Tupac Shakur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tupac Shakur?

i know he's a good rapper but what exactly makes him the greatest?

honestly i believe rakim is the goat....

but i want to know why most of america thinks 2pac is the greatest?

i dont think his lyrics are really deep, honestly his lyrics dont stick out anymore than the other rappers who talk about their lives, i always believed the media (i.e. mtv) hyped him up so much, mainly because he was the prototype "american black guy" a hardcore gangmember talking about beef, the trials of life, and complaining about equality plus going to jail and talkign about killing people? maybe its just me

I dont know about America, they treated him like a slave and he spat back at them, the brother had one hell of a life story which has all the materials to make a great worldwide movie. In a kind of way he told his story over music which he painted with a strong personality n charisma for us to picture out of speakers. To me his best work was his earlier hardcore rebel stance on strictly for my *****z and 2paclypse. His music was full of emotion good n bad, happy n sad, peacefull n violent...Was he any where near Rakims flow, not even close. His greatest asset was his charisma n personality but its more the thug then the rebel side of him thats been idolised by wannabes and appealing to teenage girls that has rocketed his music sales to over 30 mill in death. He only sold about 4 mill or something when alive but sold over 26 in death. To say he wasnt talented is bullshit coz i think he had the hardest work rate to put pen to paper. To me pac isnt a great rapper but he got some great songs.

Comment

It's all opinions. If 2 million people believe Pac is the greatest it doesn't mean he is because all those 2 million people are not giving us facts but an opinion. I think Pac is extremely overrated, but that's just me.
      Black master of any trade under the sun
      Talk sharp like a razor blade under the tongue
      clear my path and come get your captain hung

~One Luv

Comment

"i think that honestly 2pac is the greatest song writer that ever lived"-eminem

Comment

i personally think that 2pac is the greatest ever...what makes Rakims lyrics stand out?
          SO SYNCERRE

SupraGodCRK || PH.luv || TaktiX || G-UnitSoldier

FSF

LyriquidPerfection

Comment

Originally posted by BoundlesS_MusiC
            I think Pac is extremely overrated, but that's just me.
            and me

Originally posted by G-UnitSoldier
            what makes Rakims lyrics stand out?
            lol, you serious?
            Originally posted by Rog
            "Let's go play some football, I'll rape you."
            Originally posted by Rog
            One day this girl was being dumb as hell so told her "shut the hell up or we'll rape you."
            Originally posted by KessenGTR
            RB is like an orgasm, but it's everlasting.

Comment

because he got shot......
              I still don't give a fuck.

Comment

People who don't see what pac fans saw/see in him...are people who simply just don't understand his message...They believe pac to be hype and nothing more...which is fine they are entitled to that...but that is their loss. Yes I am a Pac fan...and a big one at that...He stood for everything he believed in and that is something you don't see too often...he is an inspiration and people who realize this benefit because they hear and feel his pain through his words.

Comment

I believe Tupac Shakur was the GOAT or greatest whatever you want to call him. Anyway, for one, he was so deep lyrically it's redisulous. And not only just as a songwriter, but as a poet as well. I mean if you've read The Rose That Grew From Concrete I think you'd probably agree. I mean that's something that appeals to me, when someone can just be deep and real. He also had great diversity, he could go from doing a song like "Dear Mama" or "Unconditional Love" to "Hit 'Em UP" or "Bomb First" to "California Love". That in itself is great, that an individual can make such various forms of art.

I remember watching this thing on VH1 about Tupac, and Treach (of Naughty By Nature) said that whenever 'Pac didn't like a line he wrote in a song that he wouldn't go back and make changes, he'd just write a whole new song to replace it, but still use the old one.
                  ks

Comment

attention all read this for it is the truth of 2pac shakur

Originally posted by o2k
                    i know he's a good rapper but what exactly makes him the greatest?

honestly i believe rakim is the goat....

but i want to know why most of america thinks 2pac is the greatest?

i dont think his lyrics are really deep, honestly his lyrics dont stick out anymore than the other rappers who talk about their lives, i always believed the media (i.e. mtv) hyped him up so much, mainly because he was the prototype "american black guy" a hardcore gangmember talking about beef, the trials of life, and complaining about equality plus going to jail and talkign about killing people? maybe its just me
                    i got the real deal...fuck what them other people up in here sayin..they dont know nothin about rap....2pacs music wasnt just music...he predicted stuff in his raps way back in 1991..when he dropped his first worldwide album...and its called 2pacalypse now...and if u listen to that cd..u get whats goin on right now....now check this...what rapper have u ever know...to have died 8 yrs ago...and then hear songs he made in the past pop up in the future...and sound as if 2pac was still alive....well think about the 7 day theory on makaveli....2pac was the greatest rapper of all time...there will be no other...to be compared with him ever...none...2pacs music was like wonders of science and life...because im tryin to figure out how he came back as a ghost...well he did within his music his voice...thats a good enough ghost...somethin you can hear but cannot touch...and that is why 2pac was the greatest of all time
                    FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

^^^^^^^^^yea wat realize said
                      http://www.cashcrate.com/280596
                      MAKE EASY MONEY ONLINE, REALLY, ITS EASY ASSHOLES

Comment

u no body until somebody kills u or some shit like that...u think em has groupies? pacs groupies have groupies

Comment

2pac was more than a rapper, he was an artist. He brought in new themes into rap, put emotion, included variety, put THOUGHT into his music, his music wasn't just made to impress but rather it was made to invoke feeling and thought in the listener. he didn't wanna just make you say "wow i like that song" he wanted you to feel what he felt and think about it and listen to his message, listen to his music. that's what separates him from rappers like Rakim who when you hear their music its like "wow, that song has great rhymes and flow" and him who's music is still relevant today and can still get to you and make you think.
                          “I love to sin, if I didn't sin I'd have no fun, what fun is that
                          Went to church and had no fun so I claim I'm done with that
                          Not like that, I don't mean to disrespect no one
                          But if you feel disrespected, fuck you, my life goes on”
                          ---Lil Rob---
                          Brown Pride Por Vida

The message I stress: to make it stop study your lessons
                          Don't settle for less - even the genius asks-es questions
                          Be grateful for blessings
                          Don't ever change, keep your essence
                          The power is in the people and politics we address
                          Always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic
                          And when you get stranded
                          And things don't go the way you planned it
                          Dreamin of riches, in a position of makin a difference
                          Politicians and hypocrites, they don't wanna listen
                          ---Tupac---
                          Love him or hate him, he’s the best motherfucking rapper of all time!

Comment

Most rappers today rap about b!tchez, hoes, clubs, cars, etc. Even Tupac himself rapped about these stuff. But, he also rapped about the ghetto, gun control, police brutality, and so on.. Very few rappers do that.

Comment

Originally posted by critikaL
                              Most rappers today rap about b!tchez, hoes, clubs, cars, etc. Even Tupac himself rapped about these stuff. But, he also rapped about the ghetto, gun control, police brutality, and so on.. Very few rappers do that.
                              correction, very few MAINSTREAM rappers do that.
                              What I'm Listening To

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tkaxec, Today, 10:50 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tkaxec