Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Review Of 50 Cent’s “The Massacre” Track-By-Track

1. Intro - Weird, that’s all I can say.
    2. In My Hood - Good song, good beat, average lyrics. Definitely one of my favorites off of the album.
    3. This Is 50 - bad, seems like a filler track to me. The lyrics suck, and I hate the beat.
    4. I'm Supposed To Die Tonight - Good song, good production, and good lyrics, though I could imagine that Eminem ghostwrote the chorus because I can so imagine Eminem singing the exact same chorus on one of his songs
    5. Piggy Bank - Ah, the long awaited diss towards Jadakiss, Fat Joe, and Nas for working with Ja Rule. What 50 says about the Terror Squad shit not selling and 50's shit selling is FACT, but the fact that 50 mentions that Fat Joe supposedly thought that "Lean Back was In Da Club" is lame, c'mon, EVERYBODY was leaning back to that song, even though they probably weren't feeling True Story! The shot at Jada was weak, "I'll do yo ass like Jay did Mobb Deep", c'mon! I respect Mobb Deep, but they aren't the most lyrically talented rappers out there, 2Pac considered himself on a higher level than them, ANYONE can murder Mobb Deep, except for maybe Benzino. Finally, the diss towards Nas and Kelis is lame too, who gives a fuck that they got married? Nas is a legend and 50 is digging himself an early grave to take a shot at him. Jada-Fat Joe-Nas disses aside, the beat is pretty good, and the chorus is VERY catchy, that's about the only good parts this song has.
    6. Gatman and Robin featuring Eminem - OK I guess. The beat is pretty good, and Eminem's verse is good, 50's verses are just average. Definitely not the song to top GRODT's "Patiently Waiting".
    7. Candy Shop featuring Olivia - Ah, the current #1 song in America. The beat is great, considering that it is produced by Mr. Scott Storch. The lyrics sound just like 50/Olivia copying Ja/Ashanti, 50 even says "Between me and you"! Coincidence? I think not! The only other good this song brings is a catchy hook. Other than that, an average song.
    8. Outta Control - Good song, good beat, and great lyrics! I see "#1 hit" for this song! Why couldn't 50 make more songs like this one for this album?
    9. Get In My Car - Hate it. Hate the beat, hate the lyrics, seems like yet another filler track.
    10. Ski Mask Way - Good beat, average hook, and average lyrics. Don't exactly love this track, but I don't hate it either. I have to give props to 50 for the breakdown, it's not half bad.
    11. A Baltimore Love Thing - Don't exactly like the beat. Verses are OK, the hook sucks. Even "Candy Shop" was better than this. Add this to my list of fillers.
    12. Ryder Music - Good beat. Lyrics and hook are good; though I'm not sure I'll be riding to this song.
    13. Disco Inferno - The song that officially began the hype for "The Massacre". Awesome beat, the lyrics are good, and the hook is great. Not exactly an "In Da Club" topper (that honor would go to "Outta Control" IF it gets dropped as a single) but a great club/party record.
    14. Just A Little Bit - Yet another song on this album produced by Scott Storch, this one has a good beat, the lyrics are so-so, the hook is catchy. It's an OK song.
    15. Gunz Come Out - Good beat and lyrics, but I am getting tired of 50 rapping about guns all the time. I like the other guy on the hook (the guy who says "What What" and "Ya'll *****'s know), he sounds cool!
    16. My Toy Soldier featuring Tony Yayo - The track that I feel is the best on the whole CD. A great beat put together by Eminem, 50 finally delivers energy backed up by Tony Yayo, who also delivers energy. Great to see Yayo back with G Unit.
    17. Position Of Power - So-so beat, hate the hook and lyrics. Yet another filler track.
    18. Build You Up - Good beat, love the hook and 50's flow on this song, even though he is rapping about the girls on this song. I also love the appearance of Jamie Foxx on this song. The only problem: too short! 2:55?!!! WTF?!!!
    19. God Gave Me Style - Great to hear 50 rhyming about the Lord on this song. Love the beat, the hook and 50's flow. Good song!
    20. So Amazing featuring Olivia - Ah, the other 50/Olivia track on this album. Beatwise, it's good, I love the beat. I feel Olivia delivers more power on this song than she does on "Candy Shop", but she sounds like Ashanti! 50's flow is good, even though it is yet another song for the ladies.
    21. I Don't Need 'Em - Hate the beat, the lyrics, I just HATE this song! Another song for the filler bin.
    22 - Hate It Or Love It Remix featuring G Unit - Game's second single from "The Documentary" remixed with a new Game verse and verses from G Unit. I will rate each member's verses individually:

50 Cent: nothing special, since he has virtually the same lyrics for this remix that he did on the original version except he says "thought It'd be changed, staying the same" instead of "Enough of me ni99a now listen to Game". I have to say 50's verses were so-so on the original version, since Game delivered more power in his verses than 50 did.

The Game: different verse on this version than on the original, I love it! I also like the part that Game says about Irv, Ashanti and Ja. This verse is just as good, if not, better than his verses on the original version.

Lloyd Banks: Just your typical verse from Lloyd Banks, good but not great. I wish Banks would start showing some energy and emotion in his music instead of holding back.

Tony Yayo: OK, I guess. Nothing special, seeing that Yayo has had other verses where he showed energy and power (like "My Toy Soldier").

Young Buck: Good, but not great. I love the part about Buck saying he took the bullets out of 50.

Overall, I feel this CD might be worth downloading if you are broke. It's worth buying only if you can get a few dollars off of the CD (I traded in some CDs to get it) if you are a die hard groupie fan of 50 and G Unit, or you just want to support 50 and G Unit by buying this CD. Definitely not a good CD by any means, even Eminem's "Encore" and Ja Rule's "R.U.L.E." were much better CDs than "The Massacre". I feel that this CD could have been better if 50 did more collaborations with his G Unit posse.
    Originally posted by On The Shelf
    rofls you dont wanna get caught in one of them row by shootings lol
    LMFAO
    BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!

I agree with you on "My Toy Soldier", but not "Get In My Car". I think that's an awesome hi-tek beat.
    And the guy you're talkin about in "Gunz Come Out", umm - It's 50 on the hook sayin that. At least I think it is. It sounds just like him. I think if 50 had more guest features he would've had a better album.
    formerly shadyhustler

Comment

yeah i agree good album "outta control" and "my toy soldier" my 2 favroute songs cant wait to hear if its gonna be a single-album rating 8.5/10
      [COLOR=Red]UNDERDOGG ARMY

Nobby_Shady-----metahman

Comment

yeah get in my car is ill, old scool witty fitty

Comment

how is baltimore love thing filler? Its the only creative song/good song on that cd.
          you can't spell thugs without hugs

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Monret, Today, 03:10 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Monret