Em's Reason for Changing Direction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Em's Reason for Changing Direction...

I remember reading this info back in November 2009...

Eminems new album Relapse 2 is set to be released on December 15th 2009, and is split into two acts, Sleep talking and Awakening. The first act is supposed to represent being blinded by anger, while the second act represents, as its title says, awakening. This is also the first album released by Eminem to not have any skits or joke songs. Eminem stated he wanted the album to be his strongest album, in case he decided Relapse 2 would be his last.

It also came with a tracklist which looked pretty real, certainly the most real out of any I've seen posted on the Internet. This is back when they were aiming for Dec 2009 release. Hence Em doing interviews back in November and then Mr. Porter saying sorry we missed it.

Some information that came with this I remember was saying that Interscope told Em to drop the horrorcore / accents because it was alienating black fans and to make more songs like "Beautiful". Now even though people might like to think Em wouldn't do that and Mr. Porter has denied this... Look what's happened - He's dropped the accents / horrorcore shit and his first single is an emotional track with singing... Like "Beautiful". And there's no skits.

Now Mr. Porter has denied this is the reason Em changed direction but just look at the information there. NO SKITS, they said this back in November 2009. I think that verifies it to quite a large degree. Unless of course it was a lucky guess but you'd have to be pretty lucky indeed.

I just hope he didn't change for this reason and hope he has made an album true to himself and not for fucking sales. Because regardless of how much he says he doesn't care, he clearly does or he'd just go independent and have total freedom.

Making a paragraph up and putting it in italics doesn't make it a source...we're not idiots. negged.

Comment

interscope giving good advice... must be fake

You dealt with shady shit? I dealt with shady shit
      But I'm the only one can truely say I dealt with Shady's shit!

Comment

bad repped
        PSN: ALooseScrew

Comment

source is a sourceless post from trshady with bonus fake tracklist http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtop...=70323&start=0

it's bs (obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by kodo View Post
            source is a sourceless post from trshady with bonus fake tracklist http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtop...=70323&start=0

it's bs (obviously)
            Right, it's BS that's why Mr. Porter also said AFTER this information was out that the 1st single would be in November.

Then apologized when they missed a December release for the album.

There's also no skits, confirmed by Em. All lucky guesses I suppose.
            Last edited by Eminembase; 05-05-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I remember all of this and it all seems like Em is just following what Interscope says at this point. Collabos with Drake/Wayne, punchlines and wordplay, anger in the voice; everything points to this being the situation.

But if it results in great music, who cares? It's not like Em isn't used to making emotional music.
              Originally posted by midwestwitch
              Nobody has this album.
              Posted about Relapse on 5/6/2009...Relapse leaked on 5/7/2009.
              Originally posted by Eminembase
              Illmatic is not as revolutionary, daring, exciting or as lyrically innovative as MMLP.
              My tea's gone cold...

Comment

don't care. album will be dope.

Comment

Not Afraid > WMY.

Who gives a shit how he was inspired to do a track like this....it's hot. Album sounds like it's gonna be sick.

Though I do think a lot of it has to do with his OWN "recovery" from rehab and being a drug addict...having a clearer head.
                  25 to life.

Recovery

Comment

Lol. Em is the best selling artist of the decade and best selling rapper ever. I think he's good on sales.
                    Originally posted by Rob B
                    I haven't fucked in close to 4 years.
                    Originally posted by iSquidgey
                    Rob B just made the most awkward post of all time.
                    Originally posted by Swizz
                    Rob B being awkward again, let's just turn around and slowly walk out of this thread guys

Comment

R2 was supposed to have shitty tracks like Buffalo Bill and Taking My Ball. Fucc that

Comment

i like buffallo bill
                        Meanwhile in Sweden

Comment

Eminembase is an idiot. He thinks Eminem is a better actor than Jack Nicholson and physically threatened someone who allegedly stole M Solo's 'exclusives' at TRShady

'99-'01:
                          Fuck lambs, Iím silencin íem all
                          Iím involved in murders forensic science couldnít solve

'02-'10:
                          I just stepped in a mud puddle, butthole

Comment

Eminem is an actor?
                            Originally posted by Rob B
                            I haven't fucked in close to 4 years.
                            Originally posted by iSquidgey
                            Rob B just made the most awkward post of all time.
                            Originally posted by Swizz
                            Rob B being awkward again, let's just turn around and slowly walk out of this thread guys

Comment

Originally posted by Eminembase View Post
                              I remember reading this info back in November 2009...

Eminems new album Relapse 2 is set to be released on December 15th 2009, and is split into two acts, Sleep talking and Awakening. The first act is supposed to represent being blinded by anger, while the second act represents, as its title says, awakening. This is also the first album released by Eminem to not have any skits or joke songs. Eminem stated he wanted the album to be his strongest album, in case he decided Relapse 2 would be his last.

It also came with a tracklist which looked pretty real, certainly the most real out of any I've seen posted on the Internet. This is back when they were aiming for Dec 2009 release. Hence Em doing interviews back in November and then Mr. Porter saying sorry we missed it.

Some information that came with this I remember was saying that Interscope told Em to drop the horrorcore / accents because it was alienating black fans and to make more songs like "Beautiful". Now even though people might like to think Em wouldn't do that and Mr. Porter has denied this... Look what's happened - He's dropped the accents / horrorcore shit and his first single is an emotional track with singing... Like "Beautiful". And there's no skits.

Now Mr. Porter has denied this is the reason Em changed direction but just look at the information there. NO SKITS, they said this back in November 2009. I think that verifies it to quite a large degree. Unless of course it was a lucky guess but you'd have to be pretty lucky indeed.

I just hope he didn't change for this reason and hope he has made an album true to himself and not for fucking sales. Because regardless of how much he says he doesn't care, he clearly does or he'd just go independent and have total freedom.
                              I remember this too. Sourceless or not, I think it's a topic worthy of discussion. As much as I'd like to think Eminem calls the shots and is making Recovery for his own reasons, you've got to wonder the motivations...
                              Sick sick dreams of picnic scenes
                              two kids, sixteen, with M-16s
                              and ten clips each and 'dem shits reach through six kids each
                              and Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 09:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by wdiopljhgwej, Today, 04:11 AM
                              0 responses