For those of us who have heard 'D12 World'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of us who have heard 'D12 World'

For those of us who have heard D12 world...
    what are the honest opinions of most of you fans out there?

Personally I think its awesome that D12 finally came out with their second album, but I'm just a little dissapointed I guess at the quality of the lyrics on this CD. Even some of the beats in my opinion weren't as on point as Eminem usualy is. Seems to me like Eminem and D12 know how big their fan base is and its just easier to release catchy chorus, less lyricaly creative, songs. To me at least, this album doesn't even compare to Devil's Night which is one of my favorite cd's ever. Guess I listen to Devil's Night so much and I was hoping this album would top it, but its hard I guess...some of my favorite Eminem verses ever are dropped on that cd and all of D12 comes sooo hard on it also. Ah...i was hopin this new d12 would hold me over for a long time like the first cd but...i'm just not seein it ;/ Any other opinions? Only songs I really enjoy listening to are How Come, and Get My Gun....

also...whats up with Bizzare starting off like every song? I've always viewed Bizzare as like a comic relief character of D12. All his raps are usually simplistic or completley bitten from someone else with a twist that is so outrageous its funny. But damn, it seems to me like he's on this cd way more then I'd like to hear...blah i dunno.

Oh well, its the only good cd i've heard in a while but its just not up to par with any of Eminem's previous cds or D12 - Devils Night.

edit: By the way, i also think D12 has come so much harder latley on the Invasion mix tapes then on this album which is why i'm so dissapointed. I expected better then the Invasion mix tapes and ...just not seein the creativity i guess.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Infest04; 04-17-2004, 10:22 PM.

its d12world, not eminem world, all ur complains are about eminem, i havent herd it yet, but i alredy hav the feeling we totaly disagree it hapens all time on this board, peace....
    -FREE PSP- Just sign up and complete one easy offer that costs no money. IT REALLY WORKS, trust me ive doen it b4

Comment

totally understand its d12 world...eminems a part of d12 and he was completley lackin on this cd compared to devils night thats all. I've just seen each d12 member rap so much better i guess....

The good die young, loyalty, and how come had some decent d12 verses. Not really ripping on d12 just sayin i was disappointed a little as a fan.

Comment

Check out my review thread in the Hip Hop section.
        NEPatriots 3x World Champions
        UNC Basketball 5x National Champions
        Charlotte Bobcats UHHHHHHH

Comment

Git up................Eminem spews out some of the best flows i've ever heard. Case closed. Swifty comes closest to manning up to the song, but it's obvious Em is simply superior lyrically.

Loyalty...............Em's inventive opening really works great with the beat. The beat is slammin. The other members (i.e Em's band) roll with the beat fluently, Bizzare nails some shit. Obie even pulls it out, and that's a lil surprising to me because i'm not the biggest fan. However he rocked "I'm Gone".

Just Like U..............Great stuff. The hook is both hilarious and melodic. Bizzare does what he does best.

I'll Be Damned..........I just don't care much about the song. Haven't really even finished listening to it. Just didn't grab my attention.

Dude (skit)..........Smooth, albeit predictable intro.

My Band.................Heard it for awhile, but it still makes me smile.

U R The One...........Meh, doesn't interest me.

6 In The Morning...........Pulsing power beat rocks. Em's okay but I really like Kuniva's part (atleast I think it's Kuniva) whatever he rambles and yells and it flows.

How Come................The songs got heart. All 3 rappers really paid careful and eloquent attention to this track. Hands down the best.

Leave Dat Boy Alone.............You gotta leave dat boy aloneeeeeeeeeeeee, I say just leave that boy aloneeeeeeee. Hah, gets you in this grooved mellow mentality. Shit works for me.

Get My Gun...............Comes at you like a train. All the rappers pull it out on this one, but props especcially to Proof and Em.

Bizarre (Skit)..............It's good shit

Bitch.................Little dissapointed, I like the frenetic pace, but it doesn't compare to most other shady track 13's. Superman, Drug Ballad, even Pimp Like Me. It still pulls it out though.

Steve's coffee house (Skit)...............Hey thumbs up for more genuinely funny stuff.

D-12 World..............Biggest dissapointmant. It just doesn't do it for me. I probably just don't dig the beat.

40 Ounce................Classic. Bizzare, Em and Proof make the song.

Commercial Break...............I dunno, just like Obie on Devils Night. Young Zee just doesn't pull it out.

American Psycho 2.................Wicked. Bizzare's hilarious, B-Real (cypress) has the perfect voice for the hook. I wish Em's rant was a lil longer tho.

Bugz 97...................Great rapper, I imagine what shape D-12 would be in with him in the group. He reminds me of a more clownish Eminem type character. D-12 needs another clown.

Good Die Young.............Good thought and effort. Bad song. I just don't like sappy rap songs, with like violins in the background. I'd rather the track just had a voice saying "Hey Bugz, props go out to you buddy".

Keep Talkin..............Nice bonus for those ppl out there without computers.

Comment

give it time...it will grow on you and become a classic lp

Comment

dont like beats with violins? the majority of kanye's beats use violins or high pitched mice... no hate to kanye, though his beat on d12 world was shit...

Comment

Hey that Through the Wire song of his pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by ST aka Dirrty
                  its d12world, not eminem world, all ur complains are about eminem, i havent herd it yet, but i alredy hav the feeling we totaly disagree it hapens all time on this board, peace....
                  cool, opinions and perceptions always vary, u culd be more overhyped about it than me and i might think its better or maybe i think it will suck, it all depends upon ur expectations and how they change,
                  -FREE PSP- Just sign up and complete one easy offer that costs no money. IT REALLY WORKS, trust me ive doen it b4

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey
                    Hey that Through the Wire song of his pisses me off.
                    i love that song, y does it piss u off?

Comment

Cause it sounds like metal being grated

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey
                        Bugz 97...................Great rapper, I imagine what shape D-12 would be in with him in the group.

wouldnt they be D14 then???
                        Not Your Normal "Guns, Money, Bitches" Rap

Comment

Originally posted by czwrulz
                          wouldnt they be D14 then???
                          haha.... no
                          Derty Andrew - Basically Rex Harrison in an infant's body.

Comment

the cd sucks
                            i was expected something crazy i still think the best cd on shady so far is devils night or cheers most of the songs are not that good i m very disappointed

Comment

i liked all the songs except "U R The One" and "I'll Be Damned"
                              My Beatz

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 01-04-2021, 12:08 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bynarden  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Yesterday, 08:40 AM