"Yeah, back when I was pushin weight, flippin crack..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yeah, back when I was pushin weight, flippin crack..."

It seems these days not one new rapper can come out without tellin some story about what he did back in the day, or claims to have done, regarding movin the white stuff. Is it just me or since 50 blew up has it become more essential for new artists to have some usually vague story of crack money behind them?

Id say if you surveyed the 100 best selling artists,about 25 would have some story in interviews bout all the crack they sold.
    Eazy E,Snoop,Jay Z,Nate Dogg,nearly all of G Unit,Game,Nelly,Nas,Biggie,Tupac,Nas,most of Outlawz and Junior Mafia,Obie Trice,Clipse,most of Dipset and St Lunatics yada yadda yadda and so on

Who the fuck they sellin too? I remember readin The Corner,a great book version of the HBO series of the same name,which claimed that Baltimore had 50,000 junkies (bout 5-10% of population). Most lived in the bad areas. You really believe that 25% of young men are selling to 10% of the population? What they have,2 customers each? I dunno how it works in the US,but in Ireland most junkies buy of other junkies. One junkie is supplied by some clean well connected guy making money,and sells to his friends for a tiny profit and a bit of free heroin for himself.

lol why dont these cunts ever just admit they sold nothing,or only sold weed pills and a bit of coke,rather than claiming to have been Pablo fuckin Escobar. Fair enough,you got guys like Snoop,50,Quan,Biggie guys who did time for it,but then you have guys like Tupac who build half their lyrics around what apparently was at most a 2 week career in drug dealing(which ended when his supplier dumped him for not being a good enough seller). Why all the fake shit? Keepin it real my cock
    "A young youth, yo rockin the gold tooth, 'Lo goose
    Only way, I begin to g off was drug loot
    And let's start it like this son, rollin with this one
    And that one, pullin out gats for fun"

Exactly. if these guys sold as much as they said they did, then they wouldnt need to rap to support their families.....theyd b fuckin rich.....99% of the ppl in the rap game are fake
    The Movement!

G-Peezy!!1!
    www.gp.org

Comment

^^^^

Another good point

50 claimed to be making $5000 a day by the age of 19. Thats over $1.5 million per year. He blew up when he was about 26-27. If he was tellin the truth, he already had made close on 8 million dollars. Bullshit!
      "A young youth, yo rockin the gold tooth, 'Lo goose
      Only way, I begin to g off was drug loot
      And let's start it like this son, rollin with this one
      And that one, pullin out gats for fun"

Comment

^^ LOL..true...
        Originally posted by Stat Quo
        yo that shit sounds like it can work...i fucks wit it...keep doin whatchu do...u gone be alright in this game
        Originally posted by Hush
        keep doing ya thang homie! Holla...
        www.myspace.com/teknikalmusic

Comment

Originally posted by thug_*****
          ^^^^

Another good point

50 claimed to be making $5000 a day by the age of 19. Thats over $1.5 million per year. He blew up when he was about 26-27. If he was tellin the truth, he already had made close on 8 million dollars. Bullshit!
          Ya when i read the interview it had me thinking.
          100ten%

Comment

Most of these dudes did come up slangin tho..and personally, if u know drug dealers like i do...they are pretty proud about dealin at times..its a up and down lifestyle.
            Been on parole since '94 cuz I commit the crimes.

Comment

I believe 50 was moving Cocaine and NOT crack

but the rest is true, I don't believe Nas ever moved shit

and also Crack and drugs in general are used as money laundering, as in converted into crack, cocaine and heroin, they don't necessary sell it to junkies...get your facts straight
              Everybody was born to hustle
              It's a very thin line between a boss and a muscle
              - Xzibit

Comment

eh, i dont really care, they cant sell shit if consumers dont think they're "cool"
                dO tHe DrUg DoNt LeT tHe DrUg Do YoU

Comment

The thing that you have to look at is the definition of a junkie. A junkie by the standard definition is a poor destitute typically homeless individual. The majority of crack, cocaine, heroin, etc buyers are wealthy and upper middle class individuals. Not to mention the college market that purchase from the upper dealers. The thing that I find so intriguing is that everyone thinks the hood or dudes on the streets are the majority of the dealers. When in fact the real major dealers happen to be lawyers, executives, and your typical run of the mill business man. The people in the streets are usually just sub customers that buy quantities from the middle to bottom people. They are rarely ever in direct contact with the wealthy dealers. I know it is sad to say but I feel like music that deals with drugs appeals to me more. Especially if like Baltimore love thing it deals with the trials and tribulations of addiction. Pretending to be a pusher though is bull crap but I don't think there are many that do that. It is the way that most make money look at the past artists like Biggie, Ice T, Eazy E they were all major hustlers before they turned to rap.
                  Last edited by KINGB19; 03-16-2005, 09:38 PM.
                  Take each day one step at a time.

Comment

good thread
                    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

Comment

Originally posted by KINGB19
                      The thing that you have to look at is the definition of a junkie. A junkie by the standard definition is a poor destitute typically homeless individual. The majority of crack, cocaine, heroin, etc buyers are wealthy and upper middle class individuals. Not to mention the college market that purchase from the upper dealers. The thing that I find so intriguing is that everyone thinks the hood or dudes on the streets are the majority of the dealers. When in fact the real major dealers happen to be lawyers, executives, and your typical run of the mill business man. The people in the streets are usually just sub customers that buy quantities from the middle to bottom people. They are rarely ever in direct contact with the wealthy dealers. I know it is sad to say but I feel like music that deals with drugs appeals to me more. Especially if like Baltimore love thing it deals with the trials and tribulations of addiction. Pretending to be a pusher though is bull crap but I don't think there are many that do that. It is the way that most make money look at the past artists like Biggie, Ice T, Eazy E they were all major hustlers before they turned to rap.
                      Actually I'm pretty sure Ice-T was much more into whores and swag than drugs, which is rare for a rapper because most rappers who were hustlers (like the ones mentioned in this thread) were in the drug business. Now, drug houses are everywhere, there used to be one on my old block. Back then my neighborhood was a little different and my family in particular didn't have a lot of money but we weren't ghetto. I'd imagine it's easier to get away with managing one the shittier the neighborhood is though. You're also right that there it's not just street people, it's blue collar and white collar people involved in the drug trade as launderers. Also if I was in that business I'd go for the rich part of town, not the poor part because they do just as much drugs there but they can afford to blow more money. I have to add though that most of these rappers were on the low end of the drug trade or just did when they were broke as a get-rich-quick scheme and not fully in the life (Like 2Pac, I can relate to 2Pac trying to be a dealer but he sucked at it and was over it, the same thing happened with me in high school), the only ones who's gained notorious reputations as dealers before going straight were Eazy E, Biggie, and 50 Cent.
                      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Originally posted by thug_*****
                        ^^^^

Another good point

I don't know if that's true but that doesn't surprise me, there's really that much money in drugs. But it's extremely dangerous and unpredictable and a lot of that money goes into security measures and bribing crooked cops so the guys in that life can hardly even enjoy their success.
                        "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Tupac never claimed to of been a drug dealer. He said he sold a little crack when he was 17 while he was homeless. He can't of claimed to be making that much money if he was homeless.

Comment

^^ he admitted in tupac: resurection that he wasn't good at selling drugs.

there isn't much credibility to people saying "yeah i sold all this to these people". its easy to say, i bought this and sold it to someone else. from what i know, weed is the easiest thing on the planet to sell... 16 year old girls buy weed, and more than half of america's youth is willing to experiment with it. they know its not physically addictive and its got a good feeling behind it for a relatively low price.

crack and cocaine are not so simple. people know crackheads and cokeheads are looked down upon, and each of those drugs carries a high addiction. and they're not cheap. so its work just finding people that wanna buy those drugs. then to find a lot of those people to be making "5000 dollars a day", means u have to find a ton of people that wanna buy it.... that's not easy.
                            I hate a liar more than I hate a theif
                            a theif is only after my salary, a liar's after my reality
                            if its on muthafucka, believe ima ride
                            im the type to swallow my blood 'fore i swallow my pride

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by alisahendel, Today, 12:44 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post alisahendel  
                            Started by Smilert, 01-30-2020, 08:51 AM