This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Usher - Confessions

i know there's another guy that does reviews but i've only seen him do rap one's so i figured i might as well do one since i've listened to it for like 2-3 weeks now... so check it out

1. Intro
    it's something about all of usher's intros and interlude's throughout the years... but they're actually good... they're like mini songs.. and u can tell he takes a lot of time with them... this is no different... a good way to start the album

2. Yeah!
    probably one of the best club songs of all time, lil jon produced, great beat, ludacris lays down the perfect club rap, and the end is good, do the A-town stomp!

3. Throwback
    produced by Just Blaze, it's a above average song the beat is great, the idea of the song is kind of cliche' but he does it in a somewhat different way talkin about how u don't know what u got till it's gone type of thing. definitely not a song to skip tho

4. Confessions (Interlude)
    don't skip this interlude, it's actually great, sets up the next song, lets u know what's goin on, he's in the studio and finds out a girl hes seein is havin a baby, his ex that he's cheating on by the way, best interlude ive heard in a nice while

5. Confessions Part II
    continuation of the interlude, goes into depth, produced by j.d. and brian cox, the best substance-wise song i've heard in a long time, he's telling his girl that he's cheating on her and the woman he's cheating with is 3 months pregnant. 2 verses and then a lil speech-type thing, great song, one of the best on the album

6. Burn
    j.d. and brian cox put their heads together on this one again to make the best song of the album, talkin about how maybe it's better that him and his girl not be together, and how it hurts him, but he's gotta let it "burn" it's been released as the next single so if u haven't heard it yet, it's on the way.

7. Caught Up
    produced by andre harris and vidal davis, this song is very MJ reminiscent. it's an up-tempo track about how he's got all this stuff goin on in his life but there's a girl who catches his attention and throws him offtrack. it's a good track definitely worth listening to.

8. Superstar (Interlude)
    another great mini-song that sets up the next song... u can see him singing this song on stage looking out in the crowd tryin to find the perfect girl.

9. Superstar
    produced by dre and vidal again, it's a great song vocally and lyrically, reminds me of oldschool R&B be4 it got all sex-oriented (r.kelly and 112-type). prolly the best song vocally on the track, great song to listen to with the ladies.

10. Truth Hurts
    produced by jimmy jam harris III and terry lewis, one of the best production teams (R&B) around, songs about how he's been cheating, and she doesn't know, and he thinks she's cheating on him, but it's just his guilty concience. an above-average song. sticks with the oldschool feel

11. Simple Things
    jimmy and terry again, with a similar oldschool feeling song as the previous
    this one's about how a man doesn't appreciate the little things in the relationship or about the girl and all he worries is about appearance and material things. a great song, inspirational if ur in a relationship

12. Bad Girl
    jimmy and terry once again, it's around springbreak/summer time, and this is a great song to put the top down and cruise to the beach in, talkin about how he's lookin for a bad girl, freaky-type... this song is not as substancial as the rest of the album, but still a nice one to listen to, uptempo, great guitar riff in the backround. "i wanna take one to the restroom, so close im smellin like ur perfume"

13. That's What It's Made For
    jimmy and terry's last appearance on the album, it's got that oldschool feel to it still, this song's talkin about doin it, "go on and hit it, that's what it's made for, we got protection, that's what it's made for" good song to play if u got a lady with u, and ur tryin to seduce her or whatnot

14. Can U Handle It?
    produced by Thicke and Pro J, this songs got a great slow jam feel, once again for the ladies, it's a great vocal song, pretty much he's just askin a girl if she's ready for all the love that he has for her, it's a really good song, probably one of my favorites.

15. Do It To Me
    J.D. and Brian Cox return on this one with an amazing slow jam about... sex of course, but this one is amazing, got an oldschool prince feel to it. another great vocal song. not much else to say, definitely listen to it while ur "squeezing, holdin, biting, scratchin, spankin, screamin, pullin my hair"

16. Take Your Hand
    produced by Rich Harrison, keepin in the oldschool theme, reminds me of a song that may have been to good for justin timberlake to sing on his album, so usher took it. it's a good above-average song.

17. Follow Me
    Dre and Vidal's last dance, which exactly what this song is, somethin a DJ might play as the last song at a highschool dance or somethin... songs talkin about how his life is busy and whatnot but he still has that girl with him keepin him sane. not my favorite song, but still average and better than most rnb these days.

be4 the realease of this album usher himself promised "a classick R&B album" and he delivered just that, it's very different from most current R&B albums out in recent years, so if u like the Eamon, 112, booty obsessed, dance oriented R&B, this album probably won't be for u, but this truelly is a masterpiece and worth anyone's cd collection, the best songs on the album come from J.D. and Brian Cox's producing skills, but the other producers more than hold their own delivering the best R&B album i've heard in 5 years. a definite buy, i downloaded the album a few weeks ago, but i also bought it, because it is worth of my 12.99

hope u enjoyed the review
    anthony
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-26-2004, 12:05 AM.
    i wanna bleed, show the world all that i hide inside
    i wanna scream, let the blood flow that keeps me alive

MISLED ENT. BAAAAAAAAABY!

nice one..
    i was thinking about checking it out... thanx for that
    Back like Cooked Crack

Comment

2. Yeah!
      probably one of the best club songs of all time

credibility = lost
      Starring at the world through my rearview

Comment

i love his new album
        If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

[email protected]

'its a deep pan pizza coming up without the base!!'

Comment

Your bunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Practical
            2. Yeah!
            probably one of the best club songs of all time

credibility = lost
            true, it's only spent 6 weeks atop of billboard's hot 100 tracklist... sorry what was i thinking
            i wanna bleed, show the world all that i hide inside
            i wanna scream, let the blood flow that keeps me alive

MISLED ENT. BAAAAAAAAABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony
              true, it's only spent 6 weeks atop of billboard's hot 100 tracklist... sorry what was i thinking
              yah true, that doesnt mean shit you moron. lil jon's beats are horrendous and not a lot of people seem to realize that..

but overall, i think Confessions is nice
              Boston, Massachusetts

Comment

RnB...its not for me.
                Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mariagarcia, Today, 06:25 AM
                7 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post mariagarcia  
                Started by seroibvnyt, Today, 12:47 AM