My Same Song & Dance interpretation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Same Song & Dance interpretation

To me, the song is about eminem and his relationship with hiphop..all the girls represent hiphop...

but since eminem is creative he also makes it literally about the girl characters and their addiction to drugs..and of course the album is called relapse..he incorporates drugs into the song.

Yo... Same song and dance Damn girl, everywhere I go Same song and dance
    I like the way you move! All over the globe Same song and dance Something about it man
    Same song and dance In the Pale Moonlight Yo...

[ hes saying hiphop is the same all over the globe..theres something about it that makes it special]

I'm lookin' at ya, yeah girl Your kind of tookin' back by The whole rapper thing aren't ya?
    Probably thinkin' you'll get slapped so dang hard ya Won't even be able to stand up straight, aren't ya?

[[literally about a girl..but also hiphop..hes saying " yea im back, are u scared im going to slap rap upside the head?"]
    ]

Couple rape charges, people think you're a monster
    The police constantly buggin' ya non-stop

[ couple of rape chargers= he murdered a bunch of ppl on features crowned the killer, and came in with sickness..raping the game,dominating, the police= media/fans

I walk up on ya, well hello Tonya
    I think ya got your OnStar button inside your car stuck.
    You outta gas, do you gotta flat?
    I would hate for you to be stranded at the laundromat I got your back
    [ hello hip hop i see ur not doing too good..let me help u]

Why don't you put your laundry basket in the back
    And sit up front, not askin' it's a trap
    You just got jacked and body snatched and it's a rap
    In broad day, with no mask for this attack I heard 'em say, exact opposites attract
    If that's a fact, it'll take task force to get ya back
    [ basically saying hes going to kill hiphop]

Yeah baby, do that dance It's the last dance you'll ever get the chance to do
    Girl shake that ass You ain't ever gonna break that glass
    The windshields too strong for you I said yeah baby, sing that song
    It's the last song you'll ever get the chance to sing
    You sexy little thing Show me what you got, give it your all
    Look at you bawl, why you cryin' to me?
    Same song and dance...

[the chorus is talking about how hiphop sucks..and the formula they been using since hes been gone isnt enough to really have an impact and break the glass...its the last time they will get to try a but they will continue their wackness..its the last time obviously becuz eminem is coming bak to really leave a mark, and obviously the chorus is also talking literal about the drug addict girls and him killing them, which still means killing hiphop[ in a good way]

The first victim I had, she was a big one Big movie star, a party girl, big fun

[ His SSLP,MMLP,TES,8 MILE reign..also talkin about britney in the literal side of the songs story]

She was the girl the media always picked on In and out of rehab, every 4 to 6 months

[ hiphop was being criticized when he was in power, and his music too, and he would drop **** every 4 to 6 months to keep hiphop going strong,... n britney story]

She was always known for little pranks and slick stunts
    And Nickelodeon flashed her little kids once

[hip hop had always been known for its controversy, but at the time he was in power it was starting to expand more and he saw his audience was even expanding towards the younger age he was an icon..he helped make hiphop bigger]

What an event it was,
    I was sitting in front I was hooked in it the first glimpse of them buns

[ when he realized how much hiphop was growing and becoming universal and he got real focused when he saw that]

Seen her back stage now here's where I come in son
    Look here she comes I better pull out the big guns

[[he went back to the studio and tried to go all out the best he cud cause he knew how much it could affect hiphop at the time..or it means behind the scenes is where he started [ underground] but now that he has the limelight globally and hiphop is the biggest it ever was at the time, he wanted to seize the moment..own it]]

Hello Lindsay, you're looking a little thin hun
    How bout a ride to rehab, get in cunt
    Starting off on the wrong foot is what I didn't want
    Girl I'm just kidding let me start over again hun
    See what I meant was, we should have a little intervention
    Come with me to Brighton, let me relieve your tension
    You little Wench ya, murder wasn't my intention If I wanted to kill you it would of already been done
    Slowly she gets in and I begin to lynch her With sixty-six inches of extension... cord.

[ basically says how he dominated in his first run when he was on top of the rap game]

My second victim was even bigger then the first
    Pop star, icon, the whole works

[ this time around hiphop is even more universal,since hes been gone]

She played a little schoolgirl when she first burst
    Upon the scene and seen that the world was hers
    She twirls and turns and flirts in skirts so bad it hurts

[ hes explaining how hiphop didnt know how big it could be at first, but when it figured out how much power it had gained, it started to live it up ..so much so that it becomes reckless..hiphop started to decline..got full of itself.]

It irked me and made me mad at first I lashed out through my songs but what was really going on
    Was that I had developed a crush I just didn't know how to tell it to her...
    Should I cut off one of my ears and mail it to her?
    Send her pictures of my collections of skeletons of, footage of me impaling myself on an elephant tusk?

[ hes saying at first it made him mad to see hiphop go down the drain, and at first on the re up when he returned he was lashing out about it, but wat he figured out is he needs to rejuvinate the game..but he didnt know how..should he tell them his taste,whats good and whats bad..mailing his ear metaphorically...or should he make ppl remmember the greatness he did before..maybe by doing it again,

We'll settle this once and for all, I'mma tell her at dusk Tonight, tonight is the night and tell her I must
    Creep up, to her mansion in stilettos and just climb the gate and ring the bell like hello my love,
    I just picked your prescription for Seroquel up!
    Now would you like to share a pill or two with me?
    I'll share my valium with you cause I'm feelin you Britney!
    I'll trade you a blue one for a pink one Ever since a schoolgirl juvenile delinquent
    I've been feeling you ooh ooh girl you sexy little gal you

[ hes going to settle this once and for all by making relapse 1 n 2...n also saying hes loved rap since he was little, and he also says " im going to show u i can rap with ur new producers, and go on songs with some of ur new fav rappers, ill make u believe in me again..that i can rape the game again..ill trade u a blue one for a pink one..send me ur rappers ..ill trade verses"]

Hold that pill any longer it'll get sentimental value
    Come-on toots, give me the valium alleyoop...
    I'll slam dunk it in your mouth til you puke
    And just as soon you pass out in your alphabet soup I'm 'bout to, make a new outfit out of you
    New outfit? **** I'll make a suit out of you
    Shoot! Now show me how you move baby do how ya do

[ hes saying the wait is over,if u let hiphop ride the way it is any longer, its going to stay in the past,so pass him the torch[ give him the valium alley oop]..respect him, let him lead.. then he says hes going to dismantle the rap game...make a new outfit out of it..fuk it make a suit out of it..but until relapse 2 comes out..go ahead dance one last time...last time ull ever get the chance to cuz rap will never be the same]

Same kickin' and screamin' same cryin' and sobbin' Same song and dance...
    Same diggin' and pleadin' same yellin' and bleedin' Same song and dance
    Yeah Same song and dance know Same song and dance

[ same song and dance as last time when he entered and destroyed the game]
    Last edited by H.O.O.D.; 03-06-2010, 12:40 AM.

dude that was crazy b ut it made sence

Comment

and before anyone complains..i post the same threads on sohh.com...thats y if u check the times..they are basically right after each other...but anyways..on with the discussion

Comment

i think you read a little too much into it, but then again, lots of artists make their sh1t to be open to interpretation

i always felt like it was a stab at those complaining about his dissing of pop stars, and also a play on the serial killer theme where most serial killers M.O. involves some kind of obsession (mariah, for instance)

em seems to like to do sh1t out of spite, people whine about him rapping about christopher reves, and he does it even more, people complain about the pop star issue, and he ironically makes a song called "same song and dance" doing just that, he's trying to see if he can still push those buttons, as long as people keep b1tching about it he's content with his little bugs bunny routine lol
        exactly...the song also means the same song and dance routine ppl expect from eminem where he talks about pop stars again in another song..see how creative the song is when u tie in all the other info?

all of relapse is like this...ppl just dont take the time to really comprehend this work of art
        Last edited by H.O.O.D.; 03-06-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Hes actually talking about kidnapping various women, and the chorus represents them trying to get away. lol @ coming up with some shit like this, although I do admire the broad-mindedness, I completely doubt he was trying to express his thoughts the way you think he did.

Comment

Originally posted by ImMoRTaLBeiNG View Post
            Hes actually talking about kidnapping various women, and the chorus represents them trying to get away. lol @ coming up with some shit like this, although I do admire the broad-mindedness, I completely doubt he was trying to express his thoughts the way you think he did.
            its a dual meaning song.

one is the literal version...other is metaphorical..its just crazy good that he mixed both stories perfectly...thats what you guys dont get..ur not giving eminem the credit he deserves..or even recognizing the complexity of his work

its funny how u guys will admit eminems rapping skills are above most...but u cant seem to deal with the fact that his songs actually have deeper meanings ..and he doesnt make songs like most rappers do..where however its said is prolly exactly what they meant...eminem is a real artist...if anything he should be on the short list of big mainstream rappers that actually do make more complicated rap songs [ nas is one other]..with the amount of rap writing skills eminem has..u really think he cant pull off a metaphorical song?
            Last edited by H.O.O.D.; 03-06-2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

You did this with Music Box aswell didn't you. I just don't see it.
              PSN: ALooseScrew

Comment

not reading all that.

song is classic.

Comment

Originally posted by H.O.O.D. View Post
                  its a dual meaning song.

one is the literal version...other is metaphorical..its just crazy good that he mixed both stories perfectly...thats what you guys dont get..ur not giving eminem the credit he deserves..or even recognizing the complexity of his work
                  Eminem's work is not open to interpretation, not at all ambiguous, and let alone symbolic in any way recently. I remember some retarded interpretation about Music Box being posted here as well, as well as for My Darling and even Touchdown where he would be addressing the state of rap and other nonsense that his listeners want to hear. Enough with the selective interpretation.

its funny how u guys will admit eminems rapping skills are above most...but u cant seem to deal with the fact that his songs actually have deeper meanings ..and he doesnt make songs like most rappers do..where however its said is prolly exactly what they meant...eminem is a real artist...if anything he should be on the short list of big mainstream rappers that actually do make more complicated rap songs [ nas is one other]..with the amount of rap writing skills eminem has..u really think he cant pull off a metaphorical song?
                  I'm sure he can, but the songs you mentioned are not metaphorical at all. They are bullshit serial killer songs, and quite straightforward at that. You just have too much time on your hands.
                  '99-'01:
                  Fuck lambs, Iím silencin íem all
                  Iím involved in murders forensic science couldnít solve

'02-'10:
                  I just stepped in a mud puddle, butthole

Comment

you think a song about raping pop stars is about how he's back to take over the rap game? you are either a moron, delusional, or a sycophant...or possibly all 3...you're looking way into this song

Comment

^What Brubbels and Seff said. I don't need to say anything more.
                      Disarm feet, I sense a bunker
                      I'll trace and crate, then out-freight an Archie
                      You couldn't be bum-rushed at a Benefit Concert held inside The Salvation Army!

Comment

Even if it is about Hip-hop that's not very original. That theme(hip-hop being a female) has been done to death.
                        You strong arm, ya fucking corny

JUST STARTING TO FUCK AROUND ON TWITTER

@TimmyBeeSting

Comment

Nope. the song is about him beying a serial killer killing bitches.

Not more to it than that.

great song.
                          "It ends only once, everything before that , is progress"

Comment

lol are u fucking kidding

to the op

Comment

Did i miss anything?
                              "It ends only once, everything before that , is progress"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 09:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by wdiopljhgwej, Today, 04:11 AM
                              0 responses