Breaking News: 10 Iraqi's Arrested Over Old Trafford Terrorist Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: 10 Iraqi's Arrested Over Old Trafford Terrorist Threat

10 Iraqi's have been arrested as they were planning what apparently would have been one of the biggest terrorist attacks England has seen. The target was Old Trafford, Home of Manchester United. The date planned was Saturday during the Man Utd/Liverpool game. The nature of the threat has not been released yet but word is it was some sort of bomb attack.

Remember this is breaking news so there's not much on the net about it yet, Just seen it on ITV News. This is 100% real.

Damn it's some scary shit man, I'm there Saturday and could have easily been caught in that shit. Makes you think. Still will be a bit nervous to go up now.
    "and my best white mate, say what's up to Chris" - Jay-Z

XBox Live Gamertag: VaporChris

Holy Shit Chris. Me and my mate were having a conversation before about terrorists and I said that imagine they bombed Old Trafford.

That's bizarre. I'm gonna be on the lookout for dodgy shit at OT tomorrow.

Comment

Hmmm...Intersting.
      "To save the world requires faith and courage: faith in reason, and courage to proclaim what reason shows to be true." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

stupid terrorists! if they're so smart, strng bla bla bla why dont they take off like bush or blair.. not innocent people who got nothin to do with politics..

anyway.. i think u should not get a tiket for saturdays match.. for safety

Comment

wheres the need?
          Cain is for Charlie, and Delta is for Cain

Comment

Taken from BBC...

Ten arrested in anti-terror raids

Ten people have been arrested following a series of anti-terror raids.
            Six men and one woman were arrested in Manchester and the other three elsewhere, police said.

They were arrested under the Terrorism Act 2000 on suspicion of involvement in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

More than 400 police from the Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, West Midlands and South Yorkshire forces took part in the operation.

Security services and the Metropolitan police anti-terrorism branch were also involved.

'Ongoing operation'

The arrested people were of North African or Iraqi Kurd origin, Assistant Chief Constable David Whatton of Greater Manchester Police told BBC News.

This is working against the background that we've never had a such a high level of threat from terrorism in the United Kingdom since some time before Christmas

David Whatton
            Greater Manchester Police

ACC Whatton's interview

He described the arrests and searches as "part of an ongoing operation looking at the threat of terrorism across the whole of the United Kingdom."

He said it would also continue in the future, but "it is something the public has become aware of as we have done some overt activity."

"This is working against the background that we've never had a such a high level of threat from terrorism in the United Kingdom since some time before Christmas," ACC Whatton said.

ACC Whatton said speculation that public buildings in Manchester were targets for terrorists was "extremely unhelpful" and urged the public to be vigilant.

Forensic inspection

Three properties close to Manchester city centre remained cordoned off on Monday afternoon and forensic officers were inspecting them.

The cordon included AK Computers, Dolphins takeaway and Funky Fones on Upper Brook Street.

ACC Whatton said searches would probably continue into Tuesday.

The properties are three storeys high, with the top two storeys of each converted into flats.

Officers in protective clothing had entered the takeaway, while two police officers stood guard at the rear of an upstairs flat.

At the front, four police officers stood around the cordon.

The road outside the flats remains open to traffic.

Police have not said where the 10 people are being held
            Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Yep Ben, It's fucked man I'm gonna keep my eye's open aswell.Most of em were arrested in that "Dolphins Takeaway" so don't be gettin your food from there before the game lol.

Triphat It's easy to say don't go to the game, But Terrorism is intended to install fear into people, I thing it'll be alot better if everyone turns up as normal. Also it's United v Liverpool lol, Can't miss that for shit. Obviously I'll be a bit nervous lol and will now be watching over my shoulder lol. Will be weird lol to see 67,000 people looking up into the sky every 10seconds lol.

Atleast Giggsy will have an excuse this weak when he's lookin up in the air doin fuck all lol. Watch him go bag a hat-trick now I've said that.

Comment

^ LOL,

Thats fucked, if the bombers got in so many people would of been killed, people in the stadium, families etc just trying to have a good time, no doubt first of many attacks to come, but like you say chris you gotta go, everybody just gotta keep living their lives because the attacks could happen pretty much anywhere, theres a article in today's sun about it, prob not much different from the one bri posted but....:

A SUICIDE bomb plot to kill thousands of soccer fans at Saturdays Manchester United-Liverpool match was dramatically foiled yesterday.

Armed cops seized ten terror suspects in dawn raids.

Intelligence chiefs believe al-Qaeda fanatics planned to blow themselves up amid 67,000 unsuspecting supporters. A source said: The target was Old Trafford.

The Islamic fanatics planned to sit all around the ground to cause maximum carnage.

They had already bought the tickets for various positions in the stadium, cops revealed last night.

But armed cops foiled the horrific plot - which could have killed thousands watching Manchester Uniteds home game against Liverpool on Saturday - in a series of dawn raids yesterday.

Ten people were arrested after a massive surveillance operation involving British anti-terror units and American authorities.

A police source said: The plot involved several individual bombers in separate parts of the stadium.

If successful, any such attack would have caused absolute carnage. Thousands of people could have been killed.

The planned attack would have had an instant global impact as the game is being televised worldwide.

More than 400 police swooped yesterday after a major terrorist figure under surveillance moved to Manchester. Police and intelligence organisations believe he came to direct the massacre, which would have been the first al-Qaeda-style outrage in Britain.

Evidence ... forensic expert removes
                items from the building yesterday

Nine men and one woman were arrested all Iraqi Kurds or from North Africa.

Special Branch and the security services had been monitoring their movements and eavesdropping on mobile phone calls for months.

The operation also involved the US National Security Agency and GCHQ, the Governments intelligence listening post.

Seven of the suspects were held in Manchester and one each in South Yorkshire, Staffordshire and the West Midlands.

It is believed all have links to extremist Islamic organisations. They were being quizzed at separate police stations around North West England last night.

But it was unclear whether any explosives or weapons had been recovered.

Bombers planning the Old Trafford massacre would have run the risk of being searched going into the ground before the 3pm kick-off.

Manchester United said away fans and those sitting in the higher tiers were frisked.

The identities and details of the suspects remained top secret last night even to many of those involved in the operation.

One of the raids was at a flat above Dolphins takeaway in Upper Brook Street, near Manchester University. The area has a large ethnic community with many properties converted into bedsits.

Irfaan Arif, who lives in a nearby flat, said: I was woken at 4am, looked out of the window and saw a lot of armed police. There was loads of banging and shouting.

The three-storey Dolphins building was cordoned off along with next-door properties housing AK Computers and Funky Fones.

Forensic experts in protective clothing moved in after the initial search teams.

A police spokesman confirmed: A number of search warrants were executed under the Terrorism Act 2000. Ten people have been arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism.

We appreciate the public interest in this but are unable to provide more specific details at this stage.

Greater Manchesters Assistant Chief Constable Dave Whatton said: It was an anti-terrorism operation that has been going on for some time and it will continue in the future.

This is the first action that the public have become aware of as it is overt. It is set against the background of an increased threat level across the country.

The addresses raided will continue to be searched for some time. It is a complex inquiry.

And he appealed: Because of the national heightened threat levels we would still ask people to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity to police.

Sheikh Mohammed bal Qadri, deputy director of a mosque in Upper Brook Street, said he did not believe any of his members were among those being held.

He added: Since September 11 we have been very vigilant, as mosques should be.

If I see a person who is new, I ask him why he is here and what he is doing and ask these kind of questions.

We are against these evil acts. In the religion of Islam we have tolerance. The raids follow revelations last week that police in Manchester had raised their terror alert level.

More than 50 officers were moved from regular duties to work on a task force committed to combating terrorism.

Police have also conducted detailed surveys of land around Manchester Airport to identify sites which could be used to launch missiles attacks on aircraft.

Manchester Central MP Tony Lloyd said yesterday: Clearly this is one of the most difficult levels of policing. But when police get the information to act successfully the whole of the British public will applaud their actions.

Comment

damn thats crazy

Comment

i say its prolly some liverpool fans.
                    the criminal cop killin hiphopvillan

Comment

football stadiums - best target for terrorism in the uk
                      welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
                      but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

Comment

who cares about old trafford, a little bombing wouldnt heart anyone

Comment

^^^ Theres always one isn't there!

Comment

who cares about old trafford, a little bombing wouldnt heart anyone
                            Grow Up.

Comment

Yeah I heard that, although I heard that the police are not confirming it. Fucking scary though!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 09:59 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WesleyDrake  
                              Started by SamueleRiley, Today, 02:24 AM
                              1 response