Wu-Tang Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wu-Tang Manual

I was wondering if anyone has bought and read RZA's book "The Wu-Tang Manual." He was on the Daily Show the other night talking about it and it looks pretty interesting. I'm gonna pick it up when i have some extra cash. Just wondering if anyone has read it and has any opinions on it.
    you can't spell thugs without hugs

Saw him on the Daily Show, I think I'm gonna pick this book up
    Laughing how dreams ain't dreams no more
    Used to dream of keys 'til the triple-beam was sore

- Pusha T "You'll See"

Comment

If you like Wu-Tang get this shit. I got it a week or so ago and it's better than I expected. It goes over all the following things that the group incorporates into their music: Profiles/stories on each member, Martial Arts, Comics, Chess, Organized crime, Cinema, Touring, Drugs, lyrics (with stories/explanations), and even a dictionary with slang terms that they used. Also talks a lot about the area of Staten Island that most of them grew up in. It's definately worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by koosisill
        If you like Wu-Tang get this shit. I got it a week or so ago and it's better than I expected. It goes over all the following things that the group incorporates into their music: Profiles/stories on each member, Martial Arts, Comics, Chess, Organized crime, Cinema, Touring, Drugs, lyrics (with stories/explanations), and even a dictionary with slang terms that they used. Also talks a lot about the area of Staten Island that most of them grew up in. It's definately worth looking at.
        Sounds awesome. Im kinda interested in seeing where they grew up and stuff too since im from Staten Island myself.

Comment

i was reading somewhere how methodman inspectah deck remedy and som other members there was like 8 all went to the same skool how cool would that skool be
          thx to saturn for the avatar

Comment

Yeah, it talks about Stapleton Projects and Park Hill Projects where some of them grew up

Comment

Originally posted by Can-i-xl?
              i was reading somewhere how methodman inspectah deck remedy and som other members there was like 8 all went to the same skool how cool would that skool be
              Possibly, don't remember if the book says. Didn't Jay-Z, Biggy, and Busta Rhymes all go the same school as eachother? I could be completely wrong though. That would be pretty crazy if they did

Comment

Ja Rule and 50 cent went to the same school
                Originally posted by ZoG
                If hip hop is dead, what are you doing here?

REAL TALK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jurassic Crunk
                  I was wondering if anyone has bought and read RZA's book "The Wu-Tang Manual." He was on the Daily Show the other night talking about it and it looks pretty interesting. I'm gonna pick it up when i have some extra cash. Just wondering if anyone has read it and has any opinions on it.
                  FUCK u beat me to this thread!

I got it already... shit is SOO great!

I got it yesterday cuz my parents saw it on tv and told me about it cuz they thought it was interesting then I went to indigo and bought it... it is real good.

I am on page 80 something... I could have finished it already but I am reading another book too called The Politics Of Hunger... and I want to enjoy The Wu-Tang Manual...

BUT if you are thinking about getting it... THEN GET IT! Cuz it is a great book, so interesting, one of my fav books cuz he has a lot of different subjects in it, plus the way he presents it is on a level that is very interesting to me... plus the cover and all that looks tight.

Book is ILL COP IT!

One Love
                  +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
                  JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

I'll post more on it tommorrow but it has a lot of different subjects... The RZA is a very knowledgable guy...

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by JULZ13
                      FUCK u beat me to this thread!

I got it already... shit is SOO great!

I got it yesterday cuz my parents saw it on tv and told me about it cuz they thought it was interesting then I went to indigo and bought it... it is real good.

I am on page 80 something... I could have finished it already but I am reading another book too called The Politics Of Hunger... and I want to enjoy The Wu-Tang Manual...

BUT if you are thinking about getting it... THEN GET IT! Cuz it is a great book, so interesting, one of my fav books cuz he has a lot of different subjects in it, plus the way he presents it is on a level that is very interesting to me... plus the cover and all that looks tight.

Book is ILL COP IT!

One Love
                      sounds great, thanks. Definitely gonna buy it when i have some cash man.

Comment

Originally posted by Can-i-xl?
                        I'm pretty sure they didn't... RZA met a lot of them in their area.... but the GZA and ODB are the RZA's cousins and he met method man when he was like 16 and meth was 14. I am pretty sure they didn't grow up in the same skool... in the book, one of the first pages has a map of parts of Staten and Brooklyn Zoo and all that and it shows where each of them lives... Its tight.

One Love

Comment

Originally posted by Jurassic Crunk
                          sounds great, thanks. Definitely gonna buy it when i have some cash man.
                          True man, I got it for $24.00 CAD but it says it costs... $16.00 US. The book is like 260 something pages...

Comment

i ordered it from amazon.com for $10.88...should be coming through soon...what caught my ear initially was that they were going to talk about how martial arts (film) influenced them, and i was always into martial arts flicks...

Comment

blah i need some fucking money... right now im down to my last $5 2:-$2. i'll probably end up getting this for my birthday in april.
                              What I'm Listening To

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 06:02 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nancystarkman  
                              Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 05:02 AM