I'm going to be honest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to be honest...

First off, I'd like to say that I'm a huge D12 fan. Not just an Eminem fan but a D12 fan. But let's face facts, Eminem is by far the best member of D12. That may not be totally fair considering, in my opinion, he is the best MC in the game today. I liked Devil's Night a lot and after listening to it a couple times over, I decided to listen to Em's first 3 LPs. I then realized that all three are no doubt, much better. Purple Pills is an amazingly good song but both "I'm Shady" and "Drug Ballad" are better drug songs. This may not be a fair comparision because the other's are extremely good but it's a comparision, nonetheless.

On Devil's Night, the main focal point is to shock. That's totally fine, but it's been done before to varying level's of sucess. From Geto to Natas to the Gravediggaz. With the SSLP and the MMLP, both album's were more a journey through a screwed up head.
    The juxtoposition of Kim and Stan is probably the biggest in music history. So while Devil's Night will shock the regular list of targets: conservatives, lesbians, soccer mom's, bible thumpers etc. , it's not going to really shock most of us. "Kim" is a much more 'shocking' song then say "Pimp like Me". I personally think that Pimp like Me is the best song on Devil's Night. But it's more degrading towards women then shocking. Kim basically gave a full narative of a murder and an unstable killer.

But I'm going to stop comparing it to both of Em's amazing past albums. It's like comparing every movie to "A Clockwork Orange" or "Shindler's List". So I already established Em as a lyrical genius, so what's the rest of D12 like?. Well, it's a mixed bag.
    Swifty is also, very very good. He's better then 90% of the MCs in the game right now. While he's very good, he's still not in Em's leauge. Kon Artis and Kuniva work really good together (like in Purple Pills) but are very average by themselves. Of all the member's of D12 Kuniva definately has the weakest personality. Swifty and Kuniva acually sound quite similar also, and I think that threw a lot of reviewer's off. Kon Artis has a bit of a nasel voice but he's quite good. Proof just need to get the frog outta his voice and he'd be set!. Always sounds like he's rapping with a cold or something. Bizarre would be great as a Stand up comedian, and in small doses, he's great like on Nasty Mind. But I tired of him quite quickly. The part on Pimp Like Me is very funny, but from a rapping stand point, is quite bad. Proof, and Swift did such a great job at the beginning and Bizarre kinda ruin's it.

So what it all boil's down to is that all the critic's thought it would be as good as Em's last 2 albums. I did too acually. And we were all kinda disappointed that it didn't and that's why we are seeing so many negative reviews. I guess it was unreasonable of us. There are just to many average songs on Devil's Night. Song's like Instigator, Shit Can Happen (c'mon the chorus "shit can ha-ppen" pretty weak) and Fight Music. There not bad song's, just average. But the SSLP only had "If I had..." as an average song and the rest was a single worthy. The entire MMLP was perfect, in my opinion. Oh well, I came into likeing D12 as an Em fan, and his effort on Devil's Night was just as good as his previous 2 albums so I wait patiently for his third solo album and Swifty's solo album.
    Board Battles:

Wins:

WWFmail (3-0)
    illatron (4-0)
    2 Swift (3-0)
    Lyrikally Lost (3-0)
    DJ Adzy (No Fuckin' Show!)

Lost:
    GRAVITY (0-3)
    DJ Phat (0-3)
    Dark Druid (0-3)

Record: 5-3

I don't like tha song Pimp Like Me, & alot of tha songs on tha album I do not like tha chorus they chose to play! I mainly like "Ain't Nuthin' But Music" "Fight Music" & "DEvils Night" tha best. Tha chorus to "Shit Can Happen" bothers me sooooooo much, but tha lyrics on it are good!

WWW.BAD-STYLE.COM
    WWW.600BENZ.COM

I'M AN OLD SCHOOL MEMBER HERE

Comment

Em ain't done anything better since the Slim Shady LP - that's a fact.
      "Still don't give a fuck
      Still pose naked
      Still specialize on sittin' on *****s faces"

***Bizarre's my big ole teddy bear! And I want to pat his belly to see the big ripples in it...and it's usually around that point that I cum***

Comment

Em ain't done anything better since the Slim Shady LP - that's a fact
        I have to agree, I don't listen to Devils Night anymore, and I haven't listened to the Marshall Mathers LP for months, but I ALWAYS listen to the Slim Shady LP........that CD kicks ass.

I kinda get the impression that eminem felt he had to try in Slim Shady LP to get his name out, and then when he went all famous he stopped trying as much.......because he knew that whateva CD he made, it would sell millions.....this is just my opinion, so don't no cocky fuckin' bitch ass tennyboppers come in here saying how much they love the song "The Real Slim Shady" and that what I have said is a load of bullshit......

~PeAcE-oUt~
        www.canibusworld.com

Comment

Devls Night v.s. MMLP

Iima put my opinion and compare MMLP to Devils Night (Note: I havent listen to the SSLP enough concedering it got jacked, I bought 4 other copys and they got jacked too.)

Scale of 1-10 on each of the songs (skip the skits)

MMLP

2. "Kill You" (8)
          3. "Stan" (3)
          5. "Who Knew" (8)
          7. "The Way I Am" (7)
          8. "The Real Slim Shady" (5)
          9. "Remember Me" (8)
          10. "Im Back" (9)
          11. "Marshall Mather" (8)
          13. "Drug Ballad" (6)
          14. "Amityville" (7)
          15. "Bitch Please 2" (9)
          16. "Kim" (7)
          17. "Under The Influence" (8)
          18. "Criminal" (10)

Total: 103

Devils Night

2. "Shit Can Happen" (7)
          3. "Pistol, Pistol" (8)
          5. "Nasty Mind" (4)
          6. "Ain't Nuttin' But Music" (8)
          7. "American Psycho" (9)
          9. "Thats How" (9)
          10. "Purple Pills" (8)
          11. "Fight Music" (7)
          12. "Instigator" (6)
          13. "Pimp Like Me" (10)
          14. "Blow My Buzz" (7)
          16. "Devils Night" (7)
          18. "Revelation" (8)
          19. "Girls" (8)

Total: 106

But thats just my opinion, Dont think that im not a loyal fan just cause Ive only been a fan since Mid SSLP, Im gonna get the SSLP once again *sigh* and hopfully since I dont have those faggot friends anymore when I get the C.D. it wont get jacked like my others.

Comment

ALL i GOTZ TO SAY IS dAMN!
            Dirty JIM

Comment

But thats just my opinion, Dont think that im not a loyal fan just cause Ive only been a fan since Mid SSLP, Im gonna get the SSLP once again *sigh* and hopfully since I dont have those faggot friends anymore when I get the C.D. it wont get jacked like my others.

yo i didnt think there was anything wrong with being a fan since the SSLP i mean i was ajmming to the cd a people were like emi who so shit i never got a hold of any of his underground shit so what ever
              "I ain't a killer but don't push me
              Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy"
              -Tupac Shakur

Comment

well i dont wanna start any beef but i disagree wiv alot of ya. i think devils night is fuckin off the hook. i do agree that slim is the best of the 6.

but about comparin the albums...............

the sslp is so good and sum of the lyrics area amazing. but i definately feel that slim progressed on the mmlp. his lyrics were alot more meaningful and true. i think devils night ois alot like sslp with fucked up twisted lyrics.

but i have to say out of the 3 mmlp is probably the best. songs like "the way i am" and "criminal" are alot more advanced than sslp. but there aint alot between the 3 albums. they r all tight asa fuck and probably my top 3 albums i got altogether!!!!!
                www.myspace.com/l_wiz_uk

Comment

well

i like listenin to Still Don't Give a Fuck and Criminal together as one combined song.

Comment

without a doubt my fav song by em is "criminal" that song is tight as hell.

Comment

That's funny because I thought I was the only person who thought 'criminal' was slim's best song ever!. It's both incredibily well written and well rapped. At the very beginning when he says all the anti gay stuff and then at the end says "half the stuff I say I just make it up, to make you mad...". Unfortuately the critic's of Em never "got" the wit and humor in that song. It's to bad they never made a video for it, would probably have been his best video
                      Board Battles:

Wins:

WWFmail (3-0)
                      illatron (4-0)
                      2 Swift (3-0)
                      Lyrikally Lost (3-0)
                      DJ Adzy (No Fuckin' Show!)

Lost:
                      GRAVITY (0-3)
                      DJ Phat (0-3)
                      Dark Druid (0-3)

Record: 5-3

Comment

lol i was thinkin wot a video to "crimial" would bbe like. it would be so good. and imagine the bit when he goes into the bank witht he gun. that would be so good in a video.

but also it would never get shown on TV. lol
                        www.myspace.com/l_wiz_uk

Comment

yea

Em ain't done anything better since the Slim Shady LP - that's a fact
                          thats so true marshall mathers lp is very good but since he wasn't that big he had more time to work on SSLP just making it better just my opinion peace out
                          I'm back biotches!!!!!!!! I doubt any of you really remember me tho, so whatever.

Comment

Well, I have to say that I liked the Marshall Mathers LP better than the Slim Shady LP. I mean the SSLP was good. Then came the MMLP. Now I think that Em's style seems to have matured, in my opinion. I like the MMLP better than the SSLP. Also, I think that all music artists, as they mature, change their styles a little bit. I think that Em's music has progressed!! Now, with DEvil's Night, I think that it's very tight!! I mean, I really like it!! I think that as an artist's music progresses and as the artist matures or changes, then the artist's music itself gets BETTER and BETTER everytime. I think that Em is getting better and better in his music.
                            Now, to change the subject, I was looking thru the DN booklet and I saw that Kon Artis produced "Shit Can Happen" and "That's How." I think those are some dope tracks. I'm sure that Kon Artis, in the near future, will be one of the the most talented producers out there. Em will be one of the most talented producers as well.
                            Kon Artis, Swifty, Proof, Eminem, Bizarre, and Kuniva are all very good lyricists. I think that DN is good, but i'm sure that the next D12 album will be even better. Sorry to take up a lot of space folks, but i just wanted to state my opinion on the music. I know that sometimes, artists can get worse and worse in their music, but I feel that Em has gotten better and better and I'm sure that Em's 3rd album will be his best solo album to come. With D12, they are all dope and I'm sure they'll be even doper as a group as their music progresses.They won't get worse. D12 will get better and better as artists. Sometimes, artists get worse as they go in music, but I think that D12 is an exception, b/c all of the members of D12 are very talented and I feel that they will are progress as artists and will become more talented and tighter than what they are now!! The next album will be off da hook! Watch and See!!!

Vote for the D12 Purple Hills video on BET at www.bet.com/106andpark

Comment

That would be tight, I thought the same thing the video would be fuckin tight, but it wouldnt get aired for 1. he shoots the women working at the bank 2. its too xplicit for editing. And if they banned the "purple pills" video they sure as hell would bann the "criminal" video...god MTV is fuckin gay!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by touhidfiverr, Today, 05:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post touhidfiverr  
                              Started by cbdoilcanzanauk, Today, 12:54 AM