Immortal Technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal Technique

BABYGRANDE PARTNERS WITH VIPER RECORDS TO RELEASE IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE'S MIDDLE PASSAGE LP
    Babygrande Records is proud to announce it has entered into a partnership with Viper Records to release the next album from one of the hottest and most important artists in hip-hop, Immortal Technique. "After considering the many major label and independent offers I received for the distribution of the next record I decided on babygrande for many reasons: I saw their distribution power through Koch, their solid reputation at retail, and their promotional capabilities as an asset to the team that I had built up. I received contractual agreements that were the most financially stable in the long run for the situation I am setting up. Chuck Wilson and I worked for months to make a suitable agreement and we found that we are both on same page business-wise for this project. I am very grateful for the support Nature Sounds and Caroline/EMI gave me but this was a step I needed to take to advance the scale of the project. This album is going to different from the Revolutionary series. Whereas Revolutionary Vol.2 was a response to the government influenced media coverage of terrorism and the addressing of several industry and hood issues, The Middle Passage is a more broad and more harsh approach. It is an album that will bring Technique back to the streets on which he started hustling and will have a wider variety of subject matter for people to feel," explained Immortal Technique from his Harlem, NY headquarters. "After hearing Tech's first album in 2002 I knew he was a special artist -- you can't help but think about the messages and lives of people like Che Guevara, Malcolm X, Bob Marley and many others of similar stature when listening to his music. His ability to marry his political, socio-economic and historical perspectives with his authentic, real-life street upbringing makes his art potent, unique and entertaining...and his live show is incredible. I was at the first show he ever performed in LA and it was sold out. Without exaggeration, it seemed like every person in the venue knew every word to every song he performed. It was at that moment I knew that I had to work with this artist. I'm also an admirer of Tech's entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic -- he literally produced, manufactured and distributed his first two albums from the streets of Harlem which is a great achievement in and of itself. Moreover, he genuinely wants to touch the lives of the less privileged and does so with both his music and his life. In these trying times of war, terrorism, and world-wide instability, Immortal Technique is an important artist not only for hip-hop fans, but for the world," says Babygrande CEO, Chuck Wilson Immortal Technique's Middle Passage LP will be released world-wide some time in 2005. Babygrande and Viper are also discussing the release of a DVD documentary about Immortal Technique's life and experiences as a hip-hop artist.
    For more on Immortal Technique log on to: www.babygrande.com www.viperrecords.com
    I LOVE MY *BabyTigger*

- Tigg
    aka: NewPorT

yo...this has already been posted..plus this is udnerground shit
    I Am The People, I Am With The People, I Am For The People, Let The Revolution Begin

Comment

that documentry sounds wicked.
      "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
      - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Originally posted by Yung1
        yo...this has already been posted..plus this is udnerground shit

didnt know, and he actually more known, i wouldnt think it very much underground considerin this time next yr he'll have a cd u can buy at ur local record store
        I LOVE MY *BabyTigger*

- Tigg

Comment

what's underground in your opinion tho?
          I Am The People, I Am With The People, I Am For The People, Let The Revolution Begin

Comment

lol i get this a lot, well, keep in mind i did say "very much underground"
            in my opinion, underground artists try they hardest not to get sucked into the bullshit
            most corporations pull them into, while immotal tech is doin this, he is gettin his name out there.
            though he may still go overlooked by a lot of mainstream listeners, and not get radio play,
            he's slowly gettin accepted, once he is fully accepted by the masses will he be mainstream
            I LOVE MY *BabyTigger*

- Tigg

Comment

posted or not, thnx for the info
              ...ALLES IS KUNST...

Today there will be no remorse at all,
              Come what may.....!

Comment

Originally posted by NewPorT
                lol i get this a lot, well, keep in mind i did say "very much underground"
                in my opinion, underground artists try they hardest not to get sucked into the bullshit
                most corporations pull them into, while immotal tech is doin this, he is gettin his name out there.
                though he may still go overlooked by a lot of mainstream listeners, and not get radio play,
                he's slowly gettin accepted, once he is fully accepted by the masses will he be mainstream
                i dont think he'll ever be mainstream

Comment

He is good.
                  Eminem is nothing but a bitch. Word up.:D
                  The Smiling Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by NewPorT
                    you must not know anything about the music industry...he will never be accepted unless he changes everything about his image and what he talks about in his music

its not IT that needs to change, its the industry

Comment

Originally posted by ZoG
                      you must not know anything about the music industry...he will never be accepted unless he changes everything about his image and what he talks about in his music

its not IT that needs to change, its the industry

I know much, but what I was trying to state is, more people are hearin his shit and acceptin it, not just ppl who go lookin for underground shit, but like the guy who passes it on to normal mainstream listeners, and gets them to accept it. u dont need to change to get accepted, u just need to be heard
                      I LOVE MY *BabyTigger*

- Tigg

Comment

First...Look at your post "Newport"...Immortal has a partnership deal with BABYGRANDE and VIPER
                        Tell me...do you find either of those labels mainstream?!? cuz they sure as hell arent.

Second...Immortal Technique is the most political and government threatening artist in the business. If he were to ever go into the mainstream he would be killed. The Government doesnt want a guy to come out on MTV rapping about MK-ULTRA, Brainwashing, The american government, Americas illegal drug smuggling....The government would much rather have 50 cent telling kids if they be "gangster" they will be rich, have hoes, and spinning wheels!! Immortal Technique could never go mainstream unless he changes himself completely...

And yes Zog, the industry does need to change....but it wont
                        http://www.last.fm/user/Real_Hip_Hop

Comment

Musician Forums - Immortal Technique puts all lyricalists to shame ...
                          ... Reload this Page Immortal Technique puts all lyricalists to shame. User Name, Remember
                          Me? Password, ... Immortal Technique puts all lyricalists to shame. ...
                          http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/ showthread.php?threadid=247247&styleid=17 - 101k - Cached - Similar pages :D
                          The Smiling Warrior

Comment

Whoops!

http://www.musicianforums.com/forums...247&styleid=17
                            The Smiling Warrior

Comment

zog always pops up in this topics and gets eaten

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rplwpaf, Today, 08:26 AM
                              0 responses