Still Noone Realizes It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Noone Realizes It

i was talkin to some asshole on AIM and he starts shit like Devils Night is an Eminem CD.... then he has the nerve to say Em is the "main one" of the group... and that shit bothers me... yeah Em can rhyme and shit but this is a group thing... and all members matter..... and this bitch is all like "it was Eminem's CD he just had his friends help him"... man i feel like beating these people down that say that sort of shit about d12... still some people dont realize that each member can write and flow... each member's got a different style and shit.... and without just one member of D12, it wouldnt be the same tight shit.... anyone ever ran into one of these assholes?
    Dirty Shady
    Straight Outta Tha D
    RIP - all lost on 9-11-2001

All the fuckin time Dirty_Shady... it don't bother me that much now. There just fukin dumb because Em raps about 20% of the album and the rest of the group (Proof, Kuniva, Swift, Kon Artis and Bizarre) make up for the other 80% of the album. OK maybe my maths isnt totally correct but you get the idea. Devils Night is a dope album and its D12's album and not JUST Eminem's album! Also there is still the problem of this D12 feat. Eminem which used to piss me off because Eminem is D12, even my friends mentioned this to me so a lot of people is noticing this shit but nevermind! No need to throw a fit other stupid little shit? LoL
    Peace
    marcus

http://www.d12thugs.com

Comment

i posted a topic on this sort of thing before...entertainment news on the e! channel did a little review on d12's album, and they had a guy there that said, "regardless of the name on the cover; this is an eminem cd"....i thought that was disrespectful especially coming from a faggot who most likely doesn't even listen to rap...

Comment

To the public Eminem is known for a couple of years now. He made some songs that scored very high (Real Slim Shady for instance) and built up quite a carreer. So most people know Eminem, but not D12. It's understandable that people make this mistake of saying "It's an Eminem album" 'cause they haven't heard of D12 before.

This is why some people (most of the time people who listen to pop music a lot; and this isn't meant offensive) see D12 as "Eminem's group". They are right in a way, of course. So it's not weird that some people think that the CD is an "Eminem CD" if you think about all that.

I know people who have said something like that before, and I personally don't give a fuck about it if they say that.
        I think of D12 like this: there are 6 members, and Slim's one of them. He has a solo carreer as well, but that doesn't make him a greater or smaller member of D12. It's not Eminem's group, but a group with Eminem included. It's a shame not everyone realises that, but oh well, that's just the way it is..

Comment

yea that sucks. ive had shitoad of people askin me if em is gonna be on tour wit d12, what the fuck does it matter is ems goin? if hes goin to be on tour with them, good but if he aint its all still ill!
          BIG PROOF FOREVER

Comment

Damn i can't go cuz i got 2 be 18 at the show in San Antonio oh well maybe next time

Comment

D12 is one big fuckin family they all contribute equally we should beat da guy on aim and fedex his ass to some fuckin village

Comment

hmm

Well what i think th critics mean when they say it's an Eminem cd is that it's th same type of cd and he is in control of it after all executive producer...and Proof even says in this interview: http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver...tml/fid=276386

"Em is like the president, and I'm the general."

But hell it is a group effort, but to me it seems Em is on this cd a bit more than a lot of th other members...even if it's just on th hooks, I mean hell he does th hook and verse for some songs and on American Psycho it's 3 verses he has th hook 1 verse and he even comes in on th last verse a bit...*shrugs* good album anyway and it's not all about Em but I think he might be taking over a bit too much and should move over and let some other ppl do more of th hooks and shit
                "Say you rollin on dubs, I'll roll over ya shit in a tank/
                I'm th greatest rapper since _____, fill in th blank/"

Comment

i know what you mean by people mistakin it for em's group.... but this bitch was sayin i didnt know shit because it's Eminem's solo CD and its just featuring some friends of his..... he says he knows everything about Em but i dont think he realizes he doesnt know shit about him if he thinks it's an Eminem solo CD.... thats just what pissed me off....
                  Dirty Shady
                  Straight Outta Tha D

Comment

Originally posted by D12SweetGurl
                    Damn i can't go cuz i got 2 be 18 at the show in San Antonio oh well maybe next time
                    Haha maybe next time, try 3 years from now...Unless you go to the Warped Tour...
                    My Eminem and D12 collection for sale

Comment

It's like this....

Calling D-12 "Eminem's group" would be like calling Wu-Tang Clan "Method Man's group" back in the day or calling Black Sabbath "Ozzy's old band" or Natas "Esham's group" or Dru Hill "Sisqo's group". People say those things all the time but that's just because there's only one person in the group they recognize and, to be honest, care about at the time that they say it. It'll take some more time (maybe another album), and more solo projects before the other 5 members are recognized as solo artists themselves. It's just the way it works. Until then alotta people will just think of the other 5 as "those guys from D12" or "Those guys that rap with Eminem". As long as they keep their skills tight and maybe do some more solo shit as the fame grows they'll all be recognized like the individual members of Wu-Tang are now.

Comment

i know all those fags just see D12 as "Em's group" and always will see them as "Em's group" which i think is bullshit. I mean just cuz he's in tha fuckin gorup doesn't make it HIS. Cuz before those bitches should talk they should actually listen to some of there songs and see Em's not the only one doin that tight ass Detroit shit. It just gets on my nerves always hearing that shit all the time. Cuz when they think D12 they think Eminem. Damn they gotta learn before they speak.

Comment

still...

eminem is my biggest influence as a rap artist and has inspired me to get as far as i have. but as far as D-12 being 'eminem's group' i think it's bullshit.. D-12 is proof, eminem, bizzy, swift, denaun, and kuniva's group. they all contribute equally. if proof would have been signed to dre's label before anyone else, it would be considered 'proof's group'. they think if they say 'eminem' then the group will gain respect or some shit
                          ------------------------------------
                          "He Who Makes a Beast Out of Himself, Gets Rid of the Pain of Being a Man."
                          ------------------------------------

Comment

well i was talkin to a lil teeny bopper on AIM... i still cant figure out how they got my s/n... but she said she loved Em but didnt even know who D12 was.... if that aint a teeny bopper is i dont know what is.... just shows that they this hes "cute" and dont know shit about him or his music.... i just laugh whenever i see bullshit like that...
                            Last edited by Dirty_Shady; 07-30-2001, 07:11 PM.
                            Dirty Shady
                            Straight Outta Tha D

Comment

yeah i see a lot of ppl like that it pisses me off sumtimes but u can't do nuthin bout it ....

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:53 PM