HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

criticize d12s new songs, can you do better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• criticize d12s new songs, can you do better?

Ok people. Ive been on the msg boards for ages but dont post much. but lately i have seen alot of criticism on d12s new shit, and how em is a sell out. unless you can do better i wouldnt say much. and i know none of you can do better or else you would be on mtv and droppin tight albums.

second, my personal opionion on d12 and ems style on it. its where he can express his different artistic style, and should not be compared to his solo shit. I believe with his solo albums he has to give it 110% and he has real shit to talk about. with d12 there are 5 other people who are putting in, and im sure they are all not as serious as marshall. and it seems when d12 raps they are just a bunch of friends having fun, having the time of thier life doing what they want to do. not what the fan base expects from one person.

whats your opinions... have you ever even though of it like this? dont compare or hold to such high expectations. music is an art form, artistic creation. different moods, different sounds.

-peace

if anyone of us can do better? shut the fuck up - we're fans we can critisize just like eminem critisizes many people that he has not acheived what they have dumbass, anyways he has gone mainstream with his fuckin gay clothing line and shit before he said "id never try and sell anything to my fans" but thats bullshit - he needs to go to the marshall mathers lp shit that made you wanan kill someone my band will be a great single and pour your 40 out is probably just tryin to connect to the people who listen to southern music and get them to listen to d12 its all publicity for the album even tho 40 out is gay

Comment

Originally posted by handman
      if anyone of us can do better? shut the fuck up - we're fans we can critisize just like eminem critisizes many people that he has not acheived what they have dumbass, anyways he has gone mainstream with his fuckin gay clothing line and shit before he said "id never try and sell anything to my fans" but thats bullshit - he needs to go to the marshall mathers lp shit that made you wanan kill someone my band will be a great single and pour your 40 out is probably just tryin to connect to the people who listen to southern music and get them to listen to d12 its all publicity for the album even tho 40 out is gay
      handyman....... your gay...... get over the past. like mmlp. let go. you seem like everlast here, just let go. if you dont like it, scram. go listen to your nelly cd. or your lil bow wow.

-peace

Comment

the song sucks dick, from a production point of view i can do much better, so the criticism stands

eminem couldn't produce sperm

Comment

dj blue, congratz 2 yer first good post i've seen
          complete Eminem Discography

Eminem's gotta cuss in his raps to sell records, well me too, so fuck Will Smith. - Jimmy Pop, BHG

Comment

LMAO. You don't have to personally be able to do better to be able to crticize a piece of music, handman is correct about that. I actually liked My Band, it was humorous, and a nice change of pace from that "gangsta" gun shit that Em has been putting out recently. I was disappointed with 40 oz though. Fans absolutely have the right to be critical of the music though without having to be able to make better songs themselves. If your argument was correct, than there would be very little criticism allowed of anything, and fans would just have to deal with progressively crappier music. Hopefully, if they know that a majority of their fans are displeased, they will produce better music. You remind me of stupid athletes that say "unless you have played sports at a professional level you have no idea whats going on and have no right to criticize." The public (which pays athletes or musicians salaries through sales and merchandise) definitely have the right to criticize, so shut up.
            Oh its true, its true

Comment

well some of us have been here for a long time, even if there are some songs we don't like, and there have been and there will be songs we don't like, doesn't mean we stop being a fan.

Comment

orlando. you took the words right out my mouth. eminem does not rap that good in my band and 40 oz. but the d12 album is about the other d12 members not eminem. i mean listen to my band. they're joking around but the subliminal message is that in d12 world, d12 wants to introduce the fans to the rest of d12 and not have them focus so much on eminem till his next album comes out.
                So When The Devil Asks You To Dance, You Better Say Never/
                Because A Dance With The Devil Might Last You Forever/

Comment

right on

Originally posted by Emjaydr
                  orlando. you took the words right out my mouth. eminem does not rap that good in my band and 40 oz. but the d12 album is about the other d12 members not eminem. i mean listen to my band. they're joking around but the subliminal message is that in d12 world, d12 wants to introduce the fans to the rest of d12 and not have them focus so much on eminem till his next album comes out.
                  thanks, thats the point i am making. this isnt about em, its about 5 other people too, and thier having nothing but fun! dont focus on em. focus on Bizzare, swifty, proof, and the rest of d12.

Comment

i think peeps take shit too seriously st...like the can't have fun so they down talk a humorous song like "My Band" just cuz they don't get it...newayz fans can judge and the artist[s] don't have to listen...

and it's about D12 [including Em] not Eminem and D12, damn, that's one of the reasons "My Band" was such a great idea...
                    oldskoolavatar

Comment

Don't tell people not to criticize something, they can if they want. I'm not meaning to knock you for saying that but if they don't like it, let them say it. I personally like the new songs but somebody could do better. If you can do better, start doin it tho cuz u could b gettin paid.
                      As far as Eminem going "mainstream"... do u really c underground artists making 29 Mill a year???? No. If I could make that type of money I'd go "mainstream" too. And I understand that it shouyld be about the music and not about the money but, come on, eryone wants to have their record sell. And just cuz Eminem puts one or two "pop" songs on his album doesn't make him mainstream, it makes him smart for tryin to get people's attention. Plus listening to a bunch of "I'm gon kill u, I'ma steal your weed" gets a little redundant; we need occasional songs like My Band. Y'all know you laughed listening to that song
                      "I didn't sell my soul to the devil, I bought his from him"
                      "You think that bandana makes you a gangsta when all i see is a hankercheif"

Comment

lol to say people down talk the song because they don't understand it is bullshit, i understand the concept... wow... shame the song sucks bevis balls...

its not that i'm taking it too seriously or i don't get the humour, the reason it sucks is because the humour is still on a 3rd grade level, show the video to chimpanzees and they'd love it... and the whole "it isnt Eminem & D12" thing, maybe if they wanted credability themselves as a "band" they wouldn't dedicate entire songs talking about em's fame and hitting the studio to do tracks without him because he's too busy with his solo career, thats where the "eminem & d12" label comes from...

devils night was a breath of fresh air, listening to the follow up so far is boring me, one second em rips into ja rule for making songs kids can dance to, then hits the studio making somethin like this... i'll probably buy it just for my cousins 5th birthday party comin up they'll love it

Comment

Originally posted by orlando
                          well some of us have been here for a long time, even if there are some songs we don't like, and there have been and there will be songs we don't like, doesn't mean we stop being a fan.
                          YEP

Comment

yo my band is the shit

and i think its funny

and i think the beat is perfect for the song

and i havent seen any producer on this board make a unique beat like that

and i think that what morpheus says is true and the matrix is real and trinity is a man but looks like a woman because of the synthesizer in the matrix.

Comment

D12 wouldn't be D12 without Eminem, but on that same note, D12 wouldn't be D12 without Proof, or without Kuniva, or Swifty, or Bizarre, or Kon Artis. It's stupid to say concentrate on the other 5 and not Eminem. That's bullshit. That's like saying Eminem isn't part of D12. And fans do have the right to criticize anything they damn well please. There wouldn't be shit without the fans in the first place. Fuck it, i'm done!
                              "It's every man's dream to have a penis so large that he must hire a small boy to carry it."
                              "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Heridan, 11-09-2019, 02:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post BrookeDavis  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 01-04-2021, 12:08 PM
                              1 response