"Pour Your 40 Out" - Bizarre, Eminem, Kuniva & Proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pour Your 40 Out" - Bizarre, Eminem, Kuniva & Proof

This is D-12 (well, D-8) at the club, minus the witty charm that added quality to tracks such as "Fight Music" & "Blow My Buzz". Instead, this sounds more like a Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz track.

From the grimy, hole-in-the-wall beat to the boisterous, yellin-in-your-face hook, that unmistakable sound dominates the track, making it, both musically and vocally, virtually indistinquishable from the type of joint you're likely to hear playing in any 2004 urban night-club at any given time (which says a lot about Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz). And that's not necessarily a bad thing (a lot of those tracks are indeed quality), but with this particular hook being more annoying than catchy and the verses sounding a lot like freestyle throw-aways (which comes as a surprise, seeing as though the two wackest members of the group are missing in action), it doesn't have much to offer in that field.

Of course, the biggest disappointment (which, by the way, isn't the same as the wackest verse, which easily goes to Bizarre) comes from the one (super) man you'd expect to save the track; Eminem, who (in ironic comparison to the lyrical genius he displayed just a few years ago, during his "I Just Don't Give A Fuck" phase) just doesn't seem to give a fuck anymore.

On the other hand, while the track is pretty-much dead mediocre on the whole, it is the perfect soundtrack for urban club heads (empty forty-bottles in hand, of course) to practice looking hard to on Friday and Saturday nights.

My Rating = 3 (of 5)

~

For more Song Reviews by Marcel Lee, visit www.*************

~

www.marcellee.com

I would agree with everything you just said.
    Originally posted by SteWonYou
    sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
    Originally posted by Temerity
    understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
    Originally posted by Nianco
    Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Comment

5/5. It was an amazing song Kuniva's verse was the best

Comment

reasonable.
        oldskoolavatar

Comment

i dont think eminem was trying to have an *amazing* verse, i just think they wanted a catchy song that would be played around clubs all around.

5/5
          April 11th, 2006 - Proof that the good die young

Comment

Beat: 5/5
            Hook: 2/5 (because unlike Lil John tracks, this obnoxious yelling actually flows to the beat)
            Verse 1 (Bizarre): 2.5/5 (although it was shit lyrically, it flowed very well)
            Verse 2 (Eminem): 3/5 (i never expected em to ever have any part in a club banger, but it was a decent verse)
            Verse 3 (Kuniva):5/5 (undoubtly the best verse in the song, i can already tell kuniva is goign to rule the album)
            Verse 4 (Proof): 4.5/5 (an excellent evrse, however not quite as good as kuniva's)
            Overall: 4/5

theres my review
            Check My New EP Diversify w. UK Producer Jay Dizla
            Canada + UK Revolutionary Underground Hip Hop
            Don't Sleep.

LOST

Comment

^lol kuniva is going to "rule" the album? your basing this off of two songs, how do you know swifty or kon wont??? they werent even in the song. not only that but each artist has their share of good flows and bad flows, i think lyrically proof is the best, but ill have to wait and see...
              April 11th, 2006 - Proof that the good die young

Comment

Proof had the best verse. just because of his delivery, it was hard and just flowed and sounded tight. i hope he does more songs like this
                Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have To Choke A Bitch?

Comment

I'd also agree that Kuniva is gonna rule the album. I mean he's just on fire these days, and Eminem has slipped off the throne.
                  "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Yea i really dont think eminem is trying anymore...and most people dont like this new style he's using. Maybe this is the style he's going to use on his last album, since he changes his style of rapping on every album he's made. Anyways..about this song. It was alright im sure its gonna be played out though like "Yeah". Kuniva had the best verse on this song.

Comment

Just my 2cents.....

I agree with Emrep..... the way proof rocked the beat made his verse the best.... He flowed perfectly to the beat.... Kunivas shit was ill as fuck, dont get me wrong.... but id say proof...

As for the eminem verse.... When i first heard it, i thought it was great.... not lyricaly... for obvious reasons.... but its the type of verse you (i'd) expect to hear on that type of song.... Crunk beat with lil jon.... = a more crunk type of flow from eminem... i dont think that its becasue he dont give a fuk, im guessin it was the "type of song"...

Just my thoughts though.... i could be absolutly wrong and maybe he just threw some shit togeather.... but listen to it again, and tell me if you guys agree with what im trying to say.

"They look up to me, tell me because I'm living proof.
                      If life was fair, then I swear, we'd have a Living Proof."
                      -Chamillionaire-

Comment

Yeah what Retro Fo said
                        You Can Pray 4 A Quick Death Which --- U Aint Gonna Get!

Comment

pour your 40 out isnt really all that good its ok
                          THEY FOUND SADDAM BUT THEY AINT GONNA FIND ME ILL BE UNDER A TREE IN BUTTFUCK TENNESSEE - BIzZARE

Comment

in 40'z out in my opinion,only bizzare's flow wasn't so good[in my band his flow was very good]

Comment

Originally posted by Shag One
                              As for the eminem verse.... its the type of verse you (i'd) expect to hear on that type of song.... Crunk beat.... = a more crunk type of flow from eminem... i dont think that its becasue he dont give a fuk, im guessin it was the "type of song"...
                              i'd have to say i agree with that completely...everyone sayign eminem is trying...

of course he's not trying as hard, he knows very well that if he wanted to he could rock the entire d12 album...he's just trying to give the other members some shine...why is it that no1 else can see that?
                              Check My New EP Diversify w. UK Producer Jay Dizla
                              Canada + UK Revolutionary Underground Hip Hop
                              Don't Sleep.

LOST

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Zavylon, Today, 04:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes