X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Interview with Royce 5'9 from WWC

from www.worldwideconnected.com

When and why did you start rapping?

Iíve been rapping somewhere around 94. It was just the ďinĒ thing to do. Just to be freestyling. I didnít have no serious motives or anything like that, we just started hittiní over mics and stuff and it was just something that I grew into.

Ok.

Next thing I looked up, and I was on Eminems first albumÖ And it just kind of grew into a profession.

What do you think you wouldíve done right now if it wasnít for the music?

Thatís probably the one question I canít answer.

Haha.

Haha I have no idea, ya know what Iím sayiní. Thatís why I feel like Iím blessed to be able to do this because I have no idea what else Iíd be doing.

How would you describe your style?

My style is diverse. Somebody that can walk that fine line in between being an extreme MC and somebody that can make the kind of records that actually sell, haha. So I would have to say diverse.

Ok. Cool. Whatís your next release? I didnít really catch if it was an album or a mixtape?

We got a mixtape coming in October. Itís called the M.I.C Mixtape Volume 2. Iím currently working on an other mixtape that should be out maybe 3 months later, to set up for the album that Iím working on and been working on. My man Nottz Raw from Virginya is doing the whole album. Itís gonna be real crazy.

Ok cool so heís doing all the production?

Yep.

Ok. Do you plan on having any guests or anything like that on the mixtape?

I only got my crew from Detroit on there, D-Elite. I try to basically deal with more people from my city and just it that way.

About D-EliteÖ Do you plan on releasing an album with the group?

Yeah but itíd have to be some time in the future. I really have to perfect what Iím doing. Go all the way through the door to where I wanna be as a solo artist. Thatís one of the first directions and then Iímma look after my crew.

You mentioned that youíre working on an album, too. How far have you gotten into that?

You know what, Iím working on it, like, piece by piece. Whenever I get a good ideaÖ Iím really taking my time on the album. Itís gonna be an important album in my life. Period. So Iím really taking my time on it. Iím not even a third of the way finished. Iím working on it while Iím knocking out mixtapes. Once the top of the year starts Iíll be able to put all my time and effort into that album but right now itís like whenever I get a good idea or something I run to the studio real quick and get it down and live with it. I think thatís the best way to do a album. When you wanna make it the best way possible, ya know what Iím sayin.

Ok. When a track is ďtoo goodĒ for a mixtape, do you save it for the album? Is that what youíre doing?

Exactly. Thatís a method Iíve been known to use.

Are you gonna stay with the dark theme for the mixtape and the album?

UmmÖ With the mixtapesÖ Iím trying not to make them anything, ya know what Iím sayiní? I donít think itís nessisary to have a theme for the mixtape. Itís like everybody elses mixtapesÖ just songs. Just basically letting people know what Iíve been up toÖ just in between the songs that I do. Just go in and have fun basically.

read the rest at www.worldwideconnected.com
    Check out www.worldwideconnected.com for Hip-Hop & RnB News, Interviews, Reviews, Audio, Videos, Articles, Mobile entertainment, Wallpapers, Dimes, Forum and more...

best mc
    welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
    but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by foufikam, Today, 01:11 AM
    0 responses
    1 view