HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"50 and The grammy's why he says he will never attend again in His music Career"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "50 and The grammy's why he says he will never attend again in His music Career"

I found this article about 50 and the grammys and why he did what he did check it out:

50 Cent has finally explained his strange behaviour at the Grammy Awards, vowing to boycott the annual event from now on.

The rapper, who had the highest selling album in the U.S. last year, walked to the microphone when the winner of the best new artist was announced at the show in early February. Only he didn't receive the honour -- it went to rockers Evanescence.

"I feel like I got jerked at the Grammys because I'm aggressive," he told MuchMusic in an interview in London which aired Wednesday. "I don't understand how (Evanescence) get best new artist. I will never go back to the Grammy Awards ever in my career."

He blamed his loss on Grammy "politics."

50 Cent's behaviour confused many. Even Evanescence lead singer Amy Lee was startled by his presence on the stage, exclaiming "Oh, what did I do?" at the start of her acceptance speech.

But 50 Cent's boycott is hardly original. Other rappers have snubbed and criticized the Grammys for various reasons.

In the 1980s, rappers Salt 'n' Pepa, Kid 'n' Play and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince boycotted the event because the rap category was not televised.

And Jay Z has ignored the show since 1999, arguing the awards don't adequately celebrate hip hop and rap. Eminem blew off attending the 1999 show although he returned a few years later to perform a duet with Elton John.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think what 50 did was right or do you think he was wrong and getting big headed?"

--post your replies----
    I know you like my style,

you like how I brake it down,

wanna get rich I'll show you how

" 50 Cent"

Whoopty Doo
    Oh its true, its true

Comment

hes rich so he dont give a fuck i think its true though i mean 50 cent is a lopt better then some lame fake ass rock punk named everescence or wutever u spell it. had 1 hit single and rest sucks dick. i dont even like the hit i think its a no talented lame rockstar.
      50 all the way
      keyboard warrior at its finest
      most truthfully
      snap your neck in a heart beat
      run for the hills asap, afraid geek
      omfg rofl kid need to slit wrist asap son

Comment

yea...i saw that on much music....he also said some shit like...how can i have the highest selling album of 2003 and not get a grammy...then he went on and said that its because of his "violent image" that he didnt get a grammy...i agree with him on some things but to me he sounds like a sore loser

Comment

Evanescence= a rock group with a lead singer who sings more than gracefully
          50 cent= a bullet riddled failure who's only boost to stardom came on the shoulders of a bleach blonde

You tell me who was more deserving of a Grammy. Simply because you were the center of a mindless craze does not make you the best new artist. 50 is really beginning to believe he is talented and deserving of awards, that is so sad. Hilary Duff is more deserving of a Grammy than Curtis "i've been shot, stabbed and slapped with no revenge but I'm still a 'thug' give me a deal and awards" Jackson. And if his "violent past" had any affect on the Grammy politics he would not have been nominated or invited to attend the event. He recieved nothing because he worked hard on nothing. Beats provided by Dre, the best verse on the album was by Eminem, and media buzz provided by Eminem and countless insults to Ja Rule. As remedial as the Grammy's are I find no fault in their actions concerning 50 cent. He refuses to attend anymore Grammy events simply because he made a total 200 pound ass of himself on national television and got nothing for it but a brisk 20 second walk back to his seat in a childish tantrum. If only Bet and Mtv had the testicular empowerment to unplug the teeny booper penis' from their rectums and have a respectable awards show without the topless wonder parading onstage every 5 minutes for awards and performances.
          If I say "Fuck 50" 80 people with names like "G-unitgangsta, Banksluv,Yayofluffanutta,and Shadyfinching" calling me a Budden or Inc. groupie.
          Does anyone but me not see the humor in that lol

Comment

i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

you're a fucking idiot lol
              50 didn't even deserve a nomination.
              Proud Member Of The D12 World G.W.S
              "Put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony." - Proverbs 23:2

Comment

I apologize Miller boy I didnt mean to offend you by stating the obvious truth about your talentless idol. Perhaps next time I will insult your mother to avoid hitting so close to home with you. And I agree with you totally, I have seen the light, 50 should have definitely won that award. What was I thinking assuming that an award was based simply on talent, entertainment, skill, and enjoyment. Its clearly obvious the Grammy's are based on the genre itself and rap, being the superior genre it is, should have given Curtis that final boost to victory. Damned "sissy homosexual EMO rock band Evanescence", how dare they win that award. Having a single that is played in virtually every corner of the globe is no reason to win a Grammy over a muscular black man who can withstand 9 shots, a stab wound, and a punch but could never gather the manhood to strike back. How dare they? What was I thinking to assume a building full of rock bands, R&B artists, rappers, and celebrities were there to attend and take part in a fair competition. Next year's Grammy award should be hosted and sponsored by XXL and Interscope, no one listens to Evanescence regardless the fact they maintain heavy rotation on Contemporary Hit Radio formats and have remained on Top 40 charts with each single. I bow to your unlimited wisdom oh biased one.

P.S. I find it odd that you would call me a "honkey" without knowing what my true nationality is, but also you have a white man in your avatar that I'm very sure you are quite fond of. Do you think before speaking or does your mind simply ejaculate verbal garbage and hopes that your mouth formulates a witty response with what its given.
                If I say "Fuck 50" 80 people with names like "G-unitgangsta, Banksluv,Yayofluffanutta,and Shadyfinching" calling me a Budden or Inc. groupie.
                Does anyone but me not see the humor in that lol

Comment

he was stupid for doing it, and it definitely reflects a lot on his maturity...but then again, this is the grammies, and like most other major award shows, people will get snubbed...

i don't know about 50 winning best new artist, when 1. he's not new (he has been doing commercial songs with commercial record labels since like 1998; probably before that too) and 2. get rich or die trying was an overrated album...it was ok at best...beg for mercy was horrible though...

if the grammies had a category for most overrated rapper of the year, 50 should win...

Comment

Well, has anyone listened to the Evanescence album? My sister keeps listening to it and there is 2 songs on it.. My Immortal and the others, I mean when all their songs sound the same on their album except for My Immortal you gotta wonder why they won best new artist. But Amy Lee definitly is talented, she better find a new band tho.

Now about 50, used to like him quite a lot, but I was really disapointed with Beg For Mercy, anyway what he did was childish but at least he made his opinion clear which imo is what matters. He maybe did not deserve to win, but Evanescence didnt deserve to win either so ya.. and I admit get rich or die tryin was overrated but to say it was average? Nah it was a good album, just not as good as most people think, at least that's what I think.

Comment

hahah 50 doesnt realise that the grammays arnt about quantity but about quality
                      poor dude
                      hes a fag anyway
                      cant wait to see him gone

Comment

50's a sore loser, how else can anyone explain it? The Grammy's aren't about big egos, it's about cheering other artists on and supporting the music community.

Someone should tell 50 life isn't all about winning, especially when you don't deserve it because every single song of his is about "gangsta" shit. Get over man, we're tired of your un-original (yet catchy) songs. I bought Beg For Mercy and was sorely disappointed. I can accept that one album (I liked Get Rich Or Die Trying!) is about his past, but to keep on harping on about it and repeating the same old shit, is just dumb.

/end rant

Comment

lol what the fuck are goth/punk rock idiots doing on this site anyway? don't you people have to go think about killing yourself right about now? you are all childish so get fucked, the grammies are shit anyway, 50 didn't deserve one, he doesn't even need one, man i wish i could make a hundred million off one album, i mean, if you people don't like rap, and " gangsta shit" fuck off, go find an evenescence site and talk about them there, because this isn't for rock punk idiots..fuck you all. And i hear all you saying 50 is talentless and shit, well look where his "no talent" got him, you people have to stop hating, and as for ja rule winning the grammy, hahahahaha.
                          EII
                          Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique
                          Nothin's Equivalent...

Comment

Originally posted by InsaKure
                            lol what the fuck are goth/punk rock idiots doing on this site anyway? don't you people have to go think about killing yourself right about now? you are all childish so get fucked, the grammies are shit anyway, 50 didn't deserve one, he doesn't even need one, man i wish i could make a hundred million off one album, i mean, if you people don't like rap, and " gangsta shit" fuck off, go find an evenescence site and talk about them there, because this isn't for rock punk idiots..fuck you all. And i hear all you saying 50 is talentless and shit, well look where his "no talent" got him, you people have to stop hating, and as for ja rule winning the grammy, hahahahaha.
                            let me start by saying this,
                            you dont know bout gangsta shit.
                            you live at home wit mommy,
                            probably still up on her tit.
                            I've seen the rhymes you kick,
                            a gap gangsta, thinks he's sick.
                            put the mic on his girlfriends pussy,
                            and you can listen for my click.
                            you defaced bitch, just face it,
                            all you say is fake shit!
                            and I'd find you to play bitch,
                            if it werent for this house arrest bracelet.

Comment

816 you can say what you want
                              you wont change these losers tho...
                              just think to yourself... and than think about something worth thinking about
                              (ignore them)
                              i mean damn
                              look at his fucking name
                              it says it all

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 05-26-2020, 02:44 PM
                              2 responses