I wasn't Impressed with "Devil's Night", Either

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't Impressed with "Devil's Night", Either

Before you read: Yes, This is MY opinion, And My opinion Only. No, I am not hating on D12, and I am an avid fan of their's. I have listened to ALOT of Hip Hop for many years... And D12 has quite possibly a good chance at being one of the best groups ever...

But not with albums like "Devil's Night". I woke up EARLY this morning to ride my bike 13 miles into town to cop it, one day early. Me and my friend waited for about 4 hours for the UPS man came, before we got our copies... Of course, we both went home and spun them... This is my OPINION:

Two (2) funny skits (Another PSA, Steve Berman)
    Nine (9) Hot as fuck tracks (Shit Can Happen, Nasty Mind, Girls, Revelation, Pistol Pistol, Ain't Nuttin' But Music, That's How, Purple Pills, Devil's Night)
    And the rest of the songs have SHITTY beats, but the lyrics, in some cases, are exceptional... And in other cases, Suck a dick.

I have been a fan of Eminem ever since the release of "The Slim Shady LP", and I wouldn't stop liking him unless he lost his mind blwing ability to rhyme his ass off, But I think this D12 album really isn't his best work.

Is it just me, or from now on, Should Slim step aside, and let Dr. Dre and Mel-Man handle the "Executive Producing" part of the album?

The Only Parts of the album I didnt like were blow my Buzz, Bizzare skit, and Nasty Mind. Devils Night was a great album, in my opinion

Comment

yeah ive been hearing this shit latley. I dont know I still am gonna get the album tommorrow even if half the people here say it aint so hot, im still gonna give it a try. I hear people say it aint so great, but I also hear people say the exact oposite so I am just gonna have to decide for myself.

Comment

I been a fan since the Slim Shady EP and I'm tellin' ya - this next Em album better be dope! Or else I'm gonna have to go to Detroit and whoop his ass!
        "Still don't give a fuck
        Still pose naked
        Still specialize on sittin' on *****s faces"

***Bizarre's my big ole teddy bear! And I want to pat his belly to see the big ripples in it...and it's usually around that point that I cum***

Comment

Re: I wasn't Impressed with "Devil's Night", Either

Originally posted by ShadyGangsta007

Is it just me, or from now on, Should Slim step aside, and let Dr. Dre and Mel-Man handle the "Executive Producing" part of the album?

*ouch*

i'ma gonna have to put my opinion in here also and say that I liked every track except nasty mind. i just wasen't feeling it. we already know bizarre is fucked up in the head so why have a whole song dedicated to it. but every track to me is the shiznit. especially american physcho, and revalation. i like that part at the end where eminem yells: "FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!", it really gets me going.
          Mo-X & Lil' G
          www.mp3.com/xtothamo

Unknown Territory Records
          www.unknownterritory.com

Click Here to visit our web forum!

Comment

The fuck, you don't like Pimp Like Me? That's the best fucking song on the entire CD! The beat, chorus, and lyrics are amazing. Obviously, you aren't a real D12 fan. Or maybe you should listen to it a little better. I've had Devil's Night for close to 4 weeks so I have been able to listen to it really well. You just got it!. Listen to it over and over again!
            Board Battles:

Wins:

WWFmail (3-0)
            illatron (4-0)
            2 Swift (3-0)
            Lyrikally Lost (3-0)
            DJ Adzy (No Fuckin' Show!)

Lost:
            GRAVITY (0-3)
            DJ Phat (0-3)
            Dark Druid (0-3)

Record: 5-3

Comment

i fuckin love the whole album and i've only bought it today!!
              the beats are excellent and the lyrics are great especially em and swift.i think they were the best on the album.nearly all of the chorus are amazingly catchy allready.
              the only songs i'm not feelin YET are nasty mind and blow my buzz but im sure after a while i will
              im smacking up sluts
              keepin the hoes in check
              the double s slim shady

if i could capture the rage of todays youth and bottle it,
              crush the glass from my bare hands and swallow it.

Comment

Yeah, hype will do that to things, your expectations get too high
                "Our fathers were our models for god, If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about god?" -Tyler Durden

"Boys Fight, Men Kill" -Styles

"So Unless you and me come to an understandin, you go be under and ima be standin" -Sticky Fingaz

"See Ima know G, I know when ya bein' phoney" -Swifty

"Bitch, I could give a fuck if you like me" - Ice Cube

"The reason why you hate me so bad is cuz you love me too much, and dont like ya self enough" -Ras Kass

Comment

Ok I'm a big mouth so you know i got to put in my 2 pennies!

I burned devils night a few weeks ago.

I downloaded each track and listened to them while i was downloading. I diddn't burn 2 of the tracks, skits.

I think all the actual songs are good. I listen to it in my car where ever i go, basically just tryin to figure out what i like and i really cant pick.

I Did get quite a few copies today to raise sales for the first 2 weeks. I'll take the extras back in 3 weeks i put them on my visa lol.

oh shit 106&park d-12 #4
                  eminem got his tattoo after they made the purple hills video. you can see his eminem tat so he just got it. Between the video filming and 106&park.
                  The Good Die Young
                  Deshaun D. Holton
                  PROOF
                  1973-2006

Proof,
                  Thank you for lettin me know your still here with me.
                  I love you bro,
                  Laura

Comment

disagree

I Think Devils Night Is The Phattest Ish That Has Come Out For a LONG Time Every Track Is So Incredible its amazin i was feelin and still am =] every member spittin they ish. i know its all opinions but in my opinion noting ocmpares to this g shit right now so D12 keepin it gangsta and im respecting it.
                    If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

Comment

i liked the whole album, and i didnt really see any weak tracks. i have been waiting for this record for a long time, maybe that is why i am so impressed with the lyrical talent all of them show on it. i do see why some people wouldn't like some of the beats though. the beat to "nuthin but music "is very similar to the "real slim shady" beat.
                      An MC to a degree that you can't get in college

Comment

Originally posted by dirty irish
                        i fuckin love the whole album and i've only bought it today!!
                        the beats are excellent and the lyrics are great especially em and swift.i think they were the best on the album.nearly all of the chorus are amazingly catchy allready.
                        the only songs i'm not feelin YET are nasty mind and blow my buzz but im sure after a while i will
                        oh you'll be feeling blow my buzz... just listen to the lyrics.. and if it's ever happened to you.. ya know some dip shit fucking with you while you tryna remain high... then you're gonna be like: "oh yeah WERD! DONT BE BLOWING MY BUZZ BIATCH!"

:D
                        Mo-X & Lil' G
                        www.mp3.com/xtothamo

Unknown Territory Records
                        www.unknownterritory.com

Click Here to visit our web forum!

Comment

ok i finally got the album today and i loved it . it's sooo tight.i'm sorry but i was laughin' my *ss off when i heard the little chorus line in nasty mind . it was raunchy as h*ll and i like it lol. i guess you had to be in a mood like i've been all day to feel that song though. the beats, lyrics , and talent on the cd is unbeleivable, i hate almost all the cds i own because i like maybe 2-3 songs on the whole cd, so even for you out there that only liked 9 songs it's still a h*ll of alot stronger then anything else out now.
                          whoever you are.. i already know
                          you're not the one who got away... you're the one
                          who let me go

Comment

I think Devils Night is awsome. All the tracks are great. Im lovin that shit.
                            http://y2rob7.cjb.net

Comment

this is some of the greatest shit i've ever heard. the new cd fuckin blows away anything out there. My favorites are Instigater and Revelation. There fuckin intense. I think Swift is probibly the illest but that'll change in the next week cause they all spit fat ass lyrics. Nasty Mind is hillarious, i don't get why people are hating on it. I just wish everyone from D-12 got on that track. Proof since i know you read this shit, your verse on Revelation is one of the illest verses i've heard in a long time. Hoppefully you guys will Play Los Angeles this summer so i can hear some new shit live,
                              Peace

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by hgjhguiov, Today, 08:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post hgjhguiov