The Real Deal on Eminem "falling off"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Deal on Eminem "falling off"

Lately all on the board there has been an influx of peopel hateing eminem. There are various reasons for it, such as "he's fallen off" or "he sucks".

and i can see what some of them mean, and on some level i agree.

I don't think he's fallen off. i DO believe that he is taking a different approch to rapping in general. His newer stuff has very good flow too it, and complex rhymes. But in todays rap world, nobody else is focusing on flow, only punches. So when you have guys with little punches like eminem trying to rap next to the heavy hitters in the game like Lloyd banks, cassidy, etc etc, he has nothing. There arn't any lines in his songs that really stand out in anyones mind, because its more about the scheme and flow.

I think that in general though, most people diss eminem because that is the fashionable thing to do. People try to be funny on this board, and try to start petty arguments just to piss people off. What better way to do it than say "eminem" sucks. Say that, and all the thousands of groupies will pee their pants and cry for sure. But the people that do that, really just show how dumb and immature they really are. There are other shitty boards out there, go bug them.

Meh 2 cents
    Ninjas do it from behind

Originally posted by ELspid3yo
    Lately all on the board there has been an influx of peopel hateing eminem. There are various reasons for it, such as "he's fallen off" or "he sucks".

and i can see what some of them mean, and on some level i agree.

I don't think he's fallen off. i DO believe that he is taking a different approch to rapping in general. His newer stuff has very good flow too it, and complex rhymes. But in todays rap world, nobody else is focusing on flow, only punches. So when you have guys with little punches like eminem trying to rap next to the heavy hitters in the game like Lloyd banks, cassidy, etc etc, he has nothing. There arn't any lines in his songs that really stand out in anyones mind, because its more about the scheme and flow.

I think that in general though, most people diss eminem because that is the fashionable thing to do. People try to be funny on this board, and try to start petty arguments just to piss people off. What better way to do it than say "eminem" sucks. Say that, and all the thousands of groupies will pee their pants and cry for sure. But the people that do that, really just show how dumb and immature they really are. There are other shitty boards out there, go bug them.

Meh 2 cents
    agree with a lot of it, but I think what happened... Em's always rapped about his life and made it interesting... like stuff with kim and pistol whippin ppl and chasin ICP out of the club... but now it's like nothing's happening in his life that's gettin any publicity... he has nothing to talk about except his beefs with ja and benzino... its like his style doesnt work if he's not huge in the news

Comment

i think everybody just thinks its kool to be a hater, and eminem is just/almost as good as he used to be
      Check My New EP Diversify w. UK Producer Jay Dizla
      Canada + UK Revolutionary Underground Hip Hop
      Don't Sleep.

LOST

Comment

he's not any worse as he used to be, I think he just doesnt have anything to say

Comment

yo i agree. i mean as far as punches i think nobody hits harder than fabolousO. banks or cassidy is not to his level yet. i think street dreams was the perfect sophore album for any artist in a long time. i just had to say that for all the banks riders.

but as far as em you hit right on the target that he focuses on scheme and flow which makes the little punches that he uses stand out alot. its all about progress. people like fab and banks are just 1 or 2 demensional. em always brings versatility and different concepts. i mean think about it, you got people who argue about em's old style and his new shit. when in reality their both dope. and it just goes to show that in just 5 years you see a real change in an artist and still shittin on the rest of the game.
          "YouR WoRDS STiCK To You LiKe CRaZy GLue WHeN You DiSS Me
          CuZ THeY JuST BouNCe oFF Me, LiKe BuLLeTS Do 50"
          Emin3m

i'M FRoM THe CiTY oF GaToRS, HaTeRS i DeaLT WiT THeM DuDeS
          iF You DoNT LiKe Me THeN LiKeLY i MaKe a BeLT WiT Ya SHoeS
          RoYCe Da 5'9

Comment

i think he's trying to hard to be differant,but he should just stick 2 what made him rich and famous
            Attached Files
            mr. poop chute banger says....
            Homeland Security Advisory System
            http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/progra...ease_0046.shtm
            is wrestling fake?
            http://www.wimp.com/fake/

Comment

I'll rejoyce one day when only 'news' is posted in the news section

but to the point, if someone likes a style.. or the kind of blueprint that someone raps with, then they change it dramatically, then obviously you gonna expect some negativity

i think the negative comments that are made to the 03/04 Eminem are more than just.

When you have been listening to the guy for 5 years you can make statements lkike that

look at it this way... If you'd been driving Ferrari's for years, and they released a new edition that handled badly, had a top speed of 90mph.. was basically everything that the older version wasn't , then you'd be pissed. If The new Ferrari is the only Ferrari you've ever driven, then you're gonna be impartial or more bias towards the new model

fact of the matter is, when Eminem first came on the scene in '99 with the Slim Shady LP there were lots of people who just didn't like the music so they didn't buy the album.. now they like the new style when they hear "without me" in the club, so they buy TES and decide to give SSLP & MMLP a listen to.. when the new style is the style you are used to, you will defend Eminem when people say he's fallen off

its evident that a lot of the people who say Eminem is wack now are the same people who were goin crazy when he first dropped in '99.. me being one of them
              "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.. Thats God Damn Right"

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Fo
                i think everybody just thinks its kool to be a hater, and eminem is just/almost as good as he used to be
                yes i agree everybody just wants to hate on him because hes different than everybody else in the rap game. simply because he doesnt rap about cars and money and shit...
                Bay Area Love
                Go 49ers
                Raiders suck

N1ggaz bustin shots like they lost they minds
                Like 25 - Life never crossed they miiiinds
                -2pac

Comment

If he's falling off, he's still the best mainstream rapper in the game right now. Dudes can hate how he sounds now but you should give him credit for at least changing his style and not sticking to the same shit that he started out with. Look at most rappers in the game now, they all sound the same as when they did when they first started, showing no signs of growth and in turn, they've fallen off(redman, meth,busta,jada, the list goes on). People who say Em fell off just want to hear the "slim shady lp" em and while that's cool and all, it's been done and it's time to move on. Saying he fell off is just idiotic imo.
                  Last edited by shady rabbit; 03-21-2004, 11:29 AM.

Comment

^werd
                    My Iconastic!

Comment

Eminem doesn't have that same passion and determination to deliver sick tracks anymore, I'm not saying he's not good because he is, but to compare him to what he used to be in '99 and '00 is like comparing a classic car to some modern rendition. The concept is still there, but not necesserily the shape that made him shine back in the day. I don't blame Eminem for it though, Hollywood has changed him a lot, and he did what any intellect would if they were put in his position; sell out to the movie business knowing it will never die off, and profit much more than he does by selling records. Say Goodbye To Hollywood? Right. He has established himself as an actor and musician, open fields in both categories, and simply he doesn't have that hunger to succeed he had back in the day.
                      ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

I must say that almost everybody had a common sense in what they've said.
                        I guess the reason for this constant hating on Eminem is that people don't see Slim Shady in him any more...So in their eyes it may mean basically 'falling off"..

But from my point of view, he's just grown up a lot for a last couple of years...Which is basically a normal process..And plus back then he was that "Angry Blonde" everybody loved him for..Now he's calmed down, 'cause he already reached the stage, when I guess anybody would calm down..and would do the right thing
                        I also think that by the next album coming out, he'll surpise lots of us in a good way..And this album will have something for every fan he's ever had..He'll try to prove that he's the best artist in the industry for this moment...But would be clever for him to stop his career as a solo-artist after next album, otherwise he'll definitely fall off...

But I'm sure that the real reason for everybody saying that he's 'fallen off' is that it's kinda easier to say so on this board..'Cause then you're gonna be called a groupie for sure, but while everybody want to be treated as a 'rough and touch' guy, the first step to this reputation is to diss Eminem. (Fortunately, I'm not saying about every person, who think Marshall has weaked his position in today's hip-hop industry).

Peace
                        Natalie
                        What is madness, but our ability to see other people as they see themselves but not as other people see them?

Comment

If like it you like it. If you don't shut up, and don't buy it, that's easiest thing to do.

And Cassidy's album is fucking garbage. Who really cares for punches if his album can't be hot. Banks better not fuck it up.
                          Oh Shit FREE
                          Recovery on Amazon
                          I'm On Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Divinity
                            I'll rejoyce one day when only 'news' is posted in the news section

but to the point, if someone likes a style.. or the kind of blueprint that someone raps with, then they change it dramatically, then obviously you gonna expect some negativity

i think the negative comments that are made to the 03/04 Eminem are more than just.

When you have been listening to the guy for 5 years you can make statements lkike that

look at it this way... If you'd been driving Ferrari's for years, and they released a new edition that handled badly, had a top speed of 90mph.. was basically everything that the older version wasn't , then you'd be pissed. If The new Ferrari is the only Ferrari you've ever driven, then you're gonna be impartial or more bias towards the new model

fact of the matter is, when Eminem first came on the scene in '99 with the Slim Shady LP there were lots of people who just didn't like the music so they didn't buy the album.. now they like the new style when they hear "without me" in the club, so they buy TES and decide to give SSLP & MMLP a listen to.. when the new style is the style you are used to, you will defend Eminem when people say he's fallen off

its evident that a lot of the people who say Eminem is wack now are the same people who were goin crazy when he first dropped in '99.. me being one of them

what u said was very true and a good point...most ppl r used 2 his new flow from tes, and most of mmlp so it sounds the same....but one thing i noticed is that he sounds more lazier when hes rapping...he doesnt have that same passion..hes not as hungry anymore
                            listen to his verse in stir crazy, kim, kill you, amityville and then listen to hey lady, and his recent songs....he sounds like..more enthusiastic, when he does is verses he like screams and sounds crazy and i dunno i think of the right words but now he just sounds chilled out and lazier

thats just muh opinion but im sure most of u have noticed the same thing

Comment

I still like his music as much as i did when i first started listening to it, and that was a pretty long time ago. has he fallen off? i don't know.
                              Boston, Massachusetts

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WesleyDrake, 01-15-2021, 09:59 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post dropdimes18  
                              Started by DavideRucker, Today, 01:51 AM