NEW D12 interview in "Fridge" magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW D12 interview in "Fridge" magazine

I bought the magazine today and I found some of the interview on the website...Here it is:

"The Dawning of D12" by Seth Zaplin

See Issue #00011 for the complete interview...

Warning! What you are about to read contains no slander about Slim Shady, nothing about the tired lawsuits with his mom, the overexposed drama with his baby mama, or his tabloid-esque probation issues. It’s old. So rather than turn a blind eye on the underground MC turned pop culture icon, let’s focus on his roots, the dues he’s paid, and his notorious and twisted crew, the Dirty Dozen a.k.a. D12.

The D12 arsenal consists of Eminem, Proof, Bizzare, Kon Artis, Kuniva, and Swift, who all encountered one another through the ranks as battle rappers in the early 90’s. Their stomping ground was The Hip-Hop Shop, an appropriately named Detroit based clothing and record store, owned by famed urban fashion designer Maurice Malone. At that time, being a rapper from the Midwest wasn’t too cool. The radio was getting devoured by West Coast artists, mostly and ironically, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. Meanwhile, back East, heads were were digging groups like Black Moon, The Beatnuts, and Wu-Tang. No one was checking for anyone from Detroit, leaving local artists and independent labels hustling to get there music heard anyway they could. “Then and now, it’s very competitive,” noted Bizzare, referring to the scene in Detroit. (There are) a lot of artists and a lot of labels out there, and everybody wants to be on top.”

If you had your ear to the streets back then, you probably came up on a number of independent joints these guys are responsible for. Bizzare had his EP, The Attack Of The Weirdos. Proof had a couple of singles, including “Searchin’” produced by another Detroit native, Jay Dee from Ummah and Slum Village. Eminem, of course, had the most-slept on L.P., Infinite. Swift, the last installment, was collaborating with Bugs, one of the group’s original members who was killed some time ago. Swift laid it out, ”Bugs was my *****’. He wanted me to be a part of this Dirty Dozen. We’re keeping it alive for him. Rest in Peace, Bugs.”

The group’s unique and winning formula was initially spearheaded by Proof. The concept was that each member would retain their ‘solo-status’ vowing to return for the others in the event any of them got signed. They would also perform in the group under separate aliases, with styles

that were different than their own. “If I hadn’t said, ‘Let’s start a group called Dirty Dozen,” Proof points out, “there would be no Slim Shady.” He continued, “When we do our solo shit, Em is Em, Proof is Proof, etc. What we were doing was concentrating on making good songs. When we did Dirty Dozen, I said, ‘Let’s talk about all the shit you’re not supposed to. The make-up of the whole shit was to get people to say Ewww!’”

Inspired by Proof’s ingenious formula, Eminem transformed himself into Slim Shady, the character we’ve all grown to know and love (or hate). Proof became Dirty Harry, Bizzare transformed into Peter S. Bizzare, Kuniva became known as Hannz Gruber, Kon Artis took on the name Denine Porter, and Swift began to holla as Swifty McVay. Proof broke the members personas down like this "Pistols and wanting to get shot shit- that’s Dirty Harry. The off the wall weirdo shit, the nasty mind- that’s Bizzare. If you think some shit ain't gonna' happen type shit, some wile out shit- that’s care of Kon Artis and Kuniva. Bomb your record company, terrorist tactics- well that’s Swifty McVay.”

D12’s album, Devil’s Night, is a demented rollercoaster ride into the minds of some seriously sick individuals. Early singles, “I’ll Shit On You” and “Purple Pills” are out there showcasing just how crazy their style of hip-hop is. If you’re offended, keep it to yourself. As Proof puts it, ”D12 don’t give a fuck about a mothafuckin' thing!”

The world definitely wasn’t ready for Slim Shady. Will it be able to handle his crew?

See Issue #00011 of "Fridge" for the complete interview
    My Eminem and D12 collection for sale

Thank you, RICHIE!

Your so damn dirty DAWG! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Danielle

Comment

aiyo
      thanx for postin man

Peace
      Now let the night be dark for all of me.
      Let the night be too dark for me to see
      Into the future. Let what will be, be.'

Comment

Thank Richie

TammyTam

Comment

Thanx dude, I love Swiftys hat in that little picture you added, its heavy!

Marcus

Comment

nice

good job lookin out richiez i liked that article was straight to the point where can u get fridge? never heard of it
            If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

Comment

Wuts up with the interviewer calling bugz "bug(s)" and he also called kon artis alter ego "Denine Porter" and whos alter ego is "Hannz Gruber"? last time I check kuniva's ego was Rondell Beene.

Comment

Excellent

I definitely want to read more of that-can I borrow yours? J/K:D
                "I will go down with this ship
                And I won't put my hands up and surrender
                There will be no white flag above my door
                I'm in love and always will be "

Dragonweed T"aka Miss Buttersuckel,the sexiest woman north of the Tennessee River

Comment

Re: nice

Originally posted by DirtyDozen
                  good job lookin out richiez i liked that article was straight to the point where can u get fridge? never heard of it
                  I dunno man, just go to a good bookstore around you. If they don't have it, have them order it. Or goto www.fridgemagazine.com and I'm sure you could get a copy that way..peace

Comment

Re: Excellent

Originally posted by wildflowerT
                    I definitely want to read more of that-can I borrow yours? J/K:D
                    Sorry, you're gonna have to get your own Terri...

Comment

Re: NEW D12 interview in "Fridge" magazine

Originally posted by richiez313
                      I bought the magazine today and I found some of the interview on the website...Here it is:

"The Dawning of D12" by Seth Zaplin

See Issue #00011 for the complete interview...

Warning! What you are about to read contains no slander about Slim Shady, nothing about the tired lawsuits with his mom, the overexposed drama with his baby mama, or his tabloid-esque probation issues. It’s old. So rather than turn a blind eye on the underground MC turned pop culture icon, let’s focus on his roots, the dues he’s paid, and his notorious and twisted crew, the Dirty Dozen a.k.a. D12.

The D12 arsenal consists of Eminem, Proof, Bizzare, Kon Artis, Kuniva, and Swift, who all encountered one another through the ranks as battle rappers in the early 90’s. Their stomping ground was The Hip-Hop Shop, an appropriately named Detroit based clothing and record store, owned by famed urban fashion designer Maurice Malone. At that time, being a rapper from the Midwest wasn’t too cool. The radio was getting devoured by West Coast artists, mostly and ironically, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. Meanwhile, back East, heads were were digging groups like Black Moon, The Beatnuts, and Wu-Tang. No one was checking for anyone from Detroit, leaving local artists and independent labels hustling to get there music heard anyway they could. “Then and now, it’s very competitive,” noted Bizzare, referring to the scene in Detroit. (There are) a lot of artists and a lot of labels out there, and everybody wants to be on top.”

If you had your ear to the streets back then, you probably came up on a number of independent joints these guys are responsible for. Bizzare had his EP, The Attack Of The Weirdos. Proof had a couple of singles, including “Searchin’” produced by another Detroit native, Jay Dee from Ummah and Slum Village. Eminem, of course, had the most-slept on L.P., Infinite. Swift, the last installment, was collaborating with Bugs, one of the group’s original members who was killed some time ago. Swift laid it out, ”Bugs was my *****’. He wanted me to be a part of this Dirty Dozen. We’re keeping it alive for him. Rest in Peace, Bugs.”

The group’s unique and winning formula was initially spearheaded by Proof. The concept was that each member would retain their ‘solo-status’ vowing to return for the others in the event any of them got signed. They would also perform in the group under separate aliases, with styles

that were different than their own. “If I hadn’t said, ‘Let’s start a group called Dirty Dozen,” Proof points out, “there would be no Slim Shady.” He continued, “When we do our solo shit, Em is Em, Proof is Proof, etc. What we were doing was concentrating on making good songs. When we did Dirty Dozen, I said, ‘Let’s talk about all the shit you’re not supposed to. The make-up of the whole shit was to get people to say Ewww!’”

Inspired by Proof’s ingenious formula, Eminem transformed himself into Slim Shady, the character we’ve all grown to know and love (or hate). Proof became Dirty Harry, Bizzare transformed into Peter S. Bizzare, Kuniva became known as Hannz Gruber, Kon Artis took on the name Denine Porter, and Swift began to holla as Swifty McVay. Proof broke the members personas down like this "Pistols and wanting to get shot shit- that’s Dirty Harry. The off the wall weirdo shit, the nasty mind- that’s Bizzare. If you think some shit ain't gonna' happen type shit, some wile out shit- that’s care of Kon Artis and Kuniva. Bomb your record company, terrorist tactics- well that’s Swifty McVay.”

D12’s album, Devil’s Night, is a demented rollercoaster ride into the minds of some seriously sick individuals. Early singles, “I’ll Shit On You” and “Purple Pills” are out there showcasing just how crazy their style of hip-hop is. If you’re offended, keep it to yourself. As Proof puts it, ”D12 don’t give a fuck about a mothafuckin' thing!”

The world definitely wasn’t ready for Slim Shady. Will it be able to handle his crew?

See Issue #00011 of "Fridge" for the complete interview
                      Not so new
                      Hmmmm hello I posted this article and pics like well over a month ago!
                      Dirty JIM

Comment

good articale thanks Jim
                        Gratsi & Arrivederci,
                        Paul "Encrypted" Rocco
                        www.ENCRYPTED-MUSIC.tk
                        (Contact me professionally for any types business.)

Comment

Re: Re: NEW D12 interview in "Fridge" magazine

Originally posted by Dirty JIM

Not so new
                          Hmmmm hello I posted this article and pics like well over a month ago!
                          Damn Jim I never saw it, and I thought someone would haven't mentioned if you did. No need to get so ill on me...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Smilert, 07-14-2020, 10:51 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Hellconjuror  
                          Started by tryketopremiere, Today, 05:25 AM