Pharoahe Monch on Shady/Aftermath?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharoahe Monch on Shady/Aftermath?!?!

About a week ago, I got an email from a news mailing list that I subscribe to, with a story in the rumours section that Pharaohe had signed to Shady/Aftermath, and that they were waiting for the right time to announce it. I didn't post anything coz I had no idea about the accuracy of the news (though this mailing list does occasionally have a nugget of news a few days before every one else).

Then I picked this up on www.mightypharoahe.com:

"Pharoahe, Eminem and 50 Cent?

I've heard from many reputable sources that recently Pharoahe Monch has gone to California to record a "single" with Eminem and 50 Cent - along with this, I also heard that Dre and Eminem flew out to meet Pharoahe as they urgently wanted to sign him to Aftermath after they heard his contract with Rawkus had ended. Is Aftermath trying to take over the rap game entirely? After all, these could be rumours, we'll keep you posted as soon as we recieve more information."

The update was careful to point out they were only rumours, but this is enough for me to officially get excited about. Pharoahe is the illest in the game right now. His album's been delayed forever, and now there's the possibility of a Dre-produced one!
    Last edited by Drex; 02-28-2004, 08:16 AM.
    If your life is easy, you're doing something wrong.

that doesn't sound like good news...if he does sign i hope dre doesn't try to change him like rakim...and if he did sign, i would hope he didn't get too many dre tracks...dre's tracks are good, but don't work with every single person...

Comment

Pharoahe is definitely one of my favortie rappers. I was pissed when I heard Rawkus had shut down, primarily because it meant more delays with Monch's album. Hopefully he signs somewhere and puts that shit out soon.

There have been way too many rumors about people signing to Shady/Aftermath recently, though. I think 98% of rappers will soon be on Shady/Aftermath if all the rumors are true.
      Oh its true, its true

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
        that doesn't sound like good news...if he does sign i hope dre doesn't try to change him like rakim...and if he did sign, i would hope he didn't get too many dre tracks...dre's tracks are good, but don't work with every single person...
        I'm hoping that Dre doesnt try and change Pharoahe as well...I'm not sure what goes on at Aftermath, because there isn't really a whole lot of productivity in terms of albums, and when Rakim left, it was difficult to find a coherent reason behind him leaving.

As for Pharoahe on Dre tracks...I'm not too concerned about a suitability problem because Pharoahe, being in the game for as long as he has been, knows what he's doing in a studio. For me, he's yet to release weak material, either lyrically or beat-wise. Both of those things tell me he knows what sounds good.

It'll do great things for his profile (even if this turns out to be untrue)...it's mind-boggling how slept-on Pharoahe Monch is.
        If your life is easy, you're doing something wrong.

Comment

I know the person who owns mightypharoahe.com and he talks to Pharoahe Monch's producers and Prince Poetry's people too, and he has heard the news from them. Sounds like it could go down.

(Drex - check PM's)
          Last edited by Wickid; 02-28-2004, 07:58 AM.

Comment

this would be good

Comment

I think Pharoahe Monch is definitely one of the tightest, deepest lyricists out there right now. HOWEVER, i think he would be better suited on a label that isn't under the control of Jimmy Iovine. He fucked every hip-hop fan over by telling Rakim to record more songs with "marketable choruses," which in turn led to Rakim leaving. I can't even imagine how bad he would scrutinize Pharoahe Monch's album.
              However, if Shady/Aftermath DOES (and this is a big DOES) get Pharoahe, his new album would definitely be a breakout hit, depending on what year Dre would release it!! Haha

Comment

Pharoah does not belong on Shady/Aftermath. It sounds odd but the typical beats that Dre and Em put out would not suit his style at all. The whole image and shit of the label just doesn;t really fir to his style. It's such shit that awkus is done for, they put out so much hot shit frequently, not like Shady Aftermath.

Comment

Pharoahe = 1 Of the most under-rated rappers in the game.

Comment

I don't really like Pharoahe Monch really....
                    R.I.P. PROOF
                    I Don't know what to think anymore.
                    You were the most influential, inspiring person in my life, you wEre my idol hommie....

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz

Uhhh wrong? Dre didn't try and change rakim. Dre wanted rakim to be like he always was and pull out the big guns. Rakim DIDN'T want that.
                      DEATH to you playa hataz...DON'T let me find ya

If u gon hate me then ima hate you too

Money is power mutha fuckah

Comment

thanxs for nfo
                        aka Fifty0550

Comment

Damn that would be sick if it happened. I was looking forward to his album the most in 2004 and then of course Rawkus had to shut down so the album couldn't be released. Of course there are rumors of everyone being signed to Shady/Aftermath so it doesn't really give to much hope to truth. But even if he wasn't it would be amazing just to have an Em and Pharoah track.
                          Posterpedic Mattresses

Comment

good news...hell get some exposure cause internal affairs was a hot album...but i dont want to hear pharoe monch rapping about "my band"...i mean aftermath/shady are versatile, but it ultimatley comes down to Jimmy...if Rakim left what do you think Monch is gonna do? there the same kind of respectable MC's
                            STC-2006

new tracks added

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=177432

Comment

hope it's true...haven't heard anything from pharoah in a minute though

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrankCobalt, Today, 04:13 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Doro
                              by Doro

Started by FrankCobalt, Today, 03:56 PM