SSLP to da MMLP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSLP to da MMLP...

Am i the only guy who thinks that from the SSLP to the MMLP, Eminem COMPLETELY changed style? Personnally, i don't like MMLP that much! But SSLP is still my all time favorite album (well, tie with D12's DN) I mean, if u listen to SSLP, all the sonds have dope beats, and he doesn't diss al the pop icons, he just disses the ones that deserves to (yes, a little related to the topic MIC brang)! But then, in MMLP, most of the beats are little cheesy, most of the songs got that little undescriptible little sound (like in the Real SS, Kill you and Who knew), wich is FUCKIN ANNOYING, and most of them sound all the same! And now, he started dissing every goddamn pop icons, wich is pretty annoying too! In a couple of words, Em became that little rebel wich made him commercial, since the MMLP!

So goddamn, am i the only one who likes WAY BETTER is style like in the SSLP than in MMLP!?!
    "Shady stay creative baby hold your head up, don't you let up
    one bit on these motherfuckin suckers you're a soldier +GET UP+
    STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, LONG AS YOU BREATHIN
    THEY JEALOUS OF YOU MAN THAT'S THE ONLY REASON THEY BEEFIN!"
    - Part of Eminem's best verse, wich is part of D12's best song: Words Are Weapons

I like SSLP better too but i dont think he changed his style cuz both albums are dope
    My Detroit Music Stash

Comment

i like the sslp better also but i really like the mmlp and DN i think they are all great and if you compare them with another rap artis, he is better. i think ilike DN the best tho. i am eger to hear the new solo album Em is putting out. i think that one will be way different.
      Tiffani

Aim: YxY TiTi YxY
      E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

Think of the change in his life from the time he wrote the SSLP to when he wrote the MMLP... That would explain why his writing subject matters changed. When you become a successful recording star, travel the world and expand your surrounding from just your small corner of Detroit to the entire world- some things have to change.

The subject matter may be a bit different, but I think the rhymes, beats, production and his incredilbe use of diction are even better on MMLP.

Comment

i thought the SSLP was better but there were still alot of tracks on the mmlp i liked..

i agree with friefig_mooshy, em's life totally changed from the sslp to mmlp so ya gotta expect that
          www.norml.org

"Freedom is a state of mind, a mind is a state of being, stay the fuck out of my mind and my being!"

Comment

Both Good

Well, you cant exactly be ryhmeing about fucking poverty and Rock Bottom when you have a million bucks now can you? the only song i think that was whack on the MMLP was Remember me, it didnt fit in at all. If I Had on the SSLP is whack too, but hey, hes better then all of us, so fuck it right? lol

Comment

Naw, if i had was great, IMO!

"If i had a million bux, i'd buy a damn brewery and turn the world into alcoholics."

How can't u like that?

And Remember me was great, and probably one of the best in MMLP, imo!
              - Part of Eminem's best verse, wich is part of D12's best song: Words Are Weapons

Comment

the shit he went through changed... so his style changed a little.... and there werent as many possible targets when the SSLP was released....
                Dirty Shady
                Straight Outta Tha D
                RIP - all lost on 9-11-2001

Comment

i think he changed his style too. not jus his lyrics, but his attitude and his personality. like in SSLP he was calm, knew what it was like to be average and poor, but when MMLP came out, he had this thing about him like he had forgotten who he used to be. he stilled dropped dope shit but it was like it had no background or substance to it. you know what i'm sayin?
                  ------------------------------------
                  "He Who Makes a Beast Out of Himself, Gets Rid of the Pain of Being a Man."
                  ------------------------------------

Comment

yeah i know

whatcha talkin bout man? remember me was wicked. thats like the best song on there.

and also if i had was great.

maybe cause u dont like those kinda beats but its not jus about the tune, its about the lyrics. if u want a catchy tune listen to britney spears nsuckmydick
                    [email protected]
                    The Proof is in the puddin', Just ask Deshawn Holton.

Comment

naw i'm not feeling what your saying... you gotta understand.. albums are made because of what you're going through... the first album, em was hungry as fuck and pissed off at the world and was trying to prove he wasen't a vanilla ice. he had that pressure on him, and he fucking ripped it. then mmlp came out because people was tryna say he was pop because all the white suburban kids were buying his music and idolizing him like a pop star when really he was just a rap star. he was dissing everything pop, cuz that ain't em.. and then devils night came out and it was just like, fuck you i can say whatever the fuck i wanna say on a record and everyone can just suck it... and that's the best album...
                      Mo-X & Lil' G
                      www.mp3.com/xtothamo

Unknown Territory Records
                      www.unknownterritory.com

Click Here to visit our web forum!

Comment

I agree with you all in the sense that the two albums are different. However, thats all I think they are: Different. I dont like one more that I like another, they are just different. I think SSLP is more fun, fuckin around, shit like that... I think MMLP was more of a response to what everyone was saying about him... he seems more pissed off. I like both albums personally, they are just different, and hopefully his new album will follow trend and be something completely new.

Comment

Originally posted by YEROC
                          i think he changed his style too. not jus his lyrics, but his attitude and his personality. like in SSLP he was calm, knew what it was like to be average and poor, but when MMLP came out, he had this thing about him like he had forgotten who he used to be. he stilled dropped dope shit but it was like it had no background or substance to it. you know what i'm sayin?
                          Yo YEROC i know exactly wot u mean.....when i listen 2 tha SS LP i can feel his words more - cause i can just imagine him sittin at home in Deroit when times were tough 4 him and when he had no money, writen that shit down from his heart....but with tha MM LP it came across more comercialized and more "made up stuff" in sum songs....(it's still one of my fav's tho)!!!! The thing u've gotta realize is, like sum one said b 4, u can't expect him 2 keep doin songs about being poor and wotever when he's not no more. He has got millions of $'s and he has got ppl recognising him every where he goes.....so thats wot he's gonna rap about now, it might not b as sad or as "real" and "normal" as tha SS LP but his life style isan't exactly "normal" anymore...(how ever much he tries 2 say it's tha same, it ain't), but thats not his fault thats just tha way it's happened, if sum one handed u millions of $'s i don't think u'd turn it away.
                          Also DRE did more beats on tha MM LP and with meeting all different kinds of ppl within tha music business his style is gonna change and develop. Wotever em does he put's in a 110% and i just can't wait till his next album cums out!!!! peace out luv Natxxx
                          AIM - D12DirtyAss

Email - [email protected]

THE DIRTY HEAD MAFIA - wit a mission 2 fuck up teenyboppers

KEEPIN IT DERTY !!!!!

Comment

Yeah, but y'all aren't getting whut i'm tryin to say! It's not about the lyrics, i'm talkin about the style! I mean, listen to both, and u'll hear the difference! What i mean, is Em kinda changed his rap style! I'm not complaining about the lyrics, i'm talking about the beats and style! Of course, now that he's rich and has a good life, he can't rap about a stupid life and beeing broke! But listen "Just don't give a fuck", then listen to "The real Slim Shady", but without listening to what he's saying, just try to catch the sound it's waving! U'll hear the difference, that Em is really more hardcore on JDGAF than in TRSS!!!

Comment

yeah i'm feeling what you're saying now... his rap style changed... i think he got more mature with his delivery... flow was always on point but i think his delivery got better because dre pushed him. i read an article about how dre was really pushing him on his delivery and how that is something that eminem is really graitfull for, to have a mentor that would push him...
                              Mo-X & Lil' G
                              www.mp3.com/xtothamo

Unknown Territory Records
                              www.unknownterritory.com

Click Here to visit our web forum!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by touhidfiverr, Today, 05:13 AM