Clear All

• What do you find about the new hiphop genarition

I don't like it verry much I got respect for:

g-unit
    fabolous
    kanye west
    and joe budden but that was it. (arguingsm
    Proof was a fucking bitch i hope he burns in hell fuck you bitch

Well we all say it sure aint like the good ol' days but thats because rappers these days are too focused on money and shit.
    There are still some postive forces in Hio-Hop though, Talib Kweli Common and the host of underground artists still reppin'.
    It's not all bad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/Humpage/

My DVD Collection

Please sub my Youtube channel: DVDeMm (Huge DVD collector)

Comment

Theres a lot of new dope rappers and producers its just that for every immortal technique you got a chingy a nelly a ja rule...a lot of the same ol same ol recycled boring garbage targeting teenage girls is churned out at mass production rates, theese fools so lazy and uncreative that they cant even make up original names for songs..ghetto love, ghetto love 2, ghetto luv, ghetto loves, getto love, ghetto lurv...

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-G
        Theres a lot of new dope rappers and producers its just that for every immortal technique you got a chingy a nelly a ja rule...a lot of the same ol same ol recycled boring garbage targeting teenage girls is churned out at mass production rates, theese fools so lazy and uncreative that they cant even make up original names for songs..ghetto love, ghetto love 2, ghetto luv, ghetto loves, getto love, ghetto lurv...
        -----------------------------------------
        I argeed
        Proof was a fucking bitch i hope he burns in hell fuck you bitch

Comment

the whole hip hop/rap thing is to popular and commercial now, thats what i hate about the new hip hop generation, oh and some girl running into hmv screamin oh j kwon is the best album i ever heard, telling her lil slut mates to buy it

fuckin airhead fucks

kinda puts you off being in the hip hop/rap section
          welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
          but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

Comment

i think it sucks
            a lot of it startin to sound the same
            by the way i fuckin hate lil jon....the only songs that doesnt annoy the fuckout of me is lets go, last call and there might eb one or two more (w/twist or somthin)
            i am shocked at the songs that r on top right now i dono whatev

Comment

mainstreams new generation is wack as fuck, but the new underground generation is tight. psycho+logical/uncle howie, jedi mind tricks, immortal technique.... all good shit.
              What I'm Listening To

Comment

Originally posted by EzE
                Well we all say it sure aint like the good ol' days but thats because rappers these days are too focused on money and shit.
                There are still some postive forces in Hio-Hop though, Talib Kweli Common and the host of underground artists still reppin'.
                It's not all bad.
                I agree, although I don't know if I'd categorize Kweli and Common as either mainstream/undreground...i think they've found some sort of middle ground. Although if you have to ask me to me categorize theem I'd probably say underground.

Anyway, there's a slew of a bunch of good artists out:

Talib Kweli
                Common
                Pharoahe Monch
                Mos Def
                Kanye
                dead prez
                immortal technique
                The Roots

The average hip hop listener (the ones that just listen to whats on MTV, Hot 97, Power 105, BET, etc.) would probably not know most of thoe artists, but hey we are hip hop. We are the people that are going to take hip hop to where we want it to go...
                ks

Comment

Underground is tight...

Not a lot of mainstream these days is that good...

My fav. mainstream artist is NAS!

Talib Kweli is holding it down and so is Mos Def (both albums were not as good as pervious ones)

The product of commercial (fake commercial) is these kids like these [email protected] and shit are pissing me off and the black kids too. Like they don't kno shit about hip hop and they think they do... and they try and act tough but they are so fake! Which is cuz of the hip hop today that is influnencing these kids. It is ok to be white and like hip hop, I do... but when they over do it with their baggy clothes and look like fools it is just stupid, I'm not saying you can't show that you like hip hop when you are white with ur clothes I am just saying, don't over do it. I wear baggy clothes but it ain't filled with labels and I just usually wear black or white none of this colourful shit trying to stand out. When I say baggy it means I wear it like it is not tight just loose but these kids wearing shirts 4 sizes too big and pants pants at their knees and all this shit says SEAN JOHN and ROCAWEAR in bright colours that stand out... that is not being hip hop, you people don't know hip hop.

Wut happened to Graffiti like no one does it now, I kno there is a lot of countries that still do it and New York and LA have it but not that much where I am people from like they act like they kno hip hop but don't do graffiti...

Or Breakdancing there is so many people I kno that breakdance and don't even kno it is an element of hip hop, like wut the fuck is wrong with you?

and there is some djs but they usually play shit and I hardly see any over here, I kno there is some talented ones in the GTA (greater toronto area).

It is bullshit, you can't say you kno hip hop when they don't even listen to THE GOOD rap... I am not saying you all have to be a Graff writer to be a hip hop fan or a breakdancer but at least acknowledge these elements or kno the muzik that is good... Hip Hop is great it isn't because u listen to G Unit U R kool cuz u wear their clothes and listen to shit muzik...

Wut ever happened to the good old days where people would listen to the real hip hop like:

Slick Rick
                  Kool G Rap
                  Run DMC
                  and wear some shell toe adidas breakdancing on the corner
                  and the other shit like that

there is still pretty good mainstream artists but it is pretty weak now adays. I say underground and I am trying to get into Graff writing (I did one piece) and I tried to learn to breakdance I will eventually learn but it is hard cuz no one here realli can teach me cuz they don't do it... I am not fronting like I kno all about hip hop but the kids these days don't kno shit and try and represent it.

keep hip hop alive, it is just a way to get money now and it is being killed but these record labels and artists in this only for the money and fame, thats why they rap with no concept and meaning...

Peace and stay real!
                  Last edited by JULZ13; 11-02-2004, 04:35 PM.
                  +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
                  JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

Originally posted by JULZ13
                    Underground is tight...

Not a lot of mainstream these days is that good...

My fav. mainstream artist is NAS!

Talib Kweli is holding it down and so is Mos Def (both albums were not as good as pervious ones)

The product of commercial (fake commercial) is these kids like these [email protected] and shit are pissing me off and the black kids too. Like they don't kno shit about hip hop and they think they do... and they try and act tough but they are so fake! Which is cuz of the hip hop today that is influnencing these kids. It is ok to be white and like hip hop, I do... but when they over do it with their baggy clothes and look like fools it is just stupid, I'm not saying you can't show that you like hip hop when you are white with ur clothes I am just saying, don't over do it. I wear baggy clothes but it ain't filled with labels and I just usually wear black or white none of this colourful shit trying to stand out. When I say baggy it means I wear it like it is not tight just loose but these kids wearing shirts 4 sizes too big and pants pants at their knees and all this shit says SEAN JOHN and ROCAWEAR in bright colours that stand out... that is not being hip hop, you people don't know hip hop.

Wut happened to Graffiti like no one does it now, I kno there is a lot of countries that still do it and New York and LA have it but not that much where I am people from like they act like they kno hip hop but don't do graffiti...

Or Breakdancing there is so many people I kno that breakdance and don't even kno it is an element of hip hop, like wut the fuck is wrong with you?

and there is some djs but they usually play shit and I hardly see any over here, I kno there is some talented ones in the GTA (greater toronto area).

It is bullshit, you can't say you kno hip hop when they don't even listen to THE GOOD rap... I am not saying you all have to be a Graff writer to be a hip hop fan or a breakdancer but at least acknowledge these elements or kno the muzik that is good... Hip Hop is great it isn't because u listen to G Unit U R kool cuz u wear their clothes and listen to shit muzik...

Wut ever happened to the good old days where people would listen to the real hip hop like:

Slick Rick
                    Kool G Rap
                    Run DMC

there is still pretty good mainstream artists but it is pretty weak now adays. I say underground and I am trying to get into Graff writing (I did one piece) and I tried to learn to breakdance I will eventually learn but it is hard cuz no one here realli can teach me cuz they don't do it... I am not fronting like I kno all about hip hop but the kids these days don't kno shit and try and represent it.

keep hip hop alive, it is just a way to get money now and it is being killed but these record labels and artists in this only for the money and fame, thats why they rap with no concept and meaning...

Peace and stay real!

i agree

some of my fav are:canibus, nas, talib kweli, tupac, n some others
                    note that i may not have heard all of there songs though.
                    *$*It Don't Work Like that, It Aint Worth Gettin Stabbed In the Back, The Real World Is Wack N It's Just Like that*$* *S.A.L.I.F*

Comment

the newer ones seem to be uninformed about the origins, though there are some that are in tune and respect the past...as time progresses i think people will just forget about the forefathers entirely, and thats when hip hop will probably die out or become a full fledged commercial entity (even though it is already)...and that also includes underground heads in the future, who did not grow up on the 80s or early 90s but instead grew up on the aesops, atmospheres, non phixions, el p's, louis logic's etc...

Comment

fuck the old heads that shyt is ova with ....ya'll need to wake the fuck up this ain't the 80 or the 90 the world has changed and as the world changed the music will .... fuck canibus and common and all these other faggs ya'll geek ass motherfuckers ya'll listen to their music is trash and it's gonna stay trash as long as n1ggas like me are around ....
                        fuck a peace talk *****
                        i let my piece talk ...
                        hollowtip bloodhoung gang u already know!

Comment

Originally posted by JULZ13

Slick Rick
                          Kool G Rap
                          Run DMC
                          lmaooooooooo....u a bitch (i swear white boys these days)
                          fuck a peace talk *****
                          i let my piece talk ...
                          hollowtip bloodhoung gang u already know!

Comment

I'm ashamed to say I listen to hip-hop now.

Comment

Originally posted by j-rod
                              lmaooooooooo....u a bitch (i swear white boys these days)
                              Wow ur a fag y r u still hear I owned ur ass long enough ago if I keep doin that shit ur ass would be gone for sure. STFU I can't believe U actually think ur muzik is better like that shit is the wackest stuff out...how can someone be that fuckin stupid and ignorant!?!

Peace
                              +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
                              JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Drishk, Today, 06:49 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Lipa
                              by Lipa

Started by Rapsodia, Today, 04:22 AM