No Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Love?

Let's get real here, D-12 is all U.s. and everything, I know that, but face it..... we showin them more love. I mean, i bought the album the 1st day it came out 1st thing in the mornin and the chick at the HMV counter said they sellin like hot cakes already. They already DOUBLE PLATINUM in Canada, they aint even Platinum yet in the States.... and New York alone has more people then my entire Country..... what does that say? They only goin to Toronto and Montreal, thats the only 2 places they eva go to. I mean fuck, the warped tour is comin here to Edmonton, and shit, the only reason i'm goin is cuz Kool Kieth and Esham gon be there, D-12 aint even gonna be there. This really a jock, i'ma never see them, i tried my damnedest juss to get tickets to the show in T Dot, but fuck, its a thousand dollar plane ticket alone and i couldnt save that much insuch short time. We gettin lacked here
    Go CANADA

true fan

The true fans (myself included) got it a day early...and had been bouncing it for a whole DAY before you even got yours. Just playing dog...that sucks that they aren't gonna be in Edmonton for your show. I'd have to agree with you that it seems the U.S. isn't reppin' very well (with the exception of the people on here) as far as the buying of the album goes. Much peace to you though, and may D12 come to your area soon.
    Four minutes and twenty-nine seconds into Revalation.

"Some people say that I'm a bad influence...I say the world's already fucked I'm just addin' to it" - Marshall Bruce Mathers III

'Sorry I wasn't born with a mind to write ryhmes, but I manage to ryhme lines just fine without my mind'-sleepa

Comment

On the real, i was one of those fucks that couldnt wait for it to be released and downloaded the album from IRC when it leaked But i still bought it anyways and i still listen to it, but fa real, D-12 shoulda been on Edmonton's date
      Go CANADA

Comment

man thats sucks.... yeah i had it downloaded but i still bought a few copies... theyre double platnium in canada?.... i didnt know they sold that much up there.... i dont know what happen to all the fans in the US.... i mean theres so many but where are they?....the US will hit platnium in the next week but it shouldnt have taken so long.... im still thinkin most people downloaded and cant spend 15 dollars to support D12...
        Dirty Shady
        Straight Outta Tha D
        RIP - all lost on 9-11-2001

Comment

ain't this a bitch!!!!!!!!!

I got my copy 3 dayz early and i spent 18.99 for my shit ,i could have just asked for a free one and i did buy mine from shantiniques' on harper and gratiot here in d-town,but what kinda friend would i be if i just asked for everything,i can't help out Proof if i'm bummin' shit from him and Dirty Jim!Hey don't feel bad guys i have seen Shun inconcert either,so we all in the same boat!!!
          mr. poop chute banger says....
          Homeland Security Advisory System
          http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/progra...ease_0046.shtm
          is wrestling fake?
          http://www.wimp.com/fake/

Comment

they might be double platinum in canada, but in canada its only like 50,000 records sold to go platinum or some shit. they didnt sell 2 mil in canada.

in other countries its also not a million to go platinum. i dont remember the exact numbers though.

Comment

SHEETS!Can you get to San Francisco.I'll put you up and hook you up VIP 4free

The show is 8/11 *just an idea

Comment

Here's the problem with US D12 Fans

In the beginning Eminem was an icon for every teen in America thanks to MTV and over-exposure. Em's albums sold so well because pop kids in rich suburbs bought it cause it had a poppy edge and was all over MTV. Unfortunatly when the pop world started getting tired of him there went most of the record sales. It's not easy going multi-platinum without being a sell out. When Em decided D12 was only gonna go pop with a couple songs they made the right decision for this reason: They'll go multi-platinum as soon as the next single gets dropped because pop kids will be back on Em's nutts and they'll maintain respect in the underground at the same time because of songs like Pistol Pistol and songs like that which kept the album with an underground edge. Madd props to who ever was in charge of marketing D12.

Comment

Sheets - i feel ya man. I d/led the cd on irc awhile b4 it came out but i still got it the day it came out. They don't come around me either on warped and i live in the states.
                  www.norml.org

"Freedom is a state of mind, a mind is a state of being, stay the fuck out of my mind and my being!"

Comment

Sheets- I can tell you that there is no doubt that D12 have MAD love for Canada, and I am sure that PROOF will back me on that. They have only been to Toronto and Montreal so far, as they are close to Detroit and easy to get to for quick one off dates, not to mention that those are the cities that most major tours hit. They would have also played Vancouver but the Anger Management date was cancelled there. I know that they are currently working on scheduling some time around their fall American tour to do some major Canadian dates (trying to get Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina/Saskatoon, Winnipeg, T-Dot, Montreal and Halifax).
                    The difficulty with the American bands touring in Canada is that all of their expenses are in American $, and they get paid in Canadian $. The exchange rate makes it nearly impossible for most bands to break even (most usually end up losing money). Keep your eyes peeled and I think you will see some dates soon.

Oh yea- GO BOMBERS! I miss the CFL!

Biggie1334- actually Double Platinum in Canada is 200 000 units. Considering that the population of the country is a bit over 26/27 million (1/10 the size of America or the size of the state of Cailifornia), this is equivalent to selling 2 million in the U.S. of A. Right now Canada has the distinction of being the largest per capita sales market in the world for D12.

Comment

Originally posted by friefig_mooshy

Biggie1334- actually Double Platinum in Canada is 200 000 units. Considering that the population of the country is a bit over 26/27 million (1/10 the size of America or the size of the state of Cailifornia), this is equivalent to selling 2 million in the U.S. of A. Right now Canada has the distinction of being the largest per capita sales market in the world for D12. [/B]
                      i here ya..up here in canada we know how ta show love
                      NUFF-Z <---- "z" pronounced "zed"

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/meth...saidbanner.gif

Comment

da u.s

shit thats sad on u u.s dirty heads but i no their cummin uk tho!
                        i dunno its just a thought but d12 no they got fanz all round u.s ,but d12 no bout not many dawgs in uk heard of d12 part from true hip hop heads so d12 are just tryin 2 reach out 2 all those people lettin them no who they are.
                        but it still bugz me dat u dirty heads dont get da bonus cd!

pEaCe...
                        shit can happen?
                        nah fuck dat!
                        SHIT HAPPENS!!!

Comment

ha im from T-dot suckas.

just playin but here in canada "future shop" wuz sellin the album for 11 bucks cause they were having some mad sale, so everyone prolly bought like tons of albums.

and in the states thats like 7 bucks lol. i spend 7 bucks on mr.sub

haha u dont have mr.sub either. all u have is stupid subway.

wait, is there future shop in u.s?
                          [email protected]
                          The Proof is in the puddin', Just ask Deshawn Holton.

Comment

Originally posted by friefig_mooshy
                            Sheets- I can tell you that there is no doubt that D12 have MAD love for Canada, and I am sure that PROOF will back me on that. They have only been to Toronto and Montreal so far, as they are close to Detroit and easy to get to for quick one off dates, not to mention that those are the cities that most major tours hit. They would have also played Vancouver but the Anger Management date was cancelled there. I know that they are currently working on scheduling some time around their fall American tour to do some major Canadian dates (trying to get Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina/Saskatoon, Winnipeg, T-Dot, Montreal and Halifax).
                            The difficulty with the American bands touring in Canada is that all of their expenses are in American $, and they get paid in Canadian $. The exchange rate makes it nearly impossible for most bands to break even (most usually end up losing money). Keep your eyes peeled and I think you will see some dates soon.

Oh yea- GO BOMBERS! I miss the CFL!

Biggie1334- actually Double Platinum in Canada is 200 000 units. Considering that the population of the country is a bit over 26/27 million (1/10 the size of America or the size of the state of Cailifornia), this is equivalent to selling 2 million in the U.S. of A. Right now Canada has the distinction of being the largest per capita sales market in the world for D12.
                            Fa real?That'd be dope if they came here (but i some how doubt it happenin ) Also, they get paid in Canadian, but however, the expenses are wayyyyyyy cheaper, they're payin in US dollars, the US dollar is worth wayyyyy more then the Canadian dollar, i think its the other way around. Imagine a Canadian artist trying to tour the US, u'd have to be loaded.

And to what Janetlynn said:

"The show is 8/11 *just an idea"

That'd be off the hook, but I'm thinkin a plane ticket there and back would be more then the one toand from T Dot
                            Go CANADA

Comment

Actually, I have a Mr.Sub down here, weird shit.

Anyway, I know alot of U.S. listeners that felt betrayed because America is the home of D-12, but everyone else got a bonus disc. It was like they were fucking us over. Alot bought the imported version.

Plus, it's selling to hip-hop heads. Real rap fans. But once the lable releases "Ain't Nuttin But Music", the Pop fans will buy it in droves. "Purple Hills", while achieving No.1 rap single, isn't the type of song to get mainstream listeners interested.
                              Why have a signature, I haven't been here long enough.

Just call me MR.ILLNESS :D

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tkaxec, Today, 10:50 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tkaxec