HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullshit among the magazines and the hip-hop world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullshit among the magazines and the hip-hop world...

Pardon me for beating a dead horse and posting rather old crap.. but after reading this off another site ( http://www.eminemonline.com/ Jan 13 2004 news post ) I felt I had to post my thoughts...

I always thought music was a non-biased community, white, black, brown, yellow.. whatever. hip-hop may have started as a primarily black community, but I fail to understand why such a magazine would paint eminem as a racist, I actually would think they would PROMOTE him, and his songs along with other hip-hop artists regardless of race.
    I remember reading quite some time ago about an asian hip-hop musician in NYC who did rather well in a contest ( I forget what contest to be exact... )

Such music, be it jazz, eletronic, rock, hip-hop/rap should be open to anybody rather than condemmed because they happen to be a type of skin color... much like in sports, where all races are free to play.
    So what if he's white? I see no reason to smudge his image just to 'save the hip-hop community' I dont see what's being saved.... Perhaps they have some big secret about the community for a damn good reason on why it needs to be saved that they cant share with the rest of us.. or perhaps I just missed the point completely.
    I think they see hip-hop on the decline because it's no longer a black person in the spotlight as much as eminem is. Dont most generes of music go throught a period of decline before being shot back into the spotlight by some artist that happens to have something good?

Anyway.. I respect eminem for his lyrics and the way he built himself up to what he is now.. that is the true american dream right there.

Before anybody else asks.. yes im white, and I enjoy all forms of music

Now... bash away!

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Monret, 04-16-2021, 07:38 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post WesleyDrake  
Started by Louiscuming, Today, 12:53 PM