HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats really going on with Shady records and Interscope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats really going on with Shady records and Interscope?

I dont want this to come across as a negative post...but what the fuck is up? D12 dropped 2 great albums, Obie dropped 2 great albums ( nothing will ever touch Cheers) and for Em nothing needs to be said. So where the fuck is everyone? Why is everything so " low key" ? It doesnt take 5 years to produce an album. Why does everyone say the same things about Eminem? Whats goin on behind the scenes? Is it money disputes? No one hungry for the rap game anymore?

I'm writting as a huge fan of D12, Em and company. At this rate I'm going to be retired by the time all the albums I want to hear come out. I'd just rather someone say " Shady doesnt wanna run the rap game" or something to that effect so I'll stop waiting for these records to drop.

It's nice to see D12 drop a new mixtape and get their name out again. One can only hope for another classic.

Well, we know about as much as you do when it comes to Shady's bullshit. Obie Trice isn't really to blame, though. Second Rounds On Me came out in '06 and Bottom's Up is supposed to be out sometime in '08, though that seems doubtful to me.

It's just laziness, lack of motivation, whatever you wanna call it. There is no financial issues with Shady, trust me. If any Shady artists were really motivated to put out new material, the record label is the last thing that wants to stand in their way.

With D12, I think they have a little more of an excuse. From what I know, the reason it's always been hard to put out new material is that they can never get Em involved. Proof is gone, so that probably held them back a bit, but I think now that they've broken free from Eminem's shadow, we can expect more from them. Return of The Dozen was recorded in less than a week. Why? Because they didn't have anyone to wait around for.

People like to blame the record labels for pushing back the release dates and not creating enough buzz, but when it comes down to brass tacks, the truth is that everything depends on whether the artists themselves are motivated to put out music. For instance, if you know me, you know I can't stand Lil Wayne. His flow, his creativity, I just don't see anything in him. But there is one thing about him that I cannot help but respect, and that is that the man puts out new tracks every week. He is motivated. Shady's artists...Not so much right now, and that's why we won't be seeing King Mathers or this upcoming D12 album until at least Spring of '09.
    Download my full mixtape, The Seven Circles EP, right here for free!

Comment

I'd say Ca$his shows a fair amount of motivation.
      I'm known to have a hottie open, I keep the shottie smokin
      Front and get half the bones in your body broken

Comment

Originally posted by Baydestrian View Post
        I'd say Ca$his shows a fair amount of motivation.
        Does he show a fair amount of skill to go along with that?

Comment

Originally posted by mpic92 View Post
          Does he show a fair amount of skill to go along with that?
          Eh, somewhat. He's not incredible, and way too gangster for my liking, but you must admit, the production done on his beats are top-notch.

Comment

Cash has some potential, hes one of the realest on the label and has some nice slaps like Ms. Jenkins. I really don't care for Stat and Creek, but if they'd get their asses in gear, i'd buy their records.

Comment

Money is the Root of All Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Westproductionz View Post
                It's just laziness, lack of motivation, whatever you wanna call it. There is no financial issues with Shady, trust me. If any Shady artists were really motivated to put out new material, the record label is the last thing that wants to stand in their way.

What?? dude Obie just recently got his own studio. Stats already working on a second album. Cashis has put out at least 6 mixtapes since being signed to Shady and has a double album on the way...to say the artists are lazy is pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. The talent is obviously there. What's not there is the retarded ringtone singles that are dominating the charts. Without those songs and a little luck, Interscope wont give these artists the time of day or the funds to promote and distribute their albums. It goes way beyond Shady Records...
                Iím here, Iím present, Iím suffering

@gracihas

Comment

Originally posted by Westproductionz View Post
                  Eh, somewhat. He's not incredible, and way too gangster for my liking, but you must admit, the production done on his beats are top-notch.
                  Yeah, I've heard a good amount of Cashis and only a couple songs have impressed me. I'll definitely get his album though and it'll have great production.

Some may call me crazy but from what I've seen, I think Stat and Bobby Creek are better than Cashis. Statlanta needs to be released, and Bobby really hasn't gotten much attention but he's put together some nice songs. Something about Cashis, i'm not hating on him or anything but his style just doesn't suit me I guess.

Comment

Well if you had read my post I specifically mentioned Obie as one of the ones not to blame, since a two year gap between albums is not as ridiculous as five years. I wasn't talking about the new Shady artists...until they release their debuts officially I'm not recognizing them as Shady. I was talking about Eminem, Obie Trice, and D12.
                    I STRONGLY agree with you about the ring-tone singles, only I think whatever song gets that kind of attention is sure to be overkill before too long. To be honest I really don't like hearing real hip-hop on the radio, because it gets too mixed in with the stupid, incoherent rap that so much of America has come to love.
                    Last edited by Westproductionz; 05-27-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

word... where the fuck are they? WHY CAN'T PAPARAZZI TAKE A PIC OF EMINEM? WTF DOES HE EVER LEAVE HIS FUCKING HOUSE?
                      LOST
                      THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE
                      I... I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by SleepAssault View Post
                        What's not there is the retarded ringtone singles that are dominating the charts. Without those songs and a little luck, Interscope wont give these artists the time of day or the funds to promote and distribute their albums. It goes way beyond Shady Records...
                        take out a lil luck and add in some marketing and you nailed it.
                        Originally posted by Dirty F
                        99% of the time I'm as clueless as everyone else.

Comment

genius who said eminem hasn't reelased in 5 years because he's lazy, is an idiot, between 1999-2006, he released 4 solo ablums (+ greatest hits), done 3 mixtapes i think, he's released a group project (the reup), he's produced and featured on Cheers, helped 50 cent kick off the ground, he starred in a star hit movie, while he produced and recorded for its soundtrack, and he made 2 albums with d12... and to be on top of the game from 1999-2003 is impressive, especially when it was classic after classic... he had started taking a breakin 2006, then his best friend got shot, his wife divorced him, that probably pushed his break a lot longer, then he probably needs the time to get back in studio mode and focus...

that's jsut my opinion on the eminem matter.
                          http://soundclick.com/tashkar18 - FREE AND EXCLUSIVE BEATS

Comment

haha shit Dres been workin on Detox for the past what? 8 years?

Comment

rb forever

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by lesanancy4578, 07-05-2021, 03:37 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes