.: Game interview on Joe Budden allhiphop.com .:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .: Game interview on Joe Budden allhiphop.com .:

AllHipHop.com: Letís just talk about the whole beef situation and how it started. You know Joe has already kind of said what he felt how it started but, whatís your view on how it started?

Game: Everybody wants to know how it started, right? It started with me and Stack Buddles, who I knew and respected as a young emcee like myself way back before we had deals - on the mixtape circuit. I was doing my thing early before the Aftermath thing. Clue came to me one time when I was out here [in New York] and said, ďCan you come out here to do a freestyle.Ē Iím still trying to finish this album, Iím up-and-coming So Iím like whatever. Stack is in the studio and Iím like ďYeah thatís my ni**a, I f**k with Stack Bundles.Ē Iím in the studio we get in and we do the freestyle mix me and Stack Bundles, and thatís a wrap. Whatever and Iím thinking just me and Stack Bundles on the song. And like a month or two pass and itís the All Star Game out in L.A. We outside at the W [hotel], me and my entourage and itís a Fab and a couple celebrities like [basketball player] Sam Casselle. Joe Budden out there and he come up to me to shake my hand but like its like almost like itís a different handshake. Itís like heís thinking in his mind ďDid Game hear me say that fly shit on this [Clue] tape?Ē So he shaking my hand kind of phony. I noticed that, but I didnít really pay no attention to it Iím like ďI donít know maybe he just a little weird.Ē

So while they Clue is passing out the mix CDs which Iím on, but we, we take it everything is going on itís All Star, so you put it in your back pocket whatever. So that shit passed over and everybody went back home All Star was over. Iím working out in the 24 hour fitness two weeks after the All Star Game 50 called me while I was working out in the gym asking me ďDid I do a song with Joe Budden?Ē And Iím like ďHell no.Ē I wouldnít do no song with Joe Budden thatís like not even my genre of rap. Iím a gangster rapper more like a lyricist and I mix that with my gangster shit. Iím an emcee. Joe Budden is like a rapper. Like I donít mean to say call out names but I donít even give a f**k, like Chingy and Ludacris those are rappers. You wouldnít classify those as ďAw he got ill lyrics to Biggie and Pac.Ē Like these are rappers. Like Busy Bee was a rapper. And Kool Moe Dee is more like a lyricist. So thatís the way that I separate myself from different categories and s**t.

So anyway I tell 50, ĎNo, I ainít did no song with Joe Budden.Ē 50 like ĎYeah you did do a song with Joe Budden. Itís on the Clue Mixtape. Joe Budden is on the third version and he taking shots at G-Unit in the song.Ē 50 expressed to me that like, he didnít think it was a good look. Iím agreeing like ***** you right. It ainít a f**king good look but I ainít heard it. So I tell 50 Iím a call him back. I go downstairs to my truck and I pop the CD in and then sure enough this ni**a is taking subliminal shots. I can understand if you got beef with somebody [like 50], if you got beef with that man call that man out if thatís who you got beef with or if its them. All you got to do is call them out and they going to come answer. I understand the competitive nature of Hip Hop, of battling and rhyming. But he didnít do that. And I kind of felt like he disrespected me in the sense that he took a he knew when Clue said I got this song, he looked at it like Game do business with G-Unit. Game is the newest member of G-Unit and he on the song with somebody from Desert Storm and I can come on here and I can certify myself by taking shots at G-Unit. I will look bigger because Game is on the song.

AllHipHop.com: Right.

GAME: The public doesnít know how you can just throw a ni**a on a song. They thing we were all there and we did it. To the public eye, it looks like I did a song with Joe Budden and condoned him dissiní G-Unit, which I donít. I sat down for like a day, a day and a half. I thought about it what I should do. I talked to Jimmy [his manager Jimmy Henchman] about it. Everybody agreed that he took a shot. In that, there was no defending the fact that I had to come back at him. Thatís what I did.

AllHipHop.com: Joe said that people in your camp got calls from people in his camp to make sure there was no beef. If I am correct, he said this happened before All-Star weekend.

GAME: No, that is false. Thatís 300% false. The calls were made because we didnít want to over-judge the situation and really end this dudeís career when we didnít have to. Basically, we were trying to save him. It didnít end up that way. I know Joe Budden as an emcee that likes to take subliminal shots. He did it with Jay-Z. He did it with 50 Cent. He did it with G-Unit and heís just that type of emcee. You donít do that and just jumping on a song Ė that was phony. I lost a lot of respect for him. I did have respect for him. Heís a young Black rapper coming up in the game - whether he sold five records or 300,000 like he did Ė I still respected him as a Black man trying to better his life. He lost that respect when he did what he did. I feel like he a coward. He made the response to my record like he a real street ni**a when he really just a punk. He started it. I want everybody to know that I didnít start this. My hand was forced.

AllHipHop.com: He said he felt that with you on the track, it basically was saying that it wasnít a diss for the fact that you were on the record. He said he wouldnít diss you with you on the same song. Does that make sense, what I am saying?

GAME: Do me that could make sense if it came from anybody but this fool. He is know for taking subliminal shot. He used the G-unit video to cover up his diss for 50. He did it on a song with me so I automatically had to respond.

AllHipHop.com: He said that he had deaded the beef with 50 a while ago so there wasnít a situation there.

GAME: I hear all that, but even if he deaded the beef with 50 and he said Iím sorry or whatever he did to squash it, he still took a shot at G-Unit, my team and business partners with me on the song. That was a total disrespect. On the radio, he said if it was reversed would he do [the same thing I did]. He said, ďI would think about doing the same thing Game did.Ē Itís like copping a plea, but whatever. His career was over from the beginning of the beef.

AllHipHop.com: Did 50 Cent put a battery in your back and tell you to roll on him?

GAME: Me and 50 never discussed until today that Joe Buddens dissed me on that song. 50 came at me and said, ďDid you do a song with Joe Budden.Ē He was just implying that maybe I should listen to it. Anybody that knows me, knows you canít put a battery in my back for s**t. At the end of the day, Iím living for me. If I wake up and I donít feel like going in the studio, Iím not going. I donít care who say go. At the end of the day, I got to sit in a corner and die by myself. Iím a leader and never a follower. But a battery in my back? That sounds foolish. I think that they put a battery in his back like, ďNi**a, you better get at Game, you soft coward. You better say something.Ē The only thing he could do was reply. The s**t was wack anyway.

AllHipHop.com: On the other side, weíve lost a lot of our favorite artists. You are on the rise and Joe has a lot of fans too. Can we keep this on wax or is it going to lead to something else?

GAME: At his point, I would say that, for the most part, everybody in the world knows that Joe is not that type of dude. So, to harm him or to bring any type of street antics on his side would be to belittle myself because heís not even that type of dude. So, why even give this dude just do. Its like RuPaul dissing Shaq and Shaq wants to put money on RuPaulís head Ė why? You know heís a faggot and he might be mad at himself for being the type of ni**a that he is. And I use the RuPaul to Shaq [comparison] because I am up-and-coming and come in the game so I can beast it and I used that because heís a feminine guy. Used to be a go-go dancer. We discovered that. He used to sing in a group with songs like ďButter LoveĒ and s**t like that. He was doing the pelvic thrust. His new name is Go Go Buddens.

AllHipHop.com: Is it true that you invited him to the radio station?

GAME: Yeah, he said, ďIím not coming, because Iím a scary b**ch.Ē His diss record, I took it serious. He mentioned my managerís name. I got on the next plane smoking like, ďIím here.Ē I knew if anything New York was going to be, this ni**a Game is serious. He didnít want to come to the station and embarrass himself. He donít want them type of problems. Iím the next ni**a to blow. He tried to use me.

AllHipHop.com: I heard he changed the lyrics like the reference to Jimmy Iovine, I think.

GAME: No, he was talking about Henchmen.

AllHipHop.com: Oh, I didnít even realize that.

GAME: He was talking some real slick s**t. He changed the lyrics but itís too late for that. We heard the real version, live uncut. We heard how you really felt. The first thing you say is how you feel. Then you get to analyze your s**t. Thatís why I donít let just anything come out my mouth if thatís not how I really feel or my heart is set on. My heart was set on ďF**k Joe Buddens.Ē It whatever you want it to be.

AllHipHop.com: Earlier you mentioned you have a son, how is that?

GAME: My son, heís eight months old in April.

AllHipHop.com: Oh, thatís whatís up.

GAME: This lilí ni**a manÖI donít want no problems just like with this Joe Buddens beef man. I didnít want it to get out of hand, because the type if ni**a I am and I know the type of ni**a he is. I donít want ni**as in L.A. or people in my camp to think its bigger than that, because if it gets out of my hands, somebody might do something to himÖ Who are they going to point the finger at? Me. I try to stop the shit. They didnít want to pick up the phone. They wanted to act like they were big and bad and almighty.

Wun Luv.

Nice wun

Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet - CH'AN BUDDHIST
    "Women like a fine wine only get better with age" - Finch
    Audio Scrob - What Im Listening to
    AIM Fileshare

Comment

Originally posted by b`reel
      Iím working out in the 24 hour fitness...
      Gangsta 2;-{}2

Comment

Nice Interview, thanks alot.
        "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
        - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

werd....both budden and game spoke the real...both seem to be backing down.....shit'll prbly remain on wax
          Palabra a tu madre

Comment

cheers
            MM4

Comment

Originally posted by b`reel
              Like I don’t mean to say call out names but I don’t even give a f**k, like Chingy and Ludacris those are rappers. You wouldn’t classify those as “Aw he got ill lyrics to Biggie and Pac.”
              I think he's a bit too full of himself; Ludacris is way hotter than Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickid
                I think he's a bit too full of himself; Ludacris is way hotter than Game.
                Ludacris is shitty.

Comment

How dare he comparew Budden to Chingy has he never listened to his album.Joey is 20x more creative than any shit I heard from the Game (Which isn't a lot I admit) he hasn't proved himself to be anyone yet.Half you dickriding fags wouldn't give a fuck about him if he wasn't with Gay-Unit.
                  I don't ring my friends 24/7 crying I'm going to kill myself I don't even ring my girlfiend that much.Go ahead and kill yourself you want to the bullies do your 'True Love' does so go ahead.

Comment

How can Game think Joe Buddens isn't a good lyricist... Joe Buddens fucking ripped Game on every level...

You dealt with shady shit? I dealt with shady shit
                    But I'm the only one can truely say I dealt with Shady's shit!

Comment

Ya'll need to get off that d ickryding g unit s hit... If n igga's like g unit let'em like'em dont be mad... "GAy unit" all ya who say that is a bunch of cowards. Don't be mad cause they on top, and yeah they music lately been weak and they been doing all that singing shit but they deserve to be where they at. And honestly joe buns is better then all the g unit members with the exception of banks cause the boywonder is on some other s hit. DONT BE MAD!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LAzey MIkey from the joe budden interview
                        Joe Is the Realest Nucca Out ... If This Article Was With 50 Or Game They Would Of Just Been "Fuck Budden" ... Budden Gave Banks Props Even When They Are About To Beef...
                        Wow mikey is a prophet
                        Your signature can not be longer than 200 characters.
                        ^this is stupid .

Comment

I can't be mad because they are on top but there music is weak and they are making the same type of songs they hated (hard) on Ja for doing.Well why can I be mad at a rap group?Lloyd Banks isn't better than Joe Budden either he's nothing past 16 bars.
                          I don't ring my friends 24/7 crying I'm going to kill myself I don't even ring my girlfiend that much.Go ahead and kill yourself you want to the bullies do your 'True Love' does so go ahead.

Comment

Game ::
                            Originally posted by Rog
                            "Let's go play some football, I'll rape you."
                            Originally posted by Rog
                            One day this girl was being dumb as hell so told her "shut the hell up or we'll rape you."
                            Originally posted by KessenGTR
                            RB is like an orgasm, but it's everlasting.

Comment

like rassy said, if game wasnt affiliated with g-unit u all would care less about him

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 11:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 04-05-2021, 10:58 AM