HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ Exclusive Interview (about Proof & D12, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebizonics
    replied
    ^ ditto

Leave a comment:

• sniper
    replied
    niether can i...i want it now ...

Leave a comment:

• addick
    replied
    Originally posted by sniper
    "I hooked up a track with Proof and Chino XL"

NICE...Thanks for the info, man...
    i heard its comin! i cant wait.

Leave a comment:

• Niels7878
    replied
    nice interview

Leave a comment:

• bugzfreak
    replied
    yea dope!!! good job,. thnx
    pz

Leave a comment:

• sniper
    replied
    "I hooked up a track with Proof and Chino XL"

NICE...Thanks for the info, man...

Leave a comment:

• Lady
    replied
    Aftermathmusic.com:
    DJ Butter told me the same about Obie Trice. "He's a work-horse in the studio." So that's what Aftermath n Shady Records is doin - extremely hard work.

DJ Exclusive:
    Right right. Exactly. Shady and Aftermath represents hard work. Look at Dre, look at Eminem, look at Proof. Look at 50 - he dropped 50 or 60 mixtapes?

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Do you think Game and Banks have the potential to blow up at the moment?

DJ Exclusive:
    Absolutely. Lloyd Banks - of course. The Game - when I heard him 1st, I loved all Game stuff. I heard him years ago and I was bumpin Game stuff. Game isn't new to me. I know he's been around and I knew it - he will definetely be shining.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Yeah Man ... everybody is waitin on Game's album.

DJ Exclusive:
    Me too. Cant wait.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    The state of the game is lookin for a direction. There's been a lot of money lost, you know bootlegging and economics. What's your opinion on the state of the game right now?

DJ Exclusive:
    I think the Rap game is gonna makin a big comeback, because there're artists out there that really wanna work hard. It's time for the real Hip Hop to come back. I mean, Premier was sayin that - This is the year, you know, no more this garbage and stuff. I think these major labels need to use the mixtapes as a promotional tool. After that, use the internet. Make some exclusives and hit the net with em. Make these people want it. If something is hot people gonna buy it. If it's hot, I´m buyin it, but I´m a DJ, I have to buy everything. You know, if someone downloads the tracks and they like it, they gonna buy it. Its just a sample, you know. We have to work with it not against it.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    You told us something about Detroit. What about the Rap scene there?

DJ Exclusive:
    The Detroit Rap scene is on fire right now. Lots of cats doin it right now. Purple Gang is one of them right now. Theyre comin with so much stuff. Purple Gang= T-Flame, Famous, Killa Kaunn, First Born, Jimmy Hoffa- Thats the Purple Gang ... My man Bareda got a hot release out right now - it's called "Wrong is Hale" and it's fire, You know, he's doin his thing. Fat Killaz, Dreadnaughtz, Wolfpack - they doin their thing.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    So there's alot of talent there. Do you think the media is just blinded with Eminem & D-12 and Obie Trice?

DJ Exclusive:
    Yeah. there's so much talent out here in Detroit. Labels lookin for them now. Productions - a lot of people makin beats. Sicknote is killin it, Cysion, Chop yeah There's a lot of people out here, a lot of talent. If its hot, it's gonna be on my mixtapes. My Mixtapes goto all these record labels.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Do you think the 8 Mile movie with Eminem shows the real rap scene in Detroit?

DJ Exclusive:
    Yeah. I mean, it's life like that. Detroit is the Battle capital and is becoming a new Mecca of Hip Hop.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Thats exactly what Obie Trice told me 2 weeks ago. Detroit - a new mecca of Hip Hop.

DJ Exclusive:
    Yup. Thats what it really is. It's so much talent here from Productions, DJ-ing - DJ Payperkutt, Houseshoes and then Slum Village, Wasted Youth. Slum Village's album is comin out soon and its gonna be incredible. Like I said. Detroit is gonna be a new spot and these labels are really looking.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    So, Shady Records is like a Detroit-based label. Em, D12, Obie ... some new cats from Detroit. But I never understood, why Em never signed Royce to Shady.

DJ Exclusive:
    That's the business ...

Aftermathmusic.com:
    DJ Butter was D12's first DJ back in 1999. And now there's a beef. What really happened?

DJ Exclusive:
    Uuum, I dont wanna get too much into it, but you know, the Butter ... I dunno. He's tryin to diss D12 about some stuff and he knows it isn't true. I mean, me and Butter, I dont really know him much. You know, I do roll with proof n them. Thats my people. He wants to mess with them thats his problem. And it will be a problem. I mean, the new track he made is garbage. That was the worst Diss track I heard in my life. Horrible. And Proof came back and ripped him. So, I dont know what he's tryin to accomplish.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What do you think about the beef between him and D12, exspecially Proof?

DJ Exclusive:
    I dont wanna talk shit. That beef thing is not even my thing. I let him doin his stuff. But if he drops something I think is wack, Ill say its wack.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Do you have beef with someone?

DJ Exclusive:
    Right now? No. I´m not tryin to go out there and try to call out DJ's. I´m doin my thing. If DJ's wanna hate on me - they can, you know what I´m sayin? If they hatin, thats good.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What is the highlight in your carreer till now?

DJ Exclusive:
    Uuum, working with Proof, Chino XL, Ali Vegas. This week I´m droppin an Ali Vegas Mixtape. It's done and its fire.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    You heard about these internet rumors, that Ali Vegas may sign to Shady Records?

DJ Exclusive:
    Really? I didnt even hear about that. Wow. Right now he's with Tommy Motola.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Whats the most asked question you get hit with, that you hate to get hit with? I think questions like, what about Em, D12, Proof etc, right?

DJ Exclusive:
    Thats probably what it is. So, 'you working with Proof? so you see Eminem? You know, its crazy the way peeps trip.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Which advices do you have for young artists to make their first step into the music business?

DJ Exclusive:
    Make sure when you drop something ..It's fire. It has to be fire. These cats nowadays just recording, lots of the music is garbage. They get new beats, they drop freestyles and they put em on the streets. And if its not hot you just embarrissing yourself. You ruining your name. Take the time, make quality music and then put it out.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    You're planning a series of mixtapes hosted by the members of D12 as well as a DVD with Proof. Are these mixtapes complete and ready to roll?

DJ Exclusive:
    This DVD is gonna be released very soon. And it's gonna come with a CD Compilation. It's gonna be called "Pyrex". Thats Proof's studio and like I said you know, you have features on it. It's a lot of stuff on it and it's also a CD. So you gonna get a CD and a DVD. A lot of Mixtape CD's are really comin soon, I got a lot of stuff playing. Some of the stuff, I cant even really say, but I can say It's gonna be fire and no one is ready for it, cause it's gonna change a lot of stuff.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    2004 ... what does it hold for DJ Exclusive?

DJ Exclusive:
    I´m looking to start touring really soon. Like I said, I work close to Purple Gang, so me and Purple Gang wanna hit the streets. People need to look out for PG, check the website DJExclusive.net, we'll keep that updated. We really wanna get out there. Look out for the Aftermath Music Mixtape hosted by Proof and DJ Exclusive.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Yup Man. Let's talk about the Aftermath Music Mixtape Vol. 2. What can people expect? YOu know, I dont wanna give out all the info.

DJ Exclusive:
    Expect nothing but the best. Me and Proof are really excited to do it. Its gonna be a lot of nice new exclusives. People are gonna like it a lot. You had good stuff on Vol. 1. Part 2 is gonna feature tracks with Chino XL, Skillz and more. Expect fire, the same thing you can expect from every DJ Exclusive mixtape.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Is there anything else you'd like to say?

DJ Exclusive:
    Just look out for Purple Gang. Look out for D12, Eminem, Shady/Aftermath. We are makin hella noise. T-Flame and Famous, they also doin it. If you cop a DJ Exclusive you gonna have T-Flame and Famous on it. And Proof is gonna make alot of noise, he's gonna be changing the game. Its the 100% next level. Its Lutha! I.F. ta Def.

DJ EXCLUSIVE Q&A:
    Dr. Dre: Hot
    Eminem: Illest
    Proof: Sickest
    D12 World: Fire
    Detroit: On Top
    DJ Exclusive: Uuh (laughs) ... Nice
    DJ Butter: (laughs) ... Silence
    2Pac: Legend
    Aftermathmusic.com: Crazy

Leave a comment:

• Lady
    replied
    Thanks 4 posting the link!

| DJ EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW // March 29th, 2004

Aftermath Music had the chance to hit up DJ Exclusive to discuss the latest happenigs on his life, his mixtapes, his work with Proof & D12 and the beef between DJ Butter and D12. He also speaks on the upcoming Aftermath Music Mixtape Vol. 2.

SHOUT OUTS: listen nowªªªªVisit: DJExclusive.net

Aftermathmusic.com:
    1st off, let's talk about yourself, where do you come from. How Long have you been in the game for?

DJ Exclusive:
    Uum, I grew up in Detroit Michigan. Ive been done mixtapes for over 2 years now. Ive been working in the music industry for 8 years at least. I used to work with Paradime. And now, I´m just working hard doin these mixtapes and me and Proof starting alot of diffenrent projects.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What was it like growing up in Detroit?

DJ Exclusive:
    It was good. We have a Hip Hop Scenes here, lots of shows here, the business is a lil different here. And now there's a big fan base here.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    How did you get into the game? Why the name DJ Exclusive - Where did it come from or who gave you the name?

DJ Exclusive:
    I came to the name Exclusive by myself, 'cause a lot of mixtape DJ's are out there, i dont wanna say names, but they copy music from other DJ's out there. But I´m always gonna have exclusives - meaning it's for me. Like the latest mixtape "Luthaism" we put out, those tracks were givin from them (artists) to me. So if you hear it on other mixtapes, they took it off my shit. So people always know, if you hear tracks on DJ Exclusive mixtapes they're exclusive.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Can you give us a little overview with the stuff you did since the day today?

DJ Exclusive:
    I have probably 20 other mixtapes that are floating around the streets. Ive done a mixtape with King Gordy That was called "Back By The streets". I got one with Bareda from Raw Collection, which is Swifty of D12's group.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Can we expect King Gordy on future release from you?

DJ Exclusive:
    He's definetely gonna be on future releases to come.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    I talked to Gordy and I really like his tracks.

DJ Exclusive:
    Oh yeah. He's hot. You guys can hook up again to do an other interview. He's on Web Entertainemnt. He can send you CD's and T-Shirts for give aways ... that's not a problem.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Yeah. Why not. Thanks. Please, tell us a little bit about producing your mixtapes. How do you choose what tracks will be featured on your tapes?

DJ Exclusive:
    Ok, well, T-Flame and Famous they are features on all my mixtapes. These are 2 artists from Detroit which is now part of Proof's Purple Gang. And before that me and them hooked up. I heard their stuff and I loved it. So you can expect both guys on my mixtapes along with all the other hot shit.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    On your mixtapes - Do you have more the party aspect or the beef aspect like Kay Slay on it?

DJ Exclusive:
    No. I dont worry about the beefs. Like this one we did with Proof this come out because of Benzino. But beefs come out i might put those tracks on there. I had the Game and The Joe Budden tracks like a month ago, I was gonna put em out, but I was just like 'Naaw, cause beef right now it's gettin played out.' You know, too many people used that to get on and take cheap shots to people.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Most of the DJ's don't mix or scratch on their mixtapes. Exclusives, unreleased tracks, Exclusives … What do you think a good mixtape or album needs?

DJ Exclusive:
    I mean, to have a good mixtape it's about the artists and the tracks and how you put em together. A lot of DJ's take all these newest songs and put em on the tape. I like to have more the vibe on it. At the beginning i might wanna make it hype and by the end of my mixtapes there's more mellow stuff. Some of my favourite mixtapes out there are from Tony Touch. I also bump DJ Rectangle. Whoo Kid too.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Rectangle is hot as hell. They way he puts the tracks together ... wow! So you make beats for the mixtapes by yourself?

DJ Exclusive:
    No, right now I´m just doin the mixtapes. There are enough of my people doin the production.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Would you like to produce some European Artists or promote them on your mixtapes?

DJ Exclusive:
    Yeah, thats the next thing I really wanna start. I wanna do something from Detroit to over there. We really wanna get out there soon and do our thing out there. You know, doin lots of collaborations. We are down to do it soon.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Yeah man. My man Raptile from Germany worked with Xzibit and his Strong Arm Steady crew. He's in talks with Stat Quo and G-Unit. I´m gonna send you a track from him soon.

DJ Exclusive:
    Yeah, I`d like to put something together. Definetely.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Let's talk about Aftermath n Shady Records. Tell us a little bit about the atmosphere on Aftermath / Shady.

DJ Exclusive:
    The atmosphere is great. I mean they're on top of the game right now. Everything they doin is right on point. The D12 album is ready to drop and it's incredible. G-Unit is on top, 50 is on top. Em, D12, Obie ... Stat Quo, Game are about to drop. It's a non-stop heat.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    And what do you think about it, that Dr. Dre totally cancelled his album? You know, the fans are really mad right now.

DJ Exclusive:
    Oh man. I cant believe that. I mean, me and the whole world are waiting so long for this record. It was kinda disappointing.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What type of relationship you got to the label Shady Records or Aftermath?

DJ Exclusive:
    I´m just work really close to Proof and Purple Gang. We are working with the other members of D12. We are workin on a mixtape soon. The Swifty mixtape is comin very soon also me and Proof are doin a DVD together.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Working with the Shady artists - Is all of that exciting for you right now?

DJ Exclusive:
    Oh yeah. The stuff we're doin right now is the best time in my life. I have a lot of projects coming out. I´m working with Chino XL right now. He's one of my favourite rappers. Me & Ali Vegas are droppin some shit, I´m working with Proof .. very close. Proof is one of my favourites, he's one of the illest lyricists out there. I hooked up a track with Proof and Chino XL. So it's gonna be some real real ill stuff. People can hear it pretty soon on one of my future releases.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    You said you have the Proof track produced by DJ Muggs. Tell us more.

DJ Exclusive:
    Yeah man. This track is hot. People are just hollering at me, They trippin on Proof right now, cause the tracks on the mixtape. Muggs did a great job and the track is next level.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Whats it like working with Proof in the studio, any different than with other artists you've worked with?

DJ Exclusive:
    Proof is one of the hardest workin person I ever met in my life. He gets stuff done. When I need to get something done I hit him on his 2way, he hits me right back. So I hit him the other day and asked him 'Whats up with the Aftermath Music Mixtape?' Boom. He hit me back 'Let's do it! I´m in the studio.' He gets stuff done and thats what a lot of cats dont do. They sit around and they bullshit 'Ima do this, Ima put out that.' And nothin comes out. I dont sleep at all. And thats the same with Proof. You know .. He's doin it. Working with him is great. We both wanna work hard and we both dont bullshit.

Leave a comment:

• Big Joe
    started a topic DJ Exclusive Interview (about Proof & D12, etc.)

DJ Exclusive Interview (about Proof & D12, etc.)

Aftermath Music had the chance to hit up DJ Exclusive to discuss the latest happenigs on his life, his mixtapes, his work with Proof & D12 and the beef between DJ Butter and D12. He also speaks on the upcoming Aftermath Music Mixtape Vol. 2. » read on

AftermathMusic.com

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by OlmanGrand, Today, 04:12 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post Zavylon
by Zavylon

Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 03:22 AM