The first time I saw and heard of D12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first time I saw and heard of D12

This is a story and oh well if you all dont care lol. It was back in November 1999 and I didnt know much about Detroit rap other than Kid, ICP, Esham, HOK, Em and HalfBreed, Anyways I heard that Eminem was playing a show at Royal Oak Music Theater and it was close enough for me to go to (it was my first concert). So anyways me and my friend get our money together and went. We showed up and barely anybody was there. First group that came out were called the Wad Squad and they were terrible and got dropped from Shady Records thank god. Then this group called D12 came out. They were fucking awesome. That night the thing i remember the most is them because ever since that day I was a huge fan. And after they played I was like wow how can Em and Royce top them. Well as much of an Eminem and Royce fan they didnt top D12. After they played we were toward the back of the venue and all of d12's parents were there just chillin out and they were standing right next to us all of D12. Anyways after that I asked Swift or Kuniva(I didnt know their names at the time) about the shirts and stuff and they were like well we just have them now but when our cd comes out we will sell the shirts on the website. So anyways Royce came out and rocked it and then Eminem came out. He was good but not as good as D12. Anyways during his set he said it was a showcase for Shady Records and they presented him with a plaque for SSLP goin 3x platinum and he gave props to Kid Rock. Also X-Zibit went on stage and did Whats The Difference. Unfortunately I havent seen Slim do any of the shit on MMLP yet because I didnt go to Up In Smoke. I dont know if anyone cares about these stories but if you do let me know and I will post one about the first week he blew up in detroit and his first big instore signing.
    My Detroit Music Stash

good stories man, lets hear tha others

Comment

Hey halfbreed I wanna hear the others! Since you actually live in Michigin you get to see all this stuff that a lot of other peeps on this board don't get the chance to see.

Comment

Aight heres the one about his instore i am gonna hook up a pic of the flyer i kept lol. Anyways I am not sure the exact date but it was a week or so after SSLP dropped. Em was pretty damn popular and it started at 2 pm. So anyways my friend lives down the block from record time (the best record store in Detroit FYI) so we decided to go there when it opened at 11 am lol. Anyways I brought my cd player where i had the whole kid rock cd and eminem cd on lol. And we waited and chilled while NO ONE was there. Anyways there was 3 of us and around 12 they made us start a line so we started one and we were first. By 1 pm the line was going out of the store and was HUGE. around 2:30 you see eminem come in and everyone goes nuts. He sits down in the chair they got there and starts signing. They had a bunch of shit for him to sign but I just got my cd signed since i brought it to be signed. I went up to him and told him im a big fan of the detroit scene and he is some fresh shit to come out and i said that he is gonna blow up bigger than ICP lol. (at the time there was NO beef between the 2) He said thank you and its aweosme to have supporters like me and he thanked me for coming and meeting him. All in all Eminem is one of the nicest entertainers I have EVER met and I hope he hasnt changed. So anyways when I walked out Channel 2 news was there. I talked to one of the announcers and they noticed me and my freinds were first in line so we got on the news haha. They asked us all about eminem and his controversy and we said that his hit single at the time "hi my name is...." is actually one of the weakest on the album and is not the best respresentation of his music. So after that my friends dad who is hella cool went around the parking lot and stole about 40 HUGE eminem posters haha. Then we went back home and that was that and I have an autographed CD and a great memory of Eminem.
        My Detroit Music Stash

Comment

Also Here is a pic of my CD I got signed. And Shady D12 Diva IM ME my name on aim is HalfBreedPsycho
          My Detroit Music Stash

Comment

HalfBreedPsycho... damn thats cool.... i live in Michigan and almost got to meet him because my friend's dad was gonna handle some of his court papers.... but his dad had to go outta town and they got someone else to do them.... but thats the closest ive ever gotten to meeting him.... only been to concerts but thats it....
            Dirty Shady
            Straight Outta Tha D
            RIP - all lost on 9-11-2001

Comment

See though I dont really care if i meet them cuz i am not really star struck. If i saw him on the streets i would be like yo im a big fan and be on my way. It was an autograph signing so thats the only reason i got something signed lol. Either way he was very cool and its a representation about how he is to his fans. I have met alot of other groups and rappers like Deftones, Busta Rhymes, Kottonmouth Kings, Cold, Factory 81, and Dayton Family. And of all those Eminem was the coolest to his fans 4 real.
              My Detroit Music Stash

Comment

yo anyone else that went to the show right by thanks giving the 27th i think at the royal oak place i just rememeber sitting there watching them and then i heard fuck icp does anyone know of that d12 song they sang it back then

Comment

No but I remember D12 saying fuck icp too lol. I was in the back and it pissed me off haha. But I couldnt deny their talent.
                  My Detroit Music Stash

Comment

I got this Eminem autograph, but its too big to attach on here. Just AOL IM me if yall wanna see it. I met em at anger management, he was pretty nice and kool.

I LOVE EM!!!!! EMIN3M!!!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by virgiehuff, Today, 01:38 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post virgiehuff