Wu-Tang goes Aftermath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wu-Tang goes Aftermath?

They say it's lonely at the top. Just think what it feels like to be Voltron's head when things don't go right, you're the first one looked at.

Last week, disgruntled Wu-Tang Clan member U-God candidly disclosed a history of what he described as in-studio callousness toward him by the RZA (see "Wu-Tang Clan's U-God Blames RZA For No New Wu Output"). Among other disparaging accusations, U-God said that the Wu's main producer caused a rift in the collective by playing favorites among its members.

The RZA responded late last week via the Wu-Tang sanctioned Web site www.wutangcorp.com: "U-Godzilla has a distorted memory of the Wu and his involvement. And for him to state that I dealt with separation is blasphemous, for it was my focus on unity that made us strong and successful. I don't deal with separation nor unrighteousness amongst my peers or my enemies."

RZA added that U-God's incarceration led to his rhymes not being as sharp as the others'.

Last Thursday, the two MCs were featured guests on Sway's Renegade Radio morning show on New York's Hot 97 U-God in-studio, and RZA via phone. The Clansmen aired out their differences and at the end of the program agreed to meet up and talk.

At least some of the Wu do not share U-God's ill feelings. Dirt McGirt is one who is staying especially allegiant to RZA, who is also his cousin. Dirty is done recording his album, and RZA has produced six cuts on the LP (see "ODB's Roc-A-Fella Deal Rocks The Boat For Some Wu Members"). There are several posse cuts with other members of the crew.

RZA also gave props to Dirty as being the one who sparked the idea of bringing the Clan to Dr. Dre's Aftermath label. RZA said on the Web site that a deal is currently being worked out.

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by eliteketopills, Today, 06:21 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post eliteketopills  
Started by eliteketopills, Today, 06:19 AM
0 responses