Kanye West - Late Registration ....thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye West - Late Registration ....thoughts

Lets see. I'm gonna single out some sounds that I replayed after the first listen or I liked.

04 - Gold Digger - funny song, I actually chuckled. A little comedy humor, not toilet humor seen on other top quality albums (Encore)
    06 - Drive Slow - I haven't really _listened_ to it to actually understand what their talkin about but Paul Wall comes off hot on this song and it gets a replay from me.

09 - Roses - Some deep shit on this one...enjoyed it. After listening to it I was like, damn thats some real shit...(with the introduction-accapella at least)
    10 - Bring Me Down - This is also some deep shit. Inspirational type. I immediately remembered some other songs that had the same inspire-type style (Lose Yourself?) Kanye also IMO has his best flow and lyrics on this song. "When I was barely living/ that's what kept me alive" whew...
    13 Diamonds REMIX - The beat, the story, Jay-Z, this is a stand-out track of the album.

some disappointments...

I was looking for some "harder" shit on this album. "Let Me Down" from his debut album was a hot song with a hot beat that was a good song, but songs like this and etc were noteable absent. Crack Music didn't have a verse from Game, so wtf is the point if you wanna say you got "Crack Music?"

Solid Album, beats are great, but I guess Kanye is not really my style. His rhymes are not really that hot on a lot of them. Rhymes the same thing 3x and it's pretty simple scheme. Aside from the ones I pointed out above he had a lot of weak lyrics.

The beats also, on "Gone" it just trails with no one talking for 15 secs,,, thought song was over lol.

(*)

Originally posted by slimshady77
    I didnt like this album at all. The beats sound like the came from mr. rogers neighborhood and the lyrics are average. It was basically a big let down for me.
    Originally posted by Mortal Danger
    also if u like this alot....i have a huge suggestion for u to make ur music listenin better

u know longer like rap

go downlaod Gospel albums and ur music experience will be sooo much better for u
    Originally posted by rockho
    Yo i always hated kayne west that jesus loving preacher. Jesus walks, get the fuck outta here with that shit. If i wanted to go to church i'd put a bullet into my face and go straight to hell. I'm not even going to bother listening to it if fp hates it. And fuck Nas too.

what people dont get is that this is not an album for the streets.....this is an album for life.....get your mind of killin, gats, and slingin' for a while....and appreciate life....dumb bitches
    Last edited by thergs; 08-19-2005, 01:52 PM.
    EsCo LeT's gO

i see people hatin but i'm stickin by my opinion

album is incredibly hot.........beats are incredible, lyrics are good (not amazing)

i love the album but everyone's got an opinion
    Truth Himself Facebook

www.facebook.com/truthhimself

Comment

what people dont get is that this is not an album for the streets.....this is an album for life.....get your mind of killin, gats, and slingin' for a while....and appreciate life....dumb bitches
      Whoever wrote that needs to put down the latest flavor of the month (in this case, the ridiculously named "Kanye") and listen to the Ninth.

Comment

Waiting 'til the 30th to buy it

I liked Diamonds and Gold Digger from the few times I've heard them though

No verse from Game? that sucks

aka "Loyalty"

Comment

Originally posted by Loyalty
          Waiting 'til the 30th to buy it

I liked Diamonds and Gold Digger from the few times I've heard them though

No verse from Game? that sucks
          no verse from Game.......he basically isnt in the track much at all

but you wont be disappointed with this album
          Truth Himself Facebook

Comment

Cool, lookin forward to it. Hope there's a special edition or something cuz I reserved it like 2 months ago

aka "Loyalty"

Comment

this album is hot, if i want to listen to the same ole crap ill put on the young jeezy, kanye is a breakthrough artist, ill be jammin to this cd for a while

Comment

Originally posted by 2shady4you
                i see people hatin but i'm stickin by my opinion

album is incredibly hot.........beats are incredible, lyrics are good (not amazing)

i love the album but everyone's got an opinion
                dude if u really believed it was so hot u wouldnt spend your time trying to convince everybody

albums a bit disappointing to me

i wanted some tracks like "Let Me Down", "Jesus Walks" and "Last Call", I WANTED A LAST CALL DAMN IT.
                ...::: Player Hater of the Year :::...

Comment

i Wanted A Spaceship Motherfucker!
                  ...::: Player Hater of the Year :::...

Comment

word^

Comment

kanye came off a lot more polished lyrically this time around, album has the best beats of the year, IMO, better than his first beats and lyric wise, but may not be as "revolutionary" for pop-hop... Drive Slow was probably the biggest surprise for me in that it was a good song and not the same old crunk shit...essentially a solo song from Common ala Dear Summer by Jay on Bleeks album, was defintiely a positive, all the guest appearances were on point in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist
                        dude if u really believed it was so hot u wouldnt spend your time trying to convince everybody

albums a bit disappointing to me

i wanted some tracks like "Let Me Down", "Jesus Walks" and "Last Call", I WANTED A LAST CALL DAMN IT.
                        i agree that those tracks were amazing but how can u not think "Hey Mama", "Bring Me Down" & "Touch The Sky" arent just as good

well whatver...........u made a good point about me.........i'm not gonna respond to these threads n e more
                        Truth Himself Facebook

Comment

It's about as good as College Dropout, CD has better guests than LR

8.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by thergs
                            06 - Drive Slow - I haven't really _listened_ to it to actually understand what their talkin about
                            It's about driving slow, homey

This album is fucking fire. Even the Paul Wall song was hot. It's different as hell and the first listen threw me off, but it's brilliant. Album of the year. Standouts right now: Heard Em Say, Touch The Sky, Roses, Gone. I like 'em all really, though.
                            Originally posted by SteWonYou
                            sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
                            Originally posted by Temerity
                            understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
                            Originally posted by Nianco
                            Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Comment

the first time i listened to it, i didnt no what to think of it...i was expectin another college dropout type album but this one is more mellow and orchestrated
                              to be honest, i was really disapointed and it didnt live up to its own hype...
                              but now that i listen to it more, some songs are catching on (drive slow is a good chillan song..sounds like it could have been on college dropout)
                              ..there are still some i dont like, like celebration and heard em say...but maybe theyll grow on me..

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:25 AM
                              0 responses