Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Buck - Straight Outta Cashville [HipHopDX Review]

Young Buck - Straight Outta Cashville

Young Buck’s “Straight Outta Cashville” is an experiment of sorts, as it is the Shady/Aftermath camp’s first soirée below the Mason-Dixon line. The one-time Cash Money millionaire was the fourth official member of the G-Unit camp that seems to be growing by the month. Coming on the heels of 50 Cent and Lloyd Banks the pressure is on Buck to keep the ball rolling both in terms of sales and fan approval. Unlike the previous G-Unit albums, Buck does not use any in-house production. To some surprise, he keeps it all down south.

The funny thing is, it really doesn’t bear the signature of the south too heavily. It actually sounds like what you might get if the Shady camp tried to make an album with down south appeal, which I guess it is in a sense but they didn’t actually produce it; real southern cats did. Something tells me the executive producer was in full effect here. Rambling done, the entire album can really be encapsulated in the opening track “I’m A Soldier.” A serviceable but unspectacular beat, a catchy and violent hook, and Buck spitting ghetto imagery, plus some threats. While this is essentially what 50 and Lloyd did, Buck doesn’t make it work the way they did. Where 50 and Banks have good flows and likable charisma, Buck is just kind of there and rarely adds anything interesting to songs. In some cases, he actually takes away from a song such as the mind-blowing “Thou Shall.” Just an incredible beat butchered horribly by Buck, for real, this is just a travesty. It is still the best track on the album due to the beat, but damn.

There is some other good stuff here, “Black Gloves” works nicely, as does the controversial “Stomp” with the show-stealing Ludacris. “Walk With Me” is cool, and Stat Quo certainly shows some promise. “Let Me In” is pretty good for what it is, but it is just too cookie cutter for me to like it. But for the good there is also the trash like “Taking Hits” and the laughable “Shorty Wanna Ride.” “Bang Bang” could have been dope, but the sample really wasn’t flipped very well at all. What you have in the end is a very average album that is fairly boring from front to back. Even with the obvious flaws of the albums from 50 and Banks, both were put together in a way to make them seem better than they really were. “Straight Outta Cashville” does not possess that same quality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from HipHopDX.com

Thanks ameen 4 dat
    Gimme a good rep point and leave ya name,and i'll leave you 1.

Comment

Personally...I loved the Young buck cd...didn't expect much from it... I downloaded the cd before it was released...bumped it all the time...loved it and went out and bought it the day it came out....in my humble opinion...it was better than Banks cd...but i'm a huge Buck fan...best part of banks' cd was Work Magic...cause, well Buck was on it

Comment

Thanx for the review, I think Buck`s cd is more than just average. I like most of the songs on his cd. On Banks`s cd the best song was Work Magic in my opinion, just because of Buck`s part just like ShadyMakaveli11 says.

Comment

his album is tha best evaaaaaaaa

Comment

yes, I`ve read other reviews where they were very positive about buck`s album. It aint the best record of the year, but it deserves more than just 3 outta 5

Comment

I tried to listen to it today. I failed miserably.
              Originally posted by ruff
              De kronic, you are the biggest idiot on this board to date..congrats (^)

Comment

Awww bucks looks soooooooooooooooooooo sexy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyMakaveli11
                  Personally...I loved the Young buck cd...didn't expect much from it... I downloaded the cd before it was released...bumped it all the time...loved it and went out and bought it the day it came out....in my humble opinion...it was better than Banks cd...but i'm a huge Buck fan...best part of banks' cd was Work Magic...cause, well Buck was on it
                  yea i felt hesitant for 2 months on gettin the cd and didnt think it would be even close to this great, unbelievable underated artist

Comment

Ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyy yy word!!!!
                    I'm the Mujahideen and I'm making a scene! now your gonna feel what the boom boom mean like tupac said when i die i aint dead we are the matyr's you are squashed tomatoes

Comment

Straight Outta Cashville>>>>Get Rich and Hunger For More

it was the best produced outta the too and was lyrically the best imo

Comment

Innit bre.
                        I'm the Mujahideen and I'm making a scene! now your gonna feel what the boom boom mean like tupac said when i die i aint dead we are the matyr's you are squashed tomatoes

Comment

Yeah.

Buck is, in my opinion the best member out of G-Unit. I ain't heard much from Yayo yet but i think that SOC was a great album. Ill beats, Ill ryhmes.

Comment

Fuck Yayo buckz tha best!!!!!!!!!

Comment

^wurd.....but The Game is the best artist on G-Unit Records

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:41 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 04:45 AM