Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem 'Wanted' For Comic Role

Didnt see it posted:

Eminem is being tapped to play the starring role of a comic book anti-hero in the upcoming movie debut of 'Wanted.'

Comic book writer Mark Millar is bringing his super villain comic book series "Wanted" to the silver screen and he's looking at rap's own Marshall Mathers for the starring role. According to The Times Online the creator is in final negotiations with Universal Pictures the film deal and Eminem is already in talks to play the pathetic lead character turned super-hero, Wesley Gibson.

"I'm really excited about the possibility of Marshall playing the lead role," Millar said, "and Universal have already been in talks with his people, and also lined up one of the top five producers in Hollywood."

The Wesley character, who already resembles the blond-haired Eminem in the comic, leads a dull life with a dead-end job and a girlfriend who he knows is cheating on him but is to wimpy to do anything about it. Wesley's life changes overnight when he wakes up one day and his world is out of sync. He later discovers he has extraordinary powers that come with an extraordinary price.

I had three years of writing about superheroes, so last year I wanted to do something that was really bad. Films about the bad guys are always far more interesting and this is the most violent and evil thing that I have ever written," says Millar.

Millar will also reportedly be executive producer of the film. He is interested in getting Tommy Lee Jones and Beyonce Knowles for other villainous roles.
    WHAT UP BLOOD? WHAT UP CUZ? WHAT UP BLOOD? WHAT UP GANGSTA.

-BLAckTexT TiLL THa DeAf!

hopefully some good screenwriters could be on hand, if eminem does this film (or not)...otherwise, they better have some mid 90s rap music and mc battles to save it...

Comment

Originally posted by REAL GANGSTA
      Didnt see it posted
      Did you look?

Here's my previous thread: http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=81735

It's ok though, you have slightly different information. I'm not going to go into little-whiny-ass-bitch-D12World-member mode and throw a piss fit because this isn't news.

I'm looking forward to seeing Eminem in a real role. I think he has serious acting talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
        hopefully some good screenwriters could be on hand, if eminem does this film
        I'm sure that the comic writer Mark Millar himself will write the screenplay, maybe with a cowriter. Don't underestimate a writer just because his preferred medium is comics. There are some true literary works in comic book form.

Comment

I hope it's true.
          Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggity
            Don't underestimate a writer just because his preferred medium is comics. There are some true literary works in comic book form.
            Don't assume that i underestimate a writer just because his preferred medium is comics...especially me, a person who is partial to comic book flicks...case in point, spawn the movie was bad, but as much as i can hate on the movie i still loved it (in a sense) because spawn was my favorite comic book...

millar is probably going to receive some sort of help in order to make the transfer of comic to movie, like you said (a cowriter)...otherwise, this movie will be poised for failure...he may be the best comic book writer ever, but there are certain things that have to be cut out and reworked in order for the comic to work as a movie...

look at any comic book flick; major differences between the reel and comic pages...

and what i was referring to specifically wass 8 mile, in case no one caught it...it had a horrible plot, but the musical score and battles saved it...

Comment

nice thanxs or new sounds good wit eminem or not
              aka Fifty0550

Comment

yeah Sway said it on MTV news
                "EMINEM IS WANTED"

Say Goodbye Hollywood MY ASS
                Iceburg "SLIM", The Most "SHADY" .. Franky Baby

- Whats Beef?

NO !

You's Not BIG
                ..and Pac
                Not East VS West
                Nigg-a This Is Least VS Best

Comment

I remember an Eminem interview about Say Goodbye To hollywood, he just said that was a moment of his life that he captures on a song, that doesn't mean he stops his carrer.
                  Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

that would be sick

Comment

Guy is smart, he knows Eminem will sell no matter what, mostly thanks to groupies and those waiting for his next movie appearance. Let's make sense here; it's some sort of comic no one has ever heard of, do you think it would be as successful if they had some regular actor doing it? It just wouldn't make sense. Plus it sort of ressembles 8 Mile storyline, with dead end job and girlfriend who fucks around.. wow, giving him super powers makes it so much more interesting and original.. not. Can you say Hollywood is running out of new ideas? Let's cash in on what's guaranteed to stick "must-see" label.. at least by hip-hop fans.
                      Last edited by komacyde; 03-02-2004, 05:41 PM.
                      ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

Originally posted by komacyde
                        Guy is smart, he knows Eminem will sell no matter what, mostly thanks to groupies and those waiting for his next movie appearance. Let's make sense here; it's some sort of comic no one has ever heard of, do you think it would be as successful if they had some regular actor doing it? It just wouldn't make sense. Plus it sort of ressembles 8 Mile storyline, with dead end job and girlfriend who fucks around.. wow, giving him super powers makes it so much more interesting and original.. not. Can you say Hollywood is running out of new ideas? Let's cash in on what's guaranteed to stick "must-see" label.. at least by hip-hop fans.
                        You should read this...that could be a good movie
                        http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=81735

Comment

This is not the first time a movie has been made of an unknown/obscure comic book. So it could sell if it wasn't Eminem in the lead role. But of course Eminem being the lead does help.
                          Posterpedic Mattresses

Comment

A rumor said that Millar said all that shit for having publicity...
                            We are waiting for the truth

Comment

yeh i never heard of the character either...i know ems into comics though

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bsdfiswew, Today, 08:40 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bsdfiswew  
                              Started by basketballeven, 12-27-2020, 02:38 AM