New Obie Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Obie Interview

Talking about working with Em & Dre, Detroit, Messy Marv, 2Pac, his debut album and new album ..

I couldn't copy and paste the interview, so go to www.aftermathmusic.com to read the interview ..
    Originally posted by midwestwitch
    If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Thanks!
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.

Comment

| OBIE TRICE INTERVIEW // March 14th, 2004

Aftermath Music met Obie Trice on tour. The problem was that we only had a few minutes to interview him. We asked him about his album, productions and his future.

SHOUT OUTS: listen now

Aftermathmusic.com:
      1st off Obie, thx for taking the time. How was Amsterdam?

Obie Trice:
      Oh man ... it was beautiful. Ohh weee!

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Congrats to your album "Cheers". I really like it. My fav tracks are "Don't come down" and "Ooh!".

Obie Trice:
      Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Whats the difference working with Eminem and Dr. Dre?

Obie Trice:
      Well, Eminem, you know, I know him longer. Ive been signed to his label since 2001 and he's a good friend. But working with Dre, I grew up with his music, so I´m still like more a fan. Eminem is more like a friend. And I´m also a fan on Eminem. But I really see Dre like I see Eminem. I see Em all the time, so working with Dre is more interesting. Eminem and Dr. Dre have reinvented to music industry, being apart of that is a blessing.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Are you happy with the sales of your album?

Obie Trice:
      Yeah, I´m happy. I´m the 1st black platinum artist in Detroit, solo artist in Detroit. You know, I´m the 1st black solo MC from Detroit. I didnt do the 50 Cent sales but hey ... i got a long career, i´m still young and I´m trying to bring really good music.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Obie, Busta is officially signed on the math now and the fans really hope you´ll release "Ooh!" feat Busta as your last single from "Cheers". Could this happen?

Obie Trice:
      No, sorry Chris. The last single is "Don't come down". We just shot the video for the single.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Oh ok. I did an interview with Salam Wreck and he said about the Hip Hop Game: "Alot of shit is Just the same thing over and over ... Same lines, Same hooks ... There's no Substance". Do you agree?

Obie Trice:
      Uuum, I dont really listen to a lot of different artists. But, I wouldnt say that. I'd say it brings some different to me.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      So, what do you think a good album needs?

Obie Trice:
      A good album? I think it need realness, you should speak on thing that you know about, that you being from, that you experienced or that you been around, you know. I think you need a good hook, good beats and good lyrics.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      DJ Butter told me: "Obie Trice is a work horse. He don't waste alot of time and money in the studio." So, how you go about recording the album?

Obie Trice:
      I get the music, I get the beats. And I go to the studios and write the lyrics.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Do you have ghost-writers?

Obie Trice:
      Hell no. No ghost-writers. True lyrics, man.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Please tell us more about your track on 2Pac's upcoming album. How did this happen?

Obie Trice:
      That was a beautiful thing. I got the word, that 2Pac's staff want me to do a track. And I said, 'Why not?'. You know, it's a track with 2Pac. That's hot!

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Which other albums you gonna be on it?

Obie Trice:
      Uum, probably that's the only one so far that I was working on. I´m working on my new album right now. Hopefully to get that out at the top of 2005, January 2005.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      So, do you have some ideas for your 2nd album?

Obie Trice:
      Really, I´m touring right now. When I get back home I will really start on the album. But what ever comes to my mind, you know I´m saying, I´m trying to save this.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      I gave you the Aftermath Music Mixtape Vol. 1. Your stuff is listening to the CD right now ... ha ha. The Vol. 2 is in works right now, which will be hosted by DJ Whoo Kid and The Game. Would you like to record some tracks for the mixtape?

Obie Trice:
      Yeah for sure Chris. No doubt. We keep in contact.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Thanks man. Whats the most asked question you get hit with, that you hate to get hit with?

Obie Trice:
      Where's Eminem, when is Em coming out, Em this, Em that, 50 this, 50 that ... What about Obie?

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Exactly man. Thats it! Tell us more about Detroit and the hip hop scene there.

Obie Trice:
      Detroit is right now a new Mecca for Hip Hop. You got NYC, the Westcoast, Down South is becoming a Mecca, so it's time for Detroit to get this shine on, you know I mean? There's a lot of hot artist. You got King Gordy, Street Lordz, you got Rock Bottom, D12, Royce ... I mean, there's a lot of hot Underground, Ms Corona. Lot of Undergound thing is goin on, is ready to come to the light.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Obie, did u listen to the Messy Marv diss?

Obie Trice:
      Messy who?

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Messy Marv. He dissed you on a track.

Obie Trice:
      Oh ... I don't know him. Who's Messy? (laughs)

Aftermathmusic.com:
      What do you think about the label politics right now? Joe Beast, Brooklyn got dropped, Rakim left the Math .. juss to name a few.

Obie Trice:
      Oh Shit man. Joe Beast got dropped? That's some Bullshit man. If you not bullshit, label politics is bullshit. If you bullshit as an artist and you get dropped, you got to handle your business.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      What do you think about beefs?

Obie Trice:
      Beef is beef, you know. Beef comes, so Beef is real.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Ok Obie, your show starts in 10 minutes. Is there anything else, you`d like to say to your fans?

Obie Trice:
      Debut album "Cheers" is in stores. If you don't have it, go cop it. Look for the new Obie Trice album coming out at the top of the year 2005. Keep it movin'. Shady Records is up in the building.

Aftermathmusic.com:
      Thanks Obie. Have a great show now. Catch ya later man.

Obie Trice:
      Enjoy the show Chris.
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.

Comment

Thanks ^ It didn't work for me ..
        Originally posted by midwestwitch
        If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

Thanks for the interview!!

Aftermathmusic.com:
          1st off Obie, thx for taking the time. How was Amsterdam?
          Obie:
          Oh man ... it was beautiful. Ohh weee!

lol. I guess he got stoned as hell!!
          Proof died 04-11-06 and D12 died with him
          R.I.P. PROOF (1973-2006)

Comment

Aftermathmusic.com:
            Obie, did u listen to the Messy Marv diss?

Obie Trice:
            Messy who?

lmao
            I'm a white hetrosexual male; a member of the only group of people left in the world that you can say anything about and there wont be a protest the next day.

"Muthafuckas talk about all this black this and white this. Hip-hop started in the biggest melting pot of America which is New York. You had whites, blacks latinos, and all kinds of shit when hip-hop first started. For people to say that this is strictly for the blacks and shit, uh nobody said that when all the white kids started buying NWA albums when they had no radio play. But now it's a problem cause they are buying the Eminem records?" - Proof

Comment

thx, good interview
              April 11th, 2006 - Proof that the good die young

Comment

Cool interview. Thanks
                "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
                - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by basketballeven, 02-02-2021, 09:36 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Nancystarkman  
                Started by Deborahlanker, Yesterday, 08:45 AM