Tarantino Presents Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantino Presents Hero

In a surprising interview with Fangoria magazine, Tarantino revealed, that he battled with Miramax (who holds the rights to Zhang Yimou's HERO) to finally release the film (which is almost 2 years old now, and hasn't gotten ANY attention from Miramax, who already had edited the film down to 95 minutes - a version that was also shown all over Europe), and to top it, he convinced Miramax to release it in its original version, which is over 120 minutes long.

This is what Tarantino said (the entire interview will be in the April 16 Issue of Fangoria Magazine)

"And I am very proud to do that," Tarantino tells Fangoria Magazine. "I had to fight for it with Miramax. I think they lost faith in it and everything. And I thought that HERO was an absolute masterpiece, so I fought with them not to cut it. Not to bring it down, but to keep it the same length as when I saw it. And finally they agreed if I would present it. So I got in touch with Zhang Yimou and he was cool with that. Yeah, he was as happy as a clam. So that's what I am doing—it's pretty much what I did for IRON MONKEY."

The Film will released in New York and LA this June.

This Movie Was On the Previews For "Kill Bill 2" Shit Looked Insane.
    If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

yea i saw this movie about 1 1/2 yrs ago... it is an incredible flick and i love the fact that Tarantino is standing up against these movie big wigs... they screwed him over with Natural Born Killers, but with all his success, they've been treating him as the golden boy, which i 100% agree with... Hero is a great flick (not the old flick with Dustin Hoffman) and i def cant wait to see it in the theater.....

and by the way... Kill Bill 2 was just amazing! another classic Tarantino flick!

Comment

i concur
      -FREE PSP- Just sign up and complete one easy offer that costs no money. IT REALLY WORKS, trust me ive doen it b4

Comment

oh shit!

Comment

God that movie looks sick..

I'm a swordsman, the apocalypse horseman
          What makes me smile is another's misfortune.

Comment

Heh, I'm downloading the DVD-Rip right now. This is the Hero with Jet Li in it, correct? Has the Chinese title of Ying Xiong.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299977/

http://www.herothemovie.com/trailer/index.htm

Trailers and website.
            Who the hell do you think I am?!

Comment

Thanks...
              "To save the world requires faith and courage: faith in reason, and courage to proclaim what reason shows to be true." - Bertrand Russell

Comment

yeah Kill Bill Vol. 2 was insane. I loved it. We went to the first showin at the movie theatre.
                I'm making a D12World comeback

Comment

I'm usually not into the whole unrealistic, flying, bullshit movies such as Crouching Tiger: Hidden Dragon, but this one does look amazing, probably because I'm a fan of Jet Li, can't wait until it comes out in theatres. But without shadow of a doubt, Quentin Tarantino is The God. Do you know what they call a quarter pound with cheese in Paris?
                  ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

I saw this few years ago. I think it's good that he is fighting for it because no one else appreciates this shit enough to release it here but i don't like the fact that they put his name in the title like he had somthing to do with the making of the film, because he didn't.
                    Phenom

Comment

i heard of it...i heard it was crazy...

Comment

I like Tarantino and Kill Bill, but Kung Fu movies fucking blow.
                        Originally posted by Mycall
                        You're in "college".

And have no lack of maturity.
                        Originally posted by RSolo101
                        btw u just jelous u cant grow facial hair? lol i could grow a full beard if i really wanted to jsut to let u kno aight

Comment

Originally posted by komacyde
                          But without shadow of a doubt, Quentin Tarantino is The God
                          you are 100% correct on that... Tarantino is a great role model for anyone who wants to get into writing, directing and/or producing (like me).... not many people know this, but he wrote the original script for Natural Born Killers (a classic either way, even though his script was massively raped by Oliver Stone AND the studio). Tarantino told the studio he wanted nothing to do with it and he wanted his name taken out of the credits... to this day you can still read Tarantino's original NBK's script online... and of course, it is incredible! the only place you will see Tarantino's name when it comes to the credits is where it says Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino.

Originally posted by M
                          I saw this few years ago. I think it's good that he is fighting for it because no one else appreciates this shit enough to release it here but i don't like the fact that they put his name in the title like he had somthing to do with the making of the film, because he didn't.
                          yea i also saw this movie awhile ago.. about a year and a half ago... like i said earlier, this is a great movie.. i really enjoyed it. and i hear what you're saying about having Tarantino's name attached to the movie, but if you think about it, if it wasnt for Quentin this movie wouldnt even be getting a decent release by Miramax... it will help the movie more than hurt it by having Quentin Tarantino's name attached to it.... shit, Miramax wanted to chop it up and have it down to 90 some minutes but Quentin, being the Miramax 'golden boy', was able to make sure they left it completely untouched, which is great...... i know it's false advertising when you have his name attached to something like this, but like i said, it can only help the film get the attention is deserves because it really is a great movie.

Comment

tarentino produced the american release of hero? thats what he did with Iron Monkey, which he had nothing to do with as far as creating the picture...

Comment

Tarantino is a brilliant writer.
                              Originally posted by Mycall
                              You're in "college".

And have no lack of maturity.
                              Originally posted by RSolo101
                              btw u just jelous u cant grow facial hair? lol i could grow a full beard if i really wanted to jsut to let u kno aight

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by xhyperghusa, Today, 02:27 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xhyperghusa  
                              Started by xhyperghusa, Today, 02:26 AM
                              0 responses