A very good thing about 50 Cent that a lot of people overlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very good thing about 50 Cent that a lot of people overlook

50 Cent can be extremely cocky but one thing where his arrogance doesn't spill over is he doesn't have the superior attitude of a lot of people in the New York hip hop scene even though he's from there. He doesn't turn his nose up at the West Coast, the South, or the Midwest when it comes to hip hop music. It's funny how the way many political raps describe police and whites is similar to the way the New York hip hop scene can be described in terms of the rap game. Now first of all, I'm not talking about the city itself, in fact its my favorite city, I have family there and I frankly like it 10 times better than the one I live in. I wouldn't mind moving there. I mean the New York hip hop scene, it can be very narrow-minded and exclusive. For all his flaws, 50 Cent is not like that. Probably the most progressive big name rapper from New York when it comes to that.
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

that's true, i think he pointed that out himself many times
    "The glock stay on me and the knife's for backup, I'm comin to the Vibe Awards, I dare you to act up!"- Young Buck

Comment

that is true...it gets overlooked because his wack music and pompous personality are more salient...

Comment

Props, it's true and it takes TRUE talent to look beyond yours and discover new artist from all over america. east,west,north & south.
        ...Clickity Clank, Clickity Clank
        the money goes into my Piggy Bank...

Comment

^It isn't very hard to look past 50's talent to be honest though.
          Originally posted by Tanner
          sill not seeing whats wrong with loving a bitch who blew my enemy I was 300 lbs and my first piece of pussy was getting banged out by my enemy. I was desperate.
          TE]

Comment

Originally posted by Neutron
            Props, it's true and it takes TRUE talent to look beyond yours and discover new artist from all over america. east,west,north & south.

aside from the original members of G-Unit, who else did 50 discover? The Game? No, he was signed to Aftermath already and furthermore he was discovered by JT The Bigga Figga...

Olivia? I don't know who discovered her, but she came out with an album like 4-5 years ago on a commercial level (she's probably best known for her song, "bizounce")...this was way before 50 signed to shady/aftermath and way before millions of people knew who 50 was...

Young Buck? He was rolling with Juvenile, thats how 50 met him...Hence, the "UTP" shoutouts on "Blood Hound"...

he's not discovering them, he's just bringing them back out because they didn't get far originally...

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
              aside from the original members of G-Unit, who else did 50 discover? The Game? No, he was signed to Aftermath already and furthermore he was discovered by JT The Bigga Figga...

Olivia? I don't know who discovered her, but she came out with an album like 4-5 years ago on a commercial level (she's probably best known for her song, "bizounce")...this was way before 50 signed to shady/aftermath and way before millions of people knew who 50 was...

Young Buck? He was rolling with Juvenile, thats how 50 met him...Hence, the "UTP" shoutouts on "Blood Hound"...

he's not discovering them, he's just bringing them back out because they didn't get far originally...
              Yeah but they didn't get the exposure they wanted, Olivia because she's a woman and Buck because he's from the South, both of which are poison to the hip hop establishment in New York. But 50, a big New York industry rapper with a skill for marketing and a more open-minded attitude, made Buck blow up to platinum status and is probably gonna do the same thing with Olivia. I think if he keeps this up he'll be more remembered for getting rid of the old guard in hip hop than his music.
              "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Luciano
                Yeah but they didn't get the exposure they wanted, Olivia because she's a woman and Buck because he's from the South, both of which are poison to the hip hop establishment in New York. But 50, a big New York industry rapper with a skill for marketing and a more open-minded attitude, made Buck blow up to platinum status and is probably gonna do the same thing with Olivia. I think if he keeps this up he'll be more remembered for getting rid of the old guard in hip hop than his music.

ok, but 50 didn't discover them...what you just said i basically summed up in my previous post: "he's not discovering them, he's just bringing them back out because they didn't get far originally"...

the issue at hand now is whether 50 discovered them...i already stated that your first post was true...however, 50 did not discover these artists; they either were signed already, signed and dropped an album or discovered by other people...

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                  ok, but 50 didn't discover them...what you just said i basically summed up in my previous post: "he's not discovering them, he's just bringing them back out because they didn't get far originally"...

the issue at hand now is whether 50 discovered them...i already stated that your first post was true...however, 50 did not discover these artists; they either were signed already, signed and dropped an album or discovered by other people...
                  Well, I wasn't the one who said 50 discovered them so I guess this is not my argument. I was simply saying that his contribution to their success is important even though they were around before he signed them. He doesn't really "discover" artists like say Dre does, but he makes struggling artists blow up and some of them are the kind of artists the industry would overlook if they didn't have the backing of an uncharacteristically open-minded New York industry rapper/label owner. That's all I was saying.

Comment

yeah but anyone signed to G-Unit does pretty well regardless of wether he found them or they flopped originally or whateva.
                    R.I.P. Proof
                    1973-2006

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Gornawil, 04-13-2021, 12:58 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Franok