D12 Release Show Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D12 Release Show Review

So we get there around like 6:45. There weren't many people in line; now that I think about it I was probably right behind Halfbreed and Eminemzgirl83. As the night gets longer, the line wraps all around the building. So I go to the VIP side and they tell me I have to wait till 8:00..No big Deal. So I am waiting and waiting and I see this kid with a D-12 chain..I was like "yo Jason", he's like what's up, so we're bullshittin' for a min and he's like "When you see Jim let me know" so I'm just chillin' which was cool because anyone who's anyone in Detroit hip hop was there. I was standing and Obie comes around; all his crew is there and (Big UP Mountain Climbaz too).

Then this other kid with another D-12 chain walks out and that was Dave. So Jason keeps going in and out like "where the fuck is Jim?" Jim keeps calling him saying he's on his way, he's on his way...So like I said doors were supposed to be at 8:00, but I don't think they opened till like 9:15-9:30 roughly. Then they finally start letting people in and she couldn't find me on the list right away, but I don't think she was paying much attention..lol I was on their though (Good Lookin' Jim and Proof...much love) So I walk in and the Dirty Governor still wasn't there. You walk in and you get a bag with an exclusive shirt and the promo.

So we go to the bar (gotta start it right) and get a few beers. So we're just chillin' with Jason and Dave and then DJ Don Q goes on. He was pretty dope..he played a lot of hits and songs that everyone knew. He had people goin' on the floor. All the while it's cool because I am seeing people I know and just kickin' it with DJ Butter, Paradime, and a few other people. So sometime in between all this Dirty Jim rolls in all fashionably late. You couldn't miss him because he had a Detroit Tiger's Jersey with the name "Dirty" on the back and number 12.
    At the end of the Dj set, there was about 30 "dirty dancers" on stage. Basically they were wearing skimpy D-12 shirts and this was a nice sight (Props to Whiteboy!) They were all shakin' it like it was no one's business for a good 20 minutes. Then this group called Da Omen came on. To be totally honest I wasn't paying much attention to them, but they sounded pretty dope. Then the Beatnuts came on (late addition I believe). They were tight and that was a nice surpise.

Next was the Well-Known Asshole Mr. Trice..He kicked 2 songs, but I was fucked up by this time so I am not sure which ones (my bad Obie)...haha Obie rocked it 4 sho! He's about to blow the fuck up too. So he's done I go buy like 4 waters and head back to the floor...Now it's the moment everyone has been waiting for! DIRTY MUTHAFUCKIN DOZEN, "nasty like a skank slut with 30 fuckin' husbands". They ROCKED "Instigator", "Pistol, Pistol", "Shit Can Happen", "Purple Pills", "Girls", "Fight Music", "Pimp Like Me", "Under the Influence", "That's How", and the last song was "Revelation". For the complete set list (although this is close, but not in order) get at Jim, Jason, or Dave. The crowd was especially bananas during "Shit Can Happen", "Purple Pills", "Fight Music", "Under the Influence", and especially "Revelation"! I lost my voice a bit...Jim was rockin' it on stage the whole time with the group..all he needed was a mic... haha There was also a moment of silence for Bugz (rest in peace) and people actually respected it, so that was dope.

Now for the kicker...I think it was around 1:30 am and it was over. I was just chillin' then all the sudden there's Royce. So I give him props, tell him he's about to "blow the fuck up" and he gives me dap and some love. So I am worn down from the alcohol, I am out of water and I was just chillin'...I lost track of time and before I knew it I also lost my boys I was with. Now it's late as fuck and I can't even remember where we parked so I just chill. Then all the sudden I see the Dirty Governor again and he's like look wait in this room. So I'm chillin' with Jason and Dave for a bit and then we rolled... It all worked out cuz they are staying about 5 minutes from my house. So we went and got something to eat and they dropped me off. I called my boy's voicemail and just told him I was alive and apologized...

So to sum it all up, there was no afterparty that we knew of, but I'm sure D-12 and company partied like crazy. The show ended later then usual and I'm sure that's how it was planned. Anyways, the show was off the fuckin' hook. BANANAS! I just fed off the energy of the group. I can't wait to do it again... Much love to D-12..Down since '96 and proud and happy as fuck that their gonna make it. I promised a thorough review and I tried to get down to the last detail...

If there's anything I forgot I am sure Jim, Jason or Dave can take care of it...I wanna thank Jim and Proof for making it possible. I am a huge fan and I genuinely appreciate it...Holla at me Jim

Peace Dirty Heads

Last edited by richiez313; 06-10-2001, 11:46 PM.
    My Eminem and D12 collection for sale

Yo that show must of been of da hook!U r sooooo lucky I wish I could go 2 it but I live so far away.So dirty jim and D12 hooked u up on tha vip list thats fuckin cool man!Just like those tickets u got hooked up wit.
    Thats a good thing the crowd gave silince 4 BUGZ R.I.P.
    Not like that other show In 99, 2 days after bugz died.

Check my new post under the news forum 2 support D12!That would b so cool just chillin wit dirtyjason,jim and royce.Where were they stayin that was 5 minites from your house a hotel or a house?
    Thanx fo da info.
    DAYZ IS SHORT AND LIFE IS SHORTER.
    Keep it real.

www.cvsfinest.com <---real hiphop

Comment

sounds like you had a blast dawg.

wish i coulda been theyre, but i just got tickets to go see D12 on July 1st in my hometown.

peace
      Yo If It Wasnt For Your Whip, Id Have Nothin To Strip
      If It Wasnt For A Wrist, Id Have Nothin To Slit
      If It Wasnt For The Shrooms, Id Have Nothin To Chew
      Yo..
      Im Just Fuckin With You, Cause I Got Nothin To Do

Royce Da 59 and Slim Shady

http://www.kingroyce.com

Comment

Originally posted by D12 fo life
        Yo that show must of been of da hook!U r sooooo lucky I wish I could go 2 it but I live so far away.So dirty jim and D12 hooked u up on tha vip list thats fuckin cool man!Just like those tickets u got hooked up wit.
        Naw when you're on the list, you don't need tickets. That was the "ticket".

That would b so cool just chillin wit dirtyjason,jim and royce. Where were they stayin that was 5 minites from your house a hotel or a house? Thanx fo da info.
        They were stayin' in the sewer system like 5 minutes underground.. haha I mean does it matter where they're stayin'?
        My Eminem and D12 collection for sale

Comment

Kool..

Damn that must of been a long night but u had a good time ...so its all good ..

Comment

I really wish I couldv'e been there, it sounded fun as hell. Glad you had a good time!

TammyTam

Vote for D12 "Purple Hills" at www.bet.com/106andpark and www.mtv.com for Direct Effect

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              That would b so cool just chillin wit dirtyjason,jim and royce. Where were they stayin that was 5 minites from your house a hotel or a house? Thanx fo da info.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for includen me in the cool chillen peops D12 fo life :-p

And Big Ups to Richie for the directions home and directions back to the jay-boogies and mine penthouse we had there :D
              Dirty Head Dave - Dizerty Dave - Dave Dirty
              Rap Basement
              The One and Only

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by 7Eleven7, 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
              25 responses
              0 likes