Hip-Hop Marches on Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip-Hop Marches on Washington

this is something that my homegirl keesha is startin out....its only been a week, but theyve received TONS of feedback and support alreayd...this is really gonna happen...if youre interested in this contact me at [email protected] or keesha at [email protected]...this is serious!!

as requested, here's the statement...

HIP-HOP POLITICS: "HIP HOP MARCHES ON WASHINGTON"

Milwaukee attempts to start a movement!

This is the official mission statement. Fellow supporter Ray and I are trying to make moves here in Milwaukee first, so for those that have expressed interest try your local resources and mobilize there first and let me know your progress. Then we can guarantee a larger following:

We have a problem in our country which is supposed to be the "Land of the Free". This problem is the wrongful killings of innocent men at the hand of police officers. Sure, we all talk about it as they let the officer walk free from any charges and still allowed to wear that badge, but that is where it stops. We just talk about it. We all say, "That's messed up". We all complain about how it is not right and there needs to be change, but again, that is where it stops. Although this began as a way to peacefully speak out against police brutality, it has been expanded to include demonstrating the strength of ALL hip-hop.

There comes a time when you have to stop talking about it and put something into action. If not, then the cycle will continue, and lives will continue to be lost. Who's next? It could very well be you, your brother, your father, or your cousin. I do not know about you, but I am tired of sitting on the sidelines.

Think about it. There once was a time when Black people loved each other and ourselves enough to die, get arrested, and take beatings for our rights. There were teenagers out there protesting during the Civil Rights Movement. There were teenagers who were arrested for not giving up their seat on a bus far before Rosa Parks did it. They cared.

Now we have something that has the potential to be the greatest movement of all-time, Hip-Hop. Hip-Hop is a powerful force that can move the masses, so lets do something with it. Remember, before schools were integrated, it was Rock and Roll that had Blacks and Whites dancing amongst each other. Just imagine what Hip-Hop can do.

I propose a peaceful and legal march on Washington to finally take a stand against the injustices done to us. This is a march for everybody, no matter their race. It is to show unity of Black people, but most of all to show unity within the human race that we ALL see the problem and we ALL want a change. Whether you are Black, Latino, White, Asian, it does not matter. We want you to join us in a movement of the people, a Hip-Hop movement. We need to show the older generation that we do indeed care about what is going on in our country. After all, we are in fact the future, so lets have our voices heard.

This March will be a peaceful protest and a display of unity in the Hip-Hop community. We plan to have ALL aspects of Hip-Hop involved in the march. We will also touch on other important issues affecting us and hope to have many speakers at this event. We will be inviting all types of Hip-Hop artists (past and present), record labels, as well as prominent figures in the community. As of right now, we are looking to hold this event some time during the Summer of 2004 so that more youth can attend. Keep in mind, this is not an event strictly for the youth. This is open to any and everybody, but we hope that some concerned youth will participate. Also, we hope to hold this event well before the election of 2004, and make sure that the candidates are well aware that we will not sit silently. We will be heard!

As for the march, we need to mobilize people from all different areas across the country. There is no plan in action as of yet as far as how to get people to Washington who live clear across country, but that will be coming soon. Right now we are trying to get a feel of how many people want to support this movement. We will need supporters in many areas across the country to spread word of this march and gain even more support. We would like for you to begin a following in your community that will be committed to this march. Anything you can do will be helpful, believe me.

This is a One Life Production supported by members united by AllHipHop such as myself (Keesha), Fenian, ShadowPrince, and Leila, as well as community supporters here in Milwaukee, WI. One Life is an organization that plans on touring the country in visits to inner-city schools to talk to them about their future and the many oppurtunities that they have as long as they are willing to work hard to achieve them. However, we have recently joined up with the DC Hip-Hop Alliance, so it is not only One Life who is planning this. We are working together for "Hip-Hop Politics" and they are having a meeting this month with the legendary KRS-1 who may offer his support! We have also secured support from local churches, NAACP members, radio, and media outlets here in Milwaulkee. We are quickly gaining support throughout the ENTIRE Hip-Hop Community. We will also be putting together a mixtape of artists from all aspects of hip-hop, and we hope to be able to get some big names on there.

If you are interested in being apart of this event, whether you can offer any help, want to attend the march, would like to help spread word, want to be part of our mixtape, or just want more information and an update on our progress, please feel free to contact us at anytime by email. We must stress that this will be a peaceful and legal march. Thank you for your time, and lets prove that Hip-Hop can be united!

Nikisha "Keesha" Valdez- [email protected]"
    "its a muhf**kin shame how lames think they flow-so-sick, gettin excited//yeah they got a sick flow its called the Young Hov virus" Big Stan & DMX - We bout to blow....thats not a jigga diss...ya gotta read close lol..

interesting, though i think this should've been left as a police brutality march...hip hop march kind of overshadows the initial purpose of the march...

why does hip hop have to be a political ideology? i love hip hop, but i'm an independent thinker...i'm not marching for a convoluted concept like hip hop, which no longer bears the same meaning it had in the past years...

good luck with the march though....

Comment

thanks for the input...but we're not tryin to have one ideology...its uniting us thru hiphop, like thats the common strand...we're not sayin "oh vote for this person" or "think like this"....and we're not saying that its like a "hip hop political party" either...we're just tryin to make a statement about hiphop since it often gets attacked from people like Bill O'reilly...and its about all hiphop...rappers who rap about politics, concious rapprs, gangsta rappers, whatever...we wanna include it all...but thanks for the feedback and luck its much appreciated...
      "its a muhf**kin shame how lames think they flow-so-sick, gettin excited//yeah they got a sick flow its called the Young Hov virus" Big Stan & DMX - We bout to blow....thats not a jigga diss...ya gotta read close lol..

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mariagarcia, Yesterday, 10:54 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post mariagarcia  
      Started by auriculo, Yesterday, 09:06 AM