Folder in HDD after using Checkdisk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder in HDD after using Checkdisk

If none of the above-mentioned methods worked, you can try to do a repair install of Windows XP. This basically replaces all of the Windows system files with the originals while leaving your applications and settings intact. However, you will have to reapply all Windows updates.

Doing a repair install is pretty easy. Follow the same steps to get into the Recovery Console, but instead of pressing R to repair, press Enter to setup Windows.

Note that it may look like Windows is actually reinstalling a fresh copy of itself, but this is not the case! You’ll see the install screens as if you were to do a fresh install, but don’t worry, you’ll still have all of your applications, settings, and data when it finishes.

Hopefully you now have a working computer! If you are getting stuck somewhere, etc, post a comment and I’ll try. Enjoy!

Comment

Furthermore, this software has the ability to recover more than 300 different types of files including photo, audio, video, documents, etc. Besides, one can modify your scanning process by adding or editing file signatures of the files. This software can get back missing files on Windows 10 and other Windows OS including Windows Vista, Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, 2003, 2008, etc. after running Chkdsk utility. It supports to recover missing files after chkdsk from the hard drive of several types like SATA, SCSI, IDE, PATA, etc, external hard drive, USB flash drive, Pen drive, etc. Once the scanning process gets completed, you can preview the restored data to check software efficiency. Additionally, with the help of this award-winning software, you can restore files from the computer that won't boot due to various reasons like MBR corruption, a sudden power surge, virus attacks, etc.

Comment

Today, I’ll show you how to run Windows Check Disk (chkdsk) to find and fix the filesystem and drive sector errors. Sometimes Windows may alert you to errors on your hard drive, or your computer may be just running slow and crashing, so I’ll show you what to do in this situation. If you’ve lost access to your desktop and can’t get past the blue boot screen, so I’ll also show you how to run Check Disk (chkdsk) from the Advanced Boot Menu.

Comment

We recommend running chkdsk every few months as part of routine maintenance along with using a S.M.A.R.T. tool for drives that support it. You should also consider running it any time Windows has shut down abnormally—such as after a power loss or system crash. Sometimes Windows will automatically run a scan during startup, but most often you’ll have to do it yourself. Even if you’re just having strange problems with apps not loading or crashing that you haven’t been able to resolve another way, you might consider checking the disk.

Comment

In Windows 7, when you click the “Check now” button, you’ll see a dialog that lets you choose a couple of extra options—namely whether you also want to automatically fix file system errors and scan for bad sectors. If you want to perform the most thorough disk check, go ahead and select both options and then click “Start.” Just be aware that if you add a sector scan to the mix, checking the disk can take quite a while. It may be something you want to do when you don’t need your computer for a few hours.

Comment

How can I fix an unknown hard drive that has not been initialized on Windows 10/8/7? I have connected a WD external hard drive via USB and it is not recognized in Windows Explorer. Tested hard disk management showing hard disk as "Unknown" and "Not initialized". Sourceologist I don't want to lose any data, they contain all my family photos, please help me. Three unknown and uninitialized hard drives Windows Disk Management displays an error: unknown hard drive that has not been initialized to hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, flash drive, SD card, etc. Hard ...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Doro, Today, 08:46 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Doro
              by Doro