today judge hip hop greatness by how many records sold or where you rank on the billboards. A lot of rappers try to sound like Jay to sell records not because they think he's the shit. my opinion.For me, Jay isn't even top 10 when u have rakim, pac, big, pun, nas, jada, eminem, krs-1, and i can go on and on. all those emcees can beat jay lyrically. I'm sure I'll get some heat about that, but hey...that's
      "cuz if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
      it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck"
      -Immortal Technique

Comment

i think nas has had some of the best beats to rap over ever... and if u think krs-1 can beat jay-z in a battle, u are all so mistaken...

R u serious sayin that Jay-Z wuz a clone in hip hop? Why dont u just give him his props, he wuz one of the best rappers ever... One of the best flows ever as well..

How in the hell can you say "noo way jay could fuck wit nas", have you ever heard Takeover? That shit destroyed Nas with Facts, in a fan's perspective.. But thats a whole nother topic, u also sed "other than reasonable doubt and blueprint, which were classics, his other albums were either wack or good"... Wack or Good?? HAHAH! of course theyre either gonna be wack or good, if u sed wack u woulda made more sense with your opinion... I mean if theyre neither wack or good, i guess u expect him 2 drop a classic every time out (something Nas has done everytime *note the sarcasm*)

u listed rappers u felt r better than jay-z when 3 of them arent even alive anymore.. right now Jay-Z even tho he has feell off, He can still prove 2 doubters that he's one of the best Rappers ever...

KRS beat Jigga? Never... u ppl r livin in the past, yes Krs 1 Did great things 4 Hip Hop but if u listened 2 sum of his shit now, despite the good messages, the flow is pretty bad... Jay-Z aint MC Shan, he'll rip that *****...

8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

He is retiring cuz there are so many other things to do. His recent acquisition of New Jersey Nets show that Jay-Z is just into other things right now. Unless you havent noticed his public announcement of reitiring hasnt stopped him from collaborating with many artists (Kanye,Bleek,etc) on new tracks that come out right now.
          "And when my pen runs out of ink, I think im going to have start djayin".

Comment

I'm not hating on Jay, I'm being real about what he is. Whatever gimmick is hot for the year, Jay is on it. Like I said, imo, Jay isn't even top 10. Jay made hip hop into the mainstream monster it is but at what cost to the culture. Don't get me wrong, I like Jay but was he ever considered the second coming of anything or even the first. Jay has amazing flow but who couldn't flow over the type of production Jay has had. Nas, B.I.G., Rakim and KRS-ONE is where flow and crazy lyricism derives. Jay hasn't revolutionized anything except teaching today's hip hop fans that greatness is based on units sold...what shallow criteria. What I mean by that is what style did Jay create on his own? All the other great emcees did, and like Nas told him "I gave you a style for you to run with", and that's true. Jay doesn't give other artists time to eat off of their own gimmicks before the leaching begins and then it becomes his gimmick. he is the best clone in the business. Jay is the only business man in hip hop ever and who just so happened to be an emcee. Think of it as Russell Simmons being able rap and hold his own. He has only sold more records than the great ones, he's not better than any of them.

In conclusion: Jay-Z actually believes that money and record sales determine that he is a better emcee than Nas. His obsession with the least important aspects of hip hop is why I dont respect him.
            Last edited by 255Crew; 02-23-2004, 04:39 PM.
            -Immortal Technique

Comment

I can't stop listening to "Trying to Find a Balance". I wish Atmosphere had better production because Slug is fucking money. SOMEBODY GIVE ME A BIG YES!

Fuck Jay Z. The White Album, which was remixed by some no name jig, was much better than the Black Album.
              Originally posted by Mycall
              You're in "college".

And have no lack of maturity.
              Originally posted by RSolo101
              btw u just jelous u cant grow facial hair? lol i could grow a full beard if i really wanted to jsut to let u kno aight

Comment

-jayz isnt going anywhere... so all that nas shit is simply stupid...

"Every fourth quarter, I like to Mike Jordan em
                Number one albums what I got?, like four of em
                More of them on the way, the 8th wonder on the way
                Clear the way, I'm here to stay
                Y'all can save the chitter chat, this and that
                This is Jay, dissin Jay will get you Mase'd
                When I start spittin them lyrics... ni99az get very religious
                Six hail mary's please father forgive us
                Young, the archbishop, the Pope John Paul of y'all ni99az
                They way y'all all follow Jigga
                Hov's a livin legend and I'll tell you why
                Everybody wanna be Hov and Hov's still alive" - jayz - from never let me down...

-Jose123.. u just started listening to hip hop... make comments when u know what ur talking about and can back it up with something...until then... just post ur "gimme lyrics" thread because u cant understand what ppl are spittin...

-255Crew...u talk about production yet reasonable doubt did not have sick production... that was all lyricism... and claiming nas to be hip hop and jayz a clone in hip hop is complete bogus... Jay has the potentional to shit on any of those rappers u just listed... nas was one of his victims who were lyrically raped...
                The award comes from man, but the reward comes from God.
                -- Denzel Washington

Comment

:|
                  Swifty Productions
                  Swifty Productions Soundclick
                  Krumbz World
                  La Resistance
                  Snipe

Comment

I'm not hating on Jay, I'm being real about what he is. Whatever gimmick is hot for the year, Jay is on it. Like I said, imo, Jay isn't even top 10. Jay made hip hop into the mainstream monster it is but at what cost to the culture. Don't get me wrong, I like Jay but was he ever considered the second coming of anything or even the first. Jay has amazing flow but who couldn't flow over the type of production Jay has had. Nas, B.I.G., Rakim and KRS-ONE is where flow and crazy lyricism derives. Jay hasn't revolutionized anything except teaching today's hip hop fans that greatness is based on units sold...what shallow criteria. What I mean by that is what style did Jay create on his own? All the other great emcees did, and like Nas told him "I gave you a style for you to run with", and that's true. Jay doesn't give other artists time to eat off of their own gimmicks before the leaching begins and then it becomes his gimmick. he is the best clone in the business. Jay is the only business man in hip hop ever and who just so happened to be an emcee. Think of it as Russell Simmons being able rap and hold his own. He has only sold more records than the great ones, he's not better than any of them.

In conclusion: Jay-Z actually believes that money and record sales determine that he is a better emcee than Nas. His obsession with the least important aspects of hip hop is why I dont respect him.
                    ....i think im going to quote myself on this one. reasonable doubt is jay's illmatic. after that, look what happened to him. nas had only one album that was wack: nastradamus. now lets look at all the jay-z wack albums:
                    1......in my lifetime
                    2.Blueprint 2
                    3. life and times of shawn carter vol.3
                    4.Blueprint 2.5
                    nas could have said the same thing about jay about how he fell out after his first album. nas can never top illmatic, and jay could never top RD. I say, lets look at both of them without there 1st album. which one is lyrically better?........................................... ...........Nas
                    -Immortal Technique

Comment

0o
                      aka Fifty0550

Comment

Jay has the potentional to shit on any of those rappers u just listed
                        lets analyze that quote:
                        vs jada- fuck no!!!
                        vs rakim- u've gotta be kidding
                        vs krs-1- now? might be close. idk
                        vs eminem- u've listened to renegade, right?
                        vs pac, big, pun- i'll let the world decide
                        vs nas- proof.......ether

these are just some artists. its a long list. the only one im salty about is krs-1, NOW.
                        -Immortal Technique

Comment

Sum of y'all *****s is living in the past.

Comment

255Crew:

lets analyze that quote:
                            vs jada, rakim- its a toss up
                            vs krs-1- is too hyped... nelly even murdered him...
                            vs eminem- yes ive listened to renegade... so?
                            vs pac, big, pun- pac is nowhere close to the greatest lyricist of all time ... jay was able to match biggie on all of the collabos... pun is nasty but jay is more versatile than him...
                            vs nas- even jayz's supa ugly shits on ether... he just bitch slaps nas jokingly with every bar... doesnt even take him seriously...

-and as far jayz's albums being wack... i think u should seriously listen to his lyrics and his flow before u judge on them....cause ppl who say that dont respect true lyricism...

"and to the rest of ya'll cats takin shots at jigga...
                            you only get half a bar... fuck ya'll ni99as..." -jayz

-i dont really care if u dont like jayz... but to not recognize him as one of the greats of hip hop is simply irrational...
                            -- Denzel Washington

Comment

Originally posted by MCG
                              Sum of y'all *****s is living in the past.
                              -thats what im sayin...
                              -- Denzel Washington

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrankCobalt, Today, 10:58 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrankCobalt