Eminem's voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's voice

Notice how it has changed a lot from when he did Infinite. He's always messing around with it. Here's how his voice sounded like on his records:

Infinite: Ridiculously high-pitched, even more than we're used to from him. Kinda monotone and just focusing on his syllables.

Slim Shady EP and LP: Cartoonish, he sounds a lot like Big Bird (props to Marcel Lee for that observation, the rest are mine). It definitely worked for his rhymes, although his flow wasn't as good as it would be (let's not turn this into a debate about which album has the best lyrics, we all know this one has the weakest flow whether you like the lyrics or not, which I do). He apparently didn't like this, because he quickly abandoned it.

Marshall Mathers LP: Louder and angrier, a more rap-metal style. Some of it was a little trace of the cartoon voice but most of it was screaming delivery like a metal record. Also though, it was laid-back in certain spots but usually aggressive.

Devil's Night- Now this one was where his delivery was just weird. He tries to mimic the howling-at-the-moon flow of 2Pac (actually MC Ren sounded like that even before Pac) but without the low growling voice of either, he ends up sounding more like Darlene Love. On the other hand, a lot of the beats have '60s pop melody arrangements to them, so as far-fetched as it seems it makes you wonder if that was his intention.

The Eminem Show- This one is basically a combination of his Marshall Mathers and Devil's Night style, which is what most of his raps after this album generally sound like too.

D12 World- Here he's mostly trying to imitate the drawl of Dirty South rap, which is not one of his best ideas.

Did I miss anything? Naw...
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

yea just lil bit
    "My heart aches with the pain, the life in his breath
    We gotta have fun now, theres only minutes left"

Deshaun Holton
    Rest In Peace Hommie

Comment

the old eminem vice sounds a bit outdated but he rapped better then so i prefer that 1

Comment

Yer his voice has changed. but thats probably due to the fact he got older?? and used new different equpiment as he went along
        LOL @ You

Comment

his new voice is a lot of better...
          Visit ShadyFamily.net

Comment

Originally posted by Device
            his new voice is a lot of better...
            Yea i like his new voice better - imagine his new voice combined with his old lyrics?
            E A G L E S

Comment

i liked his voice on mmlp then after that his voice changed a lot and got really annoyin
              -GiNa :]

Comment

I hate his new voice in songs like "my balls", "ass like that" and "pimplikeness"
                Turn up the system!

Comment

although his flow wasn't as goodas it would be (let's not turn this into a debate about which album has the best lyrics, we all know this one has the weakest flow whether you like the lyrics or not, which I do). He apparently didn't like this, because he quickly abandoned it.
                  On SLIM SHADY EP/LP, Eminem ripped off Masta Ace's delivery. That's obvious.

Comment

Marshall MATHER Lp...i like his voice in dat 1
                    [қ.я.ä.z.ї.f.ϊ.ε.đ]---[κ.я.ä.z.ў][т.о.м.ъ.о.ұ]
                    Props to makeubleed fah my crazy avy

www.applyimage.co.uk/forum

Comment

I like his voice best on SLIM SHADY EP his High Pitched delivery made songs like Murder, Murder and Just Dont Give A Fuck and even If I Had... flow really smoothly to the beat

P.S. since everyone here is picking apart EVERYTHING about Em are we gonna debate how many freckles or pimples he has too????? Geeeeez, Leave Him Alone
                      "PICK UP MY SLIM SHADY TAPE/ITS IN STORES THIS SUMMER/AND MC'S GET HIT WITH A LYRICAL FLOW IN A HUMMER/AND ITS A BUMMER/YOURE STYLE IS WACK/AND I DONT GIVE A........DAMN"

Eminem - Rap Olympics 1997

Comment

Originally posted by yacine
                        On SLIM SHADY EP/LP, Eminem ripped off Masta Ace's delivery. That's obvious.
                        Funny, Masta Ace said he borrowed Eminem's style ..

AllHipHop.com: When Eminem came out, people made these comparisons. My first thought was, “He’s got more of Ace’s rhyme style, than anybody.” I know you and Em did an early joint called, “Hellbound” together, so I’m sure you have thoughts on that.

Masta Ace: First, I’mma say that I personally don’t hear the similarity at all. When I first heard him on a mix CD freestylin’, to me…he didn’t sound like anybody I had ever heard, before. I don’t feel like I ever rhymed like he rhymed when he came out. We didn’t actually collaborate on “Hellbound” in the studio together. But, I was able to meet him at the Up In Smoke Tour. He actually invited me to be a guest to the show. So I got to go backstage and chill with him. What he had said to me when we were alone, chillin’, was that Slaughterhouse for him and his D-12 crew, was an album that musta come out when they were really on their grind of tryin’ to get on in the Rap game. It was the one album that they just played over and over and over again, back when they were broke. That’s as it really goes.

AllHipHop.com: Tell me this though, I’m not the first person to say that to you, though.

Masta Ace: People come with it all the time. I think where it comes from is the song on my album, “Dear Diary.” Where I kinda borrowed a little bit of his cadence on that record. People know that I came out before him and they assume that I been rhymin’ like that. On the record, my cadence was purposely the same cadence he used in certain spots on [“Stan”]. People thought he musta took that style from Ace.
                        Originally posted by midwestwitch
                        If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

how could his voice changed like this in one year?

1999-2000

Comment

halie kicked him in the ballz really hard ^ lol

Comment

lol, she didnt like that his dad put 9t bonnie n clyde non the album

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ppanduss, Today, 10:54 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ppanduss  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 06-11-2021, 09:21 AM
                              4 responses