Louis Logic Leaves Demigodz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis Logic Leaves Demigodz...

This is kind of old news, but I don't think anybody posted it, so...

Here is Louis Logic's official statement on leaving the Demigodz crew, as posted on http://www.demigodz.com/home.html

Louis Logic:

4:06am March 31, 2004

I recently had an in depth talk with Celph about my plans for the future, and the development of my music career. After I explained to him what was on my mind, he suggested that I make a statement about my intentions as a sort of preemptive clearing of the air, to avert any possible confusion or desire to start off into rumors and endless shit talking about what is happening. I have decided to go my own way, and leave the Demigodz to hold things down without me. This may come as a surprise to some of you, and some of you might not care, but be that as it may, Celph and I agreed that I should explain why Iíve made this decision.

First off, I want to make it clear that this is an artistic initiative not a political one. There is no dispute of any sort, past or present, with the remaining members. To explain, when the Demigodz began, it was born out of a feeling that a united collective of previously associated independent music forces would give us strength in numbers. Undoubtedly, this idea was realized with the completion of the Godz Must Be Crazy EP, and the eventual launch of Demigodz.com. However, I can only speak for myself when I say that I never anticipated my crew association would overshadow my own solo efforts. I do not mean to suggest that my participation in the Demigodz has hurt me as a soloist, but rather that my solo efforts were not derived of my Demigodz affiliation. To put it simply, I spent years developing the louis logic catalogue, and it seems that group association has manifested itself in a chicken versus egg type confusion. It is for this, and a few other reasons I will explain further, that I am parting ways with the Demigodz

Only time will tell where my instincts take me musically, but itís no secret to anyone who has followed the progression of my records that I have drifted from the more traditional battle oriented, boom-bap hip hop sound. It is my hope that I can continue to find new ways to communicate my ideas, and challenge myself artistically. Having recently begun work on my ďSin-A-MaticĒ LP follow up, I am finding that, in fact, Iíve wandered pretty far from the sound that made me so comfortable contributing to the Demigodz aesthetic. To be honest, I donít think I really fit in anymore. Some of the approaches I have found most fulfilling of late even go against the dictums espoused by my associates with regard to experimentation and style. I do not mean to give the impression that there are internal quarrels about these directional evolutions, or that I will never again write a traditional rap song. In actuality, I have not shared any of the new music Iíve worked on with the other members. This shift in gear is a proactive exploration for my own creative peace of mind and focus, not a reactive adjustment.

Lastly, and I hesitate to even bring this up, but because I believe it is something that will inevitably surface as a hidden agenda theory perpetuated by the truly bored, this is not about any of the disputes between Demigodz members and other collectives. My involvement in any ongoing conflicts has been minimal to nonexistent, so there is no need for me to separate myself from them by disassociating with my home team. I will always be, first and foremost, a friend to the members of the Demigodz, and a supporter of their creative musical efforts. It is because of this friendship that it is quite possible I might appear on future works and the occasional stage performance with the remaining Demigodz, and that previously recorded songs will appear from time to time featuring my contributions. I will make every effort to shed some light on the nature of such releases with regular updates on my own website, and I am sure the dedicated staff of Demigodz.com will do the same.

With that said, I would like to close by publicly thanking the members of the Demigodz collective, including the extended team of musicians and the various promoters of the music and artists therein. I have really enjoyed my tenure with the family, and I truly appreciate the support extended to me by the members with whom I had the opportunity to talk prior to this announcement. All future inquiries into my plans and activities should be directed to www.louislogic.com as my section on Demigodz.com will be retired henceforth. Thanks so much for taking the time to sit through my longwinded, quasi-intellectual attempt to explain my way out of any trouble. I hope those of you who are interested in my music will continue to follow my progress. See you at the bar, people. louis logic signing off 5:13am March 31, 2004. (Yes, it took me that long to type a measly five or six hundred words)

-Louis Logic

...I can't wait for this guy's next album :D
    OZ HIP HOP.COM
    THE RAP CELLA

^damn that knida sucks i guess
    but louis is definately dope enough to satnd on his own
    ""I don't Wanna Be Mainstream....
    I Wanna Piss In it!"
    -Copywrite

Comment

^ true true. Cheers for this i was unaware

Comment

Can't wait for the next album

Comment

Not only was he the most different of the Demigodz, but also the best. Hopefully his next album will stand up to the goliath that was "Sin-a-matic."
          NEPatriots 3x World Champions
          UNC Basketball 5x National Champions
          Charlotte Bobcats UHHHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by Luis T.
            Not only was he the most different of the Demigodz, but also the best. Hopefully his next album will stand up to the goliath that was "Sin-a-matic."
            ^^^What he said.

This split is for the better
            Women Are Just Like Magic.......

Ain't Nuthin' But Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by las philosaphy
              ^damn that knida sucks i guess
              but louis is definately dope enough to satnd on his own
              Nah, I agree with Louis and Luis.
              The split is a good idea.
              He's obviously going in a different creative direction as a solo artists, and doesn't feel battle raps are a part of that.
              If "Sin-A-Matic" is anything to go by, he should definately follow the more creative path to his next solo effort... I'm watering at the mouth in anticipation :D
              OZ HIP HOP.COM
              THE RAP CELLA

Comment

Demigodz haven't came out with that many tracks other then the Godz Must Be Crazy EP have they?
                Starring at the world through my rearview

Comment

good decision, especially if he feels that it will hinder him in any way...still will be checking for louis as well as the demigodz....and still waiting for apathy's mainstream debut...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by untrades, Today, 08:05 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post untrades  
                  Started by completeketouk, Today, 07:02 AM