about "my band"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about "my band"...

i'mma go to sleep now hopin that this shit was just some dream or i didn't hear it right cuz i'm madd sleepy....it's simply impossible for this song to be this wack...good night.

I hope u never wake up....
    Palabra a tu madre

Comment

Rest in Peace imranx82
      HEADSHOTS; NIGGA FUCK YO VEST

www.***********.info

Comment

Originally posted by salmansaleem
        I hope u never wake up....
        lol...word...
        One Be Lo / Discography
        Proof Discography
        Bugz
        VISHISS

Comment

No...just rest. You don't deserve the peace.

Comment

^^couldnt have said it better myself
            Not Your Normal "Guns, Money, Bitches" Rap

Comment

Originally posted by MiLLeRBoY
              Just live with the fact that Eminem has a team of ghostwriters that work for him. He comes up with a general idea for a song. He tells his team to help him make a song about "bad relationship with Kim," "father/daughter love," "about his fame," etc. And then they all come up with rhymes and lyrics.

wtf
              r u retarded

u do know eminem writes ALL of his own shlt dont u????
              " In Sin City life's a gamble so place your bets/ On a spaced out villain, killin like Jason X //" - ME

Comment

Everybody can say that, that the rappers have a ghostwritters' team. But where are the the proof ? A true proof...

That's remind me the guy who says that Nas has ghostwritters, Scarface has ghostwritters, Em & Jigga too...but there are no fuckin proof...Nowhere

Eminem wrote Forgot About Dre but he can't write My Band ? sure...
                Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

Purple Pills was raw, they fucked up when they made it Hills tho...
                  "Say you rollin on dubs, I'll roll over ya shit in a tank/
                  I'm th greatest rapper since _____, fill in th blank/"

Comment

Look guys, Eminem, D12, or any other music artist are limited by their label execs. Have you guys ever read "The Angry Blonde" by Eminem? He writes in that book that he didn't want "The Real Slim Shady" as the first single. He brought "I'm Back" and "The Way I Am" to the record company, but Interscope nixed them both. It's because they wanted another "My Name Is." Eminem even said that all of his first singles are corny. I think his first singles are cheesy and stupid too. But the rest of the album, excluding the goofy songs, are fuckin great.
                    The first part about wanting a catchy single first is correct... I agree they are more often than not; cheesy, goofy, etc. but they are still a quality song... lyrically, production wise etc

[QUOTE=MiLLeRBoY]This D12 song, My Band... yes it is really cheesy and it has a catchy hook. The teenage girls will eat this up just like they eat up Eminem's first singles. All the girls that I've talked to are the same way. They like goofy, pop songs like "Got Some Teeth" by Obie...."Without Me".... "My Name Is"...etc. Don't you guys get it? My Band is mainly used to sell records. It isn't meant to be good lyrically.

I really hate Eminem and D12 selling out, but it's going to happen anyways so who cares. The record company's main purpose is to make money, not to make good music. So you're going to continue to see rappers make songs about bling-bling, girls, gangster shit, or party-club songs. It's a given fact in the music industry. It's sad but it's true.
                    I don't know that I would call it selling out... I mean everyone's purpose in life is to be successful and make as much money as possible whether you are cart shagger at WalMart or an Entertainer. So are you saying that one should stay underground and not make any money? I think when people make the crossover to appeal to a larger audience people consider it selling out because often times change occurs a little to accomodate all listeners. Also when you are dealing with Top 40 stations who only play POP music you get titled with such, but lets not forget that POP music is an abbreviated term for POPular music. Furthermore about the record companies doing stuff just to make money... I couldnt help but notice that you mentioned "My Name Is"... here is a little FYI for ya.... Eminem, Shady Records, Dr Dre, and Interscope did not make one dime off the song "My Name Is" and still don't with the exception of the records sales that it spurred.

It's a fucked up world that we live in. And every major artist has ghostwriters. Not just the pop singers like Britney Spears, John Mayer, N' Sync, etc. But mainstream rappers too. Except the ghostwriting is more covered up because in hip hop if you don't write your own lyrics, you will get dissed. In other forms of music, no one complains about who writes the lyrics. Just live with the fact that Eminem has a team of ghostwriters that work for him. He comes up with a general idea for a song. He tells his team to help him make a song about "bad relationship with Kim," "father/daughter love," "about his fame," etc. And then they all come up with rhymes and lyrics.
                    You couldnt be more wrong here if you are trying to say that Em has ghostwriters.... I have watched him write or been in places where he just grabs sumtin and jots it down so he doesn't forget. You are letting your ass overrun your mouth with this statement

Eminem usually works with the Bass brothers, Dr. Dre, Dre's team, and probably other people to make beats. Nothing is produced solo. Everything from beats to lyrics is a collaboration with many people. So don't be surprised if "My Band" sounds corny. It's not the end of Eminem's talent. You know that the other songs on the album will be sick as hell. So relax.
                    EXACTLY..........
                    Dirty JIM

Comment

This my band shit sounds like a bullshit freeestyle song i would make with my boys, why would em ever drop this??
                      . . .pHaTe. . .

Comment

^^did you not see MiLLeRBoY's post?!?!? my band was to sell the fuckin record!!!! if you want to see some lyrical skill just wait for the whole album, damn...you people freak just cuz the first single is corny. slim knows that and he knows it well help sell the record....the rest of the album wont be like that

personally though i like "my band." i like it way better than "without me." i think proof has an awesome verse, the lyrics are pretty good
                        April 11th, 2006 - Proof that the good die young

Comment

hmm. i think the song is hilarious... its called 'my band' cuz people call d12 a band, so the song is basically a parody of a generalized boy band hit single, plus it shows the otehr members or the group being jealous and talkin shit and all that...at the end bizarre (i think) says 'the hardest boy band' or somebullshit, yea it sounds corny, just blaze a sack & kick it, the shit is funny as hell.. its by far his best work, but theres no reason to talk shit about it... i found it humorous...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Heridan, 11-09-2019, 02:25 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post BrookeDavis  
                          Started by Deborahlanker, 01-04-2021, 12:08 PM
                          1 response