HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOw much money does it really take in the music biz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOw much money does it really take in the music biz?

There seems to be quite a few people on this board that know about the music biz, so I decided to post this question here and I am going to post it in one of the other forums. Anyway, can someone tell me how much is too much. My situation.....I am redoing a demo (I sing) and this guy is telling me that he works with Mya, and Destiny's child and he is working with Sara for Da Band on her solo project. I have seen the proof that all of that is true. He says that he will co-wirte my songs and be my vocal producer for all of the tracks in the studio. He said that for this, he is going to charge $1500.00. Is this reasonable? And before anyone asks, no he is not providing studio time, he CD's of the finished project and he is not the one who is going to shop the demo or go to the radio stations...my manager is still responsible for that. Any help in this matter wil be more than appreciated. (readsmili
    The spoiled one

i have no idea...lol
    "Fuck A Image And A Blunt...That Aint Rap Dog...Be Who You Want To Be But Let It Be Fact Dog" - Obie Trice

Comment

it's only worth if he doens't co-write generic stuff and can't help refine you voice
      G.A.S (G-unit Afterman Shady)
      We fueling this rap shit

Comment

Whoa...Thats great ...good for you...
        I don't have a clue whether that price is reasonable or not...but it sounds good...
        I guess you should probably wait til more heads respond to this...
        One Be Lo / Discography
        Proof Discography
        Bugz
        VISHISS

Comment

Thanks you guys. Hey sniper! Yeah, it is good, but you know how people are and especially here for some reason. If they know you have the money to spen (or think you do) they will go by that and charge as much as they think they can. I am trying to be careful. I am only going to leave this post up for a few days to see if some people can help me out.
          The spoiled one

Comment

Thats sound like a great oppertunity for you, well done! I have no clue about whether its a good deal or not though!

Comment

It does sound great but I have to be leary of the 2 good 2 be true thing.
              The spoiled one

Comment

1500 for a whole album? well depends if u can make that money back in sales or at least most...if not then think if the risk of not gettin noticed or signed by a big company is worth 1500, just for that one guy, not to mention w/e else ya got ta spend on ya album. but i know shit bout the record business this just my 2 cents....id try and wheel and deal the guy down a couple hun if u do decide to spend that.
                ReppiN' PegCity 2o4

Comment

if your good, do it, if not, dont bother!

Comment

1500 sound a lil steep...can you try to make it a little bit cheaper..not a lot but if he doesnt let you then its prolly still a good deal.
                    Bay Area Love
                    Go 49ers
                    Raiders suck

N1ggaz bustin shots like they lost they minds
                    Like 25 - Life never crossed they miiiinds
                    -2pac

Comment

its like with any other profession.... like lawyers, some charge 90 dollars an hour, some charge 175 an hour, it just depends on their credibility and it looks like this guys has a lot (working with destiny's child and mya). How do you know this guy? And do you have proof that he worked with Mya and Destiny's child? Probably anyone can just say that...

Comment

Originally posted by Kritikal
                        1500 for a whole album? well depends if u can make that money back in sales or at least most...if not then think if the risk of not gettin noticed or signed by a big company is worth 1500, just for that one guy, not to mention w/e else ya got ta spend on ya album. but i know shit bout the record business this just my 2 cents....id try and wheel and deal the guy down a couple hun if u do decide to spend that.

I think you are right. This isn't for sale, it is just to distribute to some companies and radio use. Basically to start the buzz here. So, I won't make it back unless I get signed to some major label for some real money.
                        The spoiled one

Comment

Originally posted by XDavidX
                          its like with any other profession.... like lawyers, some charge 90 dollars an hour, some charge 175 an hour, it just depends on their credibility and it looks like this guys has a lot (working with destiny's child and mya). How do you know this guy? And do you have proof that he worked with Mya and Destiny's child? Probably anyone can just say that...

Valid point! i thought about that. But, he showed me some proof of everyone, except Destin'y Child. At the same time, he still isn't the Neptunes or Timbaland or Eminem. He has some good things under his belt, but as someone mentioned, this isn't an profit making album, it is not for sale, so is it really worth putting that much money into a project that there will be no recoupment from?

I also would like to thank everyone else that has given there honest advice. I like the fact that no one is acting like they no if they don't. Honesty is great.
                          The spoiled one

Comment

Uppin for SpoiledBrat ...
                            One Be Lo / Discography
                            Proof Discography
                            Bugz
                            VISHISS

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiledbrat
                              I think you are right. This isn't for sale, it is just to distribute to some companies and radio use. Basically to start the buzz here. So, I won't make it back unless I get signed to some major label for some real money.
                              If this is the first time people are going to hear you and you are going to send this to major record labels and try to get signed. I would say this is a very important couple of tracks and If i were you I would want them to be as good as possiable. As far as talking the guy down I dont know about all that. Its his job, its what he does don't disrepect him by trying to save 200 dollars. Either you want his services or you don't its that simple. Do a good background check though and make sure this guy is for real. What was this "proof" he showed you that would make you believe he really was working with all those people? Thats all just my personal experiance and opinon and I wish you luck with whatever you decide.
                              www.ifmixtapes.com

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 10-14-2020, 10:23 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:31 AM