Fat Joe-Cuban Link Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Joe-Cuban Link Beef

hey..can anyone give me some info on that...i mean they used to be very close to each other....and i read an interview with Cuban on HIPHOPGAME.COM and he explained some stuff that has happened beetween him and Joe since Pun passed ....i mean why does Joe hate him right now...??? 2#:-(
    Bboyin rulzz...Hip Hop 4 ever...!!!

download "hotel" by Cuban Link, the intro explains it all
    I flip the script like a dyslexic actor

Comment

this has been goin on for a while now,i mean i was listenin to street wars 5 jst 2day and they were beefin back when joe brought out his loyalty album.

I think it's jst coz pun made joe who and what he is and joe and reppin him like he should b!
      If you want a free rapidshare/megaupload account then click this link and sign up
      http://www.freepremiumaccounts.com/?r=1235584

Comment

one of fat joes men cut cuban links face with a bottle before too. I've got a magazine from long ago that explains a lot of it. In one part it talks about fat joe meeting one of cuban links men in a park wearing a hoodie and a pair of tims, for a one on one fight.
        "I can gather all the news I need on the weather report."

Comment

cuban n joe arguing about his album being pushed back and fats cuts him with a edge of a ashtrey scarring him. some shit like that

Comment

yo 10x guys......anyways i'll look up on some more info...!!!

Comment

ok...so i got a lil more info an i deicded to post it in here...!!

this is an interview with Cuban...PART 1

Interview by Brian Kayser
              Cuban Link has been doing his thing for a minute. The South Bronx MC, who is formerly known as Lyrical Assassin, was in the “Full-A-Clips” crew along with Christopher Lee Rios a.k.a. the Big Punisher (then known as “Big Moon Dog“), and Triple Seis, has always had a knack for words and a passion for blazing mics. The crew’s next move was to the Terror Squad, which had an MC by the name of Fat Joe.
              Everything started to fall apart after Big Pun passed away on February 7th, 2000 from a heart attack and respiratory failure. A year later, Cuban Link would be slashed in the face in Jimmy’s Bronx Café. It was reported that fellow Terror Squadian Fat Joe had set it up. Cuban Link’s got the street classic “24K” which isn’t his “official” debut solo album, but it‘s a classic that features collaborations with artists such as Kool G Rap, Ja Rule, Noreaga, M.O.P, Pink, and Carl Thomas. But he hasn’t been able to get a lot of love in the industry, as it’s been rumored that he’s been blackballed by Fat Joe. In an exclusive interview, Cuban Link breaks down the beef, as well as what happened recently at a Miami hotel, which triggered the Fat Joe diss track “Hotel.”
              “Basically I had a show to do at Zno‘s, the nightclub out there. Some dudes didn’t like us so they threatened to cancel it a week before I performed there. Fat Joe and his gang were out there. They didn’t want me to perform out there. I didn’t know they were out there, but regardless, we went over there. I got on stage and ripped it down. After the club I went to my hotel, and I see one of the Terror Squad members, he did a turn around my hotel. So I tried to get his attention like ‘What’s up?’ So the dude kept it moving, but he was there spying on me seeing where I was at. So three cars come from behind when I was in the corner. I was letting them know that I was here. Y’all gonna chase me? So three vehicles pull up behind me, and one of them has Joe in the passenger seat. I peeped him before he got out the car. Trying to roll up on me, put the drop on me, set me up, whatever. It wasn’t even a one-on-one. He had twelve dudes with him. I looked through the window and I was like ‘What’s up dog? Get out the car n****.’ He got out the car, I had a little glass in my hand. He looked at me, ‘why you got a glass in your hand?’ so I told him I don’t need no glass, I threw the glass out. So we were squaring off like we was gonna fight. But when he walked to the sidewalk, these three individuals, I don’t wanna name ‘em because they fake-ass individuals anyway, but they tried to get face with me. My attention was drawn to them, so the fat dude was sneaking to the other side. So I see him tryin’ to jump me, so I turned around and I faced off with the fat dude, you know, Joe. He swings at me and we start fighting, and then they jump me. So I had my crew there, some chairs were thrown, and we backed them up. They didn’t know I had a crew, because they were upstairs. Some of my people start throwing chairs, hit a couple of them in the head. They backed up, and that’s when we started putting the pressure on them. That’s basically it. But there was a little confrontation.”
              This isn’t the first confrontation that Cuban Link has had with Fat Joe. In 2001, he was ambushed at Jimmy’s Bronx Café. Cuban Link talks about this as well as his beef with “the fat dude:” “The beef goes back to 2001, when I got some scars on my face at a club in the Bronx called ‘Jimmy’s Bronx Café.’ He set me up. I guess he was thinking of something else when Pun passed away. I guess he was in a time of thought when he didn’t really know what was his next move was, and the next move was for me to drop, my album was ready. So it was more of a business move with greed. That’s why I’m doing my own thing now. I got my own label. The whole slashing in the club was definitely something that he set up.”
              While Cuban Link has been quietly working, in the past three years Fat Joe has released two albums, “Jealous Ones Still Envy” and “Loyalty.”
              It’s been widespread knowledge in the Hip Hop Community that Joe bit Pun’s style. Cuban Link speaks on this: “Oh hell yeah, of course. That’s a given right there. Everyone knows it’s Pun’s style, but they’re giving him love because he put Pun on. To a real Hip Hop artist, everyone knows that Pun created his style. I could say that from a personal view, because me and Pun had the same style from the beginning. When we was coming up, we had the fast rhyming, speed up the flow, get back on track with it…I’m not saying I’m like Pun, but if anyone was similar to him it was my style. Everyone’s seen Joe’s flow change. When he did ‘Jealous One’s Envy,’ Pun was helping him, but not to the point of ‘Don Cartagena.’ Pun basically wrote all the rhymes for ‘Don Cartagena.’ So it was like he was adjusting to that style still. He kept that style and format and ran with it. I wouldn’t even be mad if he had taken care of responsibility. He don’t take care of his [Pun’s] family or kids. He don’t do none of that.”
              On the track “Hotel,” which has created a huge buzz lately, Fat Joe is not the only target. Cuban Link explains why he had to call out DJ Kay Slay as well. “Kay Slay (laughs). That’s another dude. He chose sides. Every other situation, he’s neutral. Like he played the Nas’ joint dissin’ Jigga, and then he played Jigga dissin’ Nas. So when it came to my situation, he chose sides. I don’t even know Kay Slay. Before everything happened, I’d seen before. He said ‘what’s up’ to me in the club back in ’98, he used to play my joints. I knew him through Joe. But this is a business, and if you’re choosing sides, that makes it personal. Some cash must be thrown in there. But he took it personal. When I dropped ‘Broken Chains’ he had told some mom-and-pop stores that if they sold my album, he wasn’t gonna supply them with his new joints. So he’s playing along with the blackballing game. So that’s why I had to get at him. I respect everything that’s done in front of me. When you do it behind me, it’s an even bigger problem. That’s what it was in the club when I got my stitches. Somebody came from behind me to do it, they didn’t have enough to do it in front of my face. That’s basically why Kay Slay’s in the mix.”
              Cool and Dre, who have been producing tracks for a minute, were also thrown in the song. Cuban Link explains: “Those are industry dudes, they’re in this for the business. It’s their mentality that counts. I gave a lot of people free passes. I gave Armageddon a free pass, I gave Tony Sunshine a free pass when I saw him. I gave that dude Raul a free pass when I saw him, because I’m not like ‘I hate all of y’all.’ I did my homework, I did my math, and I knew it was fat dude who set me up. I knew it was nobody from Terror Squad that cut me. I knew that. I never took it personally with nobody else out the crew. Tony Sunshine…I went to see them, they’re scared, they’re scared of me a little bit because of what I said, I seen him make a face. But I come with love and I always showed them love. Like with Armageddon, it’s not between me and you, it’s between me and the dude. I tell Tony the same thing.”
              Cuban Link tells the story of running into DJ Khaled in Puerto Rico: “I saw DJ Khaled in Puerto Rico at a convention, and I stepped to him, and he was so scared to talk to me. He thought I was gonna break his jaw or something, which wasn’t my first instinct because I don’t know Khaled like I know Tony and them. So he’s running around the car yelling ‘Cuban chill!’ and I was like, ‘Dog! Relax!’ we’re in front of Hip Hop labels and everything, I don’t do that, I’m trying to talk to him for a minute, but I guess he knows things about me that I don’t know, like how they talk about me when I’m not there. Dre was there, from Cool and Dre, and they acted real pussy. I didn’t even know Dre or Cool, but we can’t do nothing together because they’re rolling with him, and that’s not my choice, because this is a business. Those are the same dudes that go back to Joe and they tell him a different story. They’ll tell him ‘yeah we had that n**** Cuban on the touch over there. It’s a lie. But at the end of the day, the truth prevails so I’m not even worried about it.”

Comment

PART 2
                "After the smoke clears, Cuban Link will still be standing. “I’m by myself in this. I thought I had my peoples with TS. I always thought it was a family thing, I gave them love, I broke bread with them. There was some good times together, with real brotherly love. When that happened to me, everyone went against me. I’m the one who got slashed! I’m the one that had to stand in front of thirty dudes and I don’t even know who they’re with, and I’m by myself.”
                One can’t help but think what the situation would be like if Big Pun was still here. “It would have taken a little longer for me and Joe to get on. If Pun was with me that day in the club when I got sliced, me and Pun would have been back-to-back fighting off those dudes. It’s just how we got down. Business never mattered when it came to friendship. And that’s the bond me and Pun had. Everyone else is just fake man. I’m still handling shit with Triple Seis, that’s my first n**** right there too. That’s definitely one of the first dudes that made Terror Squad, it was Seis, Pun, Joe, and myself. That’s one of the real dudes that knows the truth. That’s it man. The rest, I don’t even have words for the rest.”
                Right now, Cuban’s working on his new album, “Chain Reaction,” which is due for release next year. “I’m doing it myself so I don’t have to deal with these fake industry dudes that sell you dreams and wanna work with you until they hear a problem, and then it’s that blackballing thing. You’re on the blackballing list, and that goes a long way, because the fat dude can find out about anything, so I have to choose my words very carefully. I haven’t found one real dude yet in the industry and there’s so many years I’ve been in it. right now, they’re trying to act like they don’t know a dude.”
                Just because he doesn’t have a catalog of new tracks on the radio and BET, don’t think Cuban Link has fallen off. “Cuban Link never lost his flow, never lost his talent, never lost spitting fire at rapid pace. I’m still here, I’m a little more angry because I had to go through betrayal, but that’s part of life itself. But I’m still here, doing my thing.”
                And to everyone else out there, Cuban Link has one message: “There’s too much rumors going around. Don’t be believing the rumors until you’ve heard it from my mouth. But it’s much love.”

this is another extract from an interview...
                "How did you meet Big Pun and Triple Seis?
                Seis introduced me to Pun. I was 19. He came to my window with this big dude one day, throwing rocks at my window like, 'yo, come down. Let's play some ball.' I met Moon Dog, that's what Pun was called at the time. We ran like five full courts. Pun wasn't that big at that time. He was like 250. He took me to the house. He kidnapped me for like a week. That's where it all started. Real friendship. Seis was always the advanced one. He was the one who took it serious. Seis was in a group called Young & Ruthless, so me and Pun made a lil' name up called Ruff & Rugged. After that, Young & Ruthless didn't work out so we picked Seis up. We became Full-A-Clips. That's when we took it
                serious because there was a guy backing us up that believed in us, Uncle B. We always had love for Fat Joe because he came from the same neighborhood. He was the dude that made it out of the neighborhood. We respected him. I knew the whole street side of TS from playing baseball, chillin' on the corner. Uncle B knew Fat Joe. So that connection came through there. Fat Joe heard us and liked us. He loved Pun. He decided to take Pun under his wing and put him out. In '95, Joe came out with Jealous Ones Envy and Pun was featured on "Watch Out." Joe took him under his wing. After that, it was a rap. Everybody fell in love with Pun. Besides being a friend, Pun was a great businessman. He said, 'don't worry about it. Ya'll with me.' He took us under his arm.
                What did you learn from Pun?
                I learned that there's a time to play and a time to do business. Respect is a big thing, and family values. Regardless of what you might have heard and seen, he was a family man. He loved his family deep in his heart.
                What went wrong with Terror Squad?
                I think selfishness for each individual. And greed. Greed for money. Greed for the spotlight. That's under one man, obviously the only one who's shining is one man. So you know who I'm talking about. Besides that, I don't wish no hate on no one. What's personal is personal. What's business is business. And I'm glad I'm in this business opportunity over here with M.O.B. and not over there anymore.
                What have you learned about friends and enemies in this business?
                There are no friends at the end of the day. In my eye you have to prove you're my friend, for real. Naturally. In many ways. In this industry, it's easy for people to say they're your friends, at the end of the day if a guy has a gun to your head, a real friend will actually do something. Whether it's call the cops or beat the shit out of the guy who got the gun and take the gun from him. Try to save your life. Not the ones that run away. That's my definition of friend cause I've done that for my friends, so I expect that. I'm saying it to the extreme. You got acquaintances and business partners, except certain key peoples that you keep because you know they're
                your friends. But there ain't too many. Believe me, I know about betrayal. And I still got the audacity to say what I said. There's still hope. I had to change my whole thing around. Remember, a 10-year relationship. Sleeping in my house, playing with my family. Then because one person is not your friend, everyone's not your friend. I had to take that route. It's all good. I'm a survivor. God put me here for a purpose."

Comment

this is an article i found...
                  "The doorman at the very trendy Winter Haven Hotel on 14th street and Ocean Ave refused to give his name. All he could say was speak to Miguel Rodriguez, manager of the Winter haven South Beach 1400 Ocean Drive Miami Beach, FL 33139, but when we did all he could talk about was the undisclosed amount of damages that Fat Joe caused to his establishment.
                  After all, what might happen to him for alleging that complicated crimes of jealousy are committed by the so called Don of Rap?
                  ``They just came out of no where and the fat guy yelled over at the other guy and said “You think you’re going to get on now?”‘
                  Then he looked at the broken European glass tables, now sitting in the grassy swale on the side of the hotel, and then at the broken chairs, straddling the property line with another neighboring establishment
                  ``Truthfully, we're scared.''
                  Even though there were no criminal charges, Chief Donald W. De Lucca from the Miami Beach Police stated that the county might be pressing charges against Fat Joe as the antagonist in the whole situation. But the dilemma for the workers and the tourist on the very nice street in South Beach was a scary event for them to experience. Apparently what sparked the chair throwing; table crashing event was the all the recent exposure that a former member (Cuban Link) of the Grammy nominated Fat Joe’s Terror Squad has been receiving from signing a record deal. Apparently Fat Joe has been trying to so call black list the AWOL rapper since their business dealings went sour shortly after Big Pun’s death in 2000. Although this had previously been all speculation in the Hip-Hop world, it was confirmed to me by several sources yesterday that Fat Joe apparently has made numerous phone calls personally to prevent the success of his ex friend and rapping cohort (Cuban Link). Evidently on Thursday December 11th, 2003 Cuban Link was scheduled to promote his tour at the show Mun2 (the Roof) when Fat Joe made a personal call to the Roofs executive producer Anthony Perez asking Mr. Perez to cease the Cuban Link appearance. Mr. Perez granted the rappers request and Mr. Cuban Link was not allowed to perform. Mr. Perez, although not available for comments send this message through his assistant, “The station felt that at the moment Mr. Cuban Link and his music were not the appropriate materials to have on our program”.
                  JUST BE CAREFUL
                  ''It's kind of an accepted practice,'' said Pop, director of operations for the South Beach hot spot Club Z-no’s, ``because there is no other outlet for these failing rappers to go they resort to extortion and blacklisting to prevent the success of others due to fear of their own demise. As Pops informed us they also put in a couple of death threats to his club going as far as, he believes, unsuccessfully torching the club last week. In the official police report the fire was classified as suspicious and is currently still under investigation. But the icing on the cake was after the show at Club Z-no’s at 1400 Ocean Avenue the Winter Haven Hotel.
                  Badui Musa, 23, from Kendall also witnessed the event and gave this detailed synopsis of the events that occurred: “One minute I was asking Cuban Link for an autograph and the next I am watching a glass table fly into the street from the hotel lobby, I just ran inside when Fat Joe arrived”. It seems that Fat Joe pulled up, in a still disputable, entourage of SUV’s and got out of the car telling Cuban Link that he would never be able to resurface in the rap industry. Cuban Link seeing the man whom he accuses of cutting his face several times wasted no time in attacking the Grammy nominee and sprinted like a rocket towards him. The two men whom were both accompanied by their entourages incited the violent melee, which turned into a real live gang rumble. What Fat Joe didn’t expect was that the Miami Police has the nations largest Hip-Hop Police Unit which was already informed and ready for a situation like this one noting that they knew that both rivaling rappers were in town promoting shows. It seems that the Miami Unit had been monitoring both crews and had expected an event of this caliber to take place. No room for another Biggie-Tupac state of affairs to ensue.
                  AN ISSUE OF TURF
                  Much like the Ja Rule/50 Cent drama that has left the once successful Ja Rule struggling and the once struggling 50 cent as the most prominent rapper in hip-hop today, Fat Joe and Cuban Link have their issues to resolve. It very well seems that these two have much on the line, especially when a Grammy nominated rapper will go to the extremes of threatening club owners and television execs, and even making a personal appearance to put a dent in someone else’s career, have we not learned from the Biggie-Tupac incident, apparently not.

Comment

pitbull and cuban link got beef too, anybody know the story behind that?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by 7Eleven7, 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
                    25 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Mark Ultra  
                    Started by touhidfiverr, Today, 01:38 PM
                    0 responses